Self-starting, well-organized and efficient, capable of handling multiple projects concurrently while maintaining high performance standards, including commitment to schedules, deadlines, quality work, and consistent client satisfaction. Skilled at organizing complex projects, defining priorities, and delegating tasks in a team environment while utilizing each individual’s potential to achieve company objectives. Major analytical strengths with demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail in planning and problem solving.
Experience & Accomplishments
Temporary Positions 2010
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry/Receptionist
Direct administrative support for the Assistant to the President and Directors as assigned; aid and assist in preparation of reports and documents; maintain file and manuals; register and schedule for seminars and conferences; maintain calendars; provide telephone support; provide meeting support; schedule meetings, prepare agendas, take and record minutes; book conference rooms; handle dietary requirements; prepare and distributes meeting materials; assists staff in management of supplies, processing of invoices, making travel arrangements, processing of mail and other duties as assigned. Perform special assignments and research activities as directed.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas 2000 to 2008
Contract Wordings 2005 to 2008
- Created, proofed, edited and ensured approximately 100 Contracts were executed within a regulatory timeframe for the US operation. Trained and supervised support staff of one on Contract construction. Established protocols for contract completion and implemented procedures. Assisted in the design and development of an innovative document tracking system.
- Successful customer interaction with intermediaries, brokers and reinsurers on contract interpretation. Adeptly handled incoming communications and responded to internal and external requests for information on a timely basis.
- Reviewed and approved proposals certifying regulatory compliance and industry requirements.
- Proactive in the testing and training of new accounting system and virtual repository. Coded and entered into mainframe system new, renewal and changes of contract terms for all US Contracts.
- Effectively managed day to day operations of the Contract Wordings Department.
Broking 2000 to 2005
Confidential, Dallas, Texas 1995 to 2000
- Provided high level analytical support to Branch Offices. Assisted in development of reports and presentations. Updated renewal submissions utilizing current client statistics.
- Internal key-point person for one of the largest clients.
- Originated premium and rate adjustments and processed claims based on contract terms.
- Handled sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Oversaw a wide variety of administrative functions in support of all marketing projects.
- Compiled and analyzed data from clients for proposal preparation. Generated correspondence to effectively communicate transmittal of submission to markets.
- Established Company treaty and contract wording filing system.
- Assisted in the creation of Company’s standard documents.
- Provided superior administrative support to Executive Vice President.
- Assisted in development of reports and presentations.
- Answered incoming calls and inquiries from clients and colleagues.
- Wrote correspondence, proofed and edited other documents to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Assisted in the preparation of proposals for presentation to major accounts.
- Managed travel reservations and processed expense accounts.
- Produced reports utilizing database search, maintained and updated database quarterly.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point & Publisher
- Windows 2007 & XP
- Adobe Reader & Writer
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mainframe Systems for Accounting Reinsurance (BIS)
- Virtual Repository
Associate in Applied Arts and Science
Intermediaries and Reinsurance Underwriters Association/Brokers and Reinsurance Markets Association, Contract Wording Seminar
Reinsurance Association of America, Contract Wording Seminar
Strain Publishing and Reinsurance Seminars, Inc., Contract Wording Seminar