Seeking a Software engineer/developer position in a company that will utilize my technical and leadership skills in the areas of Mainframe and/or .NET technologies.CANDIDATE SUMMARY
Background and Expertise
- 5+ years of IT experience in Full Life Cycle of Software Development including requirement analysis, design, development, unit testing, integration testing, system maintenance, support and documentation
- Extensive Insurance domain knowledge and expertise. Acquired certifications in American Commercial Insurance (INS23) and American General Insurance (INS21) from AICPCU II A of USA
- Project Management expertise in leading projects involving effort estimation, team building, work allocation, resource planning etc
- Development and maintenance of both batch and on-line applications on IBM Mainframe MVS OS/390 using VS COBOL II, DB2, JCL, VSAM and CICS
- Expertise in coding SQL for retrieving and manipulating database tables using query management and reporting tools such as QMF, SPUFI and DB2 File-Aid
- Proficient in coding, testing and debugging in VB, ASP.NET applications
- Excellent analytical aptitude coupled with clear thinking, curiosity, passion and willingness to learn
- Testing skills include performing unit, regression and integration testing as well as development, execution, maintenance of test plans, test scenarios and QA processing
- Expertise in Quality procedures. Created quality reports and statistical metrics to communicate within & across teams. Was an active contributor to help the Insurance Unit achieve CMMI Quality Level 5
- Experience in interacting with Business users, IT leads and developers in analyzing business requirements and translating requirements into functional and technical design specifications
- Mentored & energized US, Indian engineers on systems design, operations & Ratabase engine
- Production Support for nightly batch process and quick issue resolution for any job Abends
- Provided Support to DBA in setting up new tables and altering existing tables for production moves
Confidential, Hyderabad, India (Client: Confidential)PROJECT LEAD JAN 2007-NOV 2007
- Led and energized a team of 11 in software design, analysis, coding, testing and implementation
- Collaborated with business analysts in finalizing requirements, specifications and deliverables
- Guided team to perform customer issue resolution through root cause analysis for all systems
- Responsible for reviewing project proposals from Clients, providing time and labor estimate feedback and allocating approved projects to team members
- Reviewed and guided coding of Cobol-DB2 programs, setting up new batch jobs and writing new JCLs
- Mentored and trained US and Indian team members on RATABASE engine, as well as on several technical, domain and system projects
- Development, maintenance and production support for "Pricing" applications
- Developed rating algorithm for new states as part of the State Expansion project at Selective
- Received appreciation from Customers for delivering business critical projects on time and with quality
- Conducted production parallels to ensure programming changes do not impact other parts of the system.
- Played a key role in the implementation team to promote the changes to production for all the Phases
- Organized an "online vehicle insurance stall" in a business event that received highly positive feedback
- Nominated as the quality audit lead for all Selective projects handled by my team
Confidential, Glastonbury, Connecticut, USA
SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER AND ONSITE CO-COORDINATOR MAR 2006-JAN 2007
- Played a key role in setting up a system data analysis group that involved coordinating trend analysis requirements and data with a third party vendor chosen by Selective.
- Fixed bugs, coded and performed testing in front end applications that involved changes in VB, ASP.NET, SQL server and XML
- Developed novel approach to handle Cobol hard-coded edits with global variables, lookup tables in Db2
- Played a key role as the point-of-contact for all the batch programming support that was implemented (changes include: Select PLUS front-end changes, DB2 stored procedures, DB2 table alters, New DB2 tables, Form & DEC revisions, Cobol changes to daily, weekly, monthly jobs and other system performance reports, One-shot jobs to update policy data in production)
- Developed Store Procedures to support front-end utility to delete or copy policies from one set of test tables to other set of test tables and also copy policies from production to test environment. The utility works with just a click of a mouse button thus saving lots of time during testing and debugging phases
- Performed on-time and error-free unit testing, integration testing and regression testing
- Documented lessons learnt, updated project files and gathered necessary metrics data for the project.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India (Client: Confidential)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER & TEAM LEAD. JAN 2005-MAR 2006
- Acquired experience in analyzing Client requirements, responding to the client with a memo of understanding and performing system design
- Performed coding for COBOL, Db2, JCL depending on specifications and requirements from Client
- Altered DB2 tables for storing new fields and necessary re-compilations to support the Personal Lines system.
- Gained expertise in software analysis, design, coding and testing and implementation
- Contributed to system wide revisions at Selective, including changes to front-end insurance score interpretation, pre-renewal batch interpretation, rating process revision, form attachment changes and declaration changes.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India (Client: Confidential)SOFTWARE ENGINEER & MODULE LEAD
OCT 2002-JAN 2005
- Applied academic knowledge to engineering problems through successful execution of several projects
- Created defect consolidation forms, review reports and unit test plan quality reports.
- Maintained status of completed team's work requests received from Clients.
- Developed automation tools and wrote Easy trieves that increased the productivity of the MSTAT system
- Provided technical support and coordination for team members
- Tested batch/on-line application module(s) to verify whether the changes meet business requirements
- Analyzed the data using SPUFI & QMF. Wrote SQL statements to extract data from Tables to verify the output data of the reports.
EDUCATIONMasters in Computer Applications
BSc Computer Science & Engineering
Key Courses: Data structures, Systems analysis and Design, COBOL, DBMS, RDBMS, Statistical computing, Networking, Operations research, Software engineering, Accounting, Programming Languages, Object oriented systems, Operating systems, Computer Organization, Java programming, Computer graphics, Internet protocols.
Projects: Equity Management System in Visual Basic & Intranet Development in Java for Jost's Engg FirmTECHNICAL AND ORGANISATIONAL EXPERTISE
Operating Systems: OS/390, IBM3090, MVS, Windows 2000/XP/NT/98/95, MS DOS, UNIX.
Programming: C, C++, COBOL, VSAM, JCL, MQ Series, CICS, VB, HTML, PASCAL, FORTRAN, VB.NET, ASP.NET 3.5,C#, JAVA
Tools & Utilities: QMF, SPUFI, ABEND-AID, FILE-AID, EXPEDITOR, DB2I, PANVALET,LOGBOOK, RDS, DUMP MASTER, FAULT ANALYZER, DB2 MONITOR, ENDEAVOUR, FILE MANAGER/DB2, Easytrieve, Visual Interdev 6.0, Visual Source Safe 6.0, SYSTEM VIEW
Databases: DB2, SQL, SQL server 2000, Ms Access 2000
Project Mgmt: MS Project, Quality Procedures, SEI-CMM-5
Leadership: Served as Project lead and mentored team members in US and Indian teams
Team Player: Part of cross functional teams working on critical business deliverables on Ratabase projects.
Innovative: Invented several tools for faster and simpler software processes
Communication: Experience in interacting with Business users, IT leads and developers in analyzing businessrequirements and translating requirements into functional and technical design specifications.
Energizing: Motivating system owners & engineers through positive attitude, open mindset & setting greatexamples
Flexibility: Very easy to work with, work expertise in multiple areas - analytical, design, experimental, software code
Accountable: On time delivery, with high quality & first time right track record with extremely high say/do ratio
- Received Pat on the back Award at Satyam for significant technical advancement as a youngprofessional, 2003-2004
- Received STARperformer award, the highest rating in a team at Satyam, for the yr 2006-2007.
- Acquired certifications in American Commercial Insurance (INS23) and American General Insurance (INS21) from AICPCU II A of USA
- Received appreciation and award from the Client for the release of "Predictive Modeling", a major release