A Sr. IT Specialist/Site Lead combining 20 years of experience in the IT Industry with a Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineer Technology, a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, and an MBA in Management of Information System. Versatile senior leader, a team builder, and a motivator with a proven track record with the experience to oversee and direct major projects to leading a major turn around for the IT department. An innovative, highly accomplished information technology manger focused on customer support with extensive experience in coordinating all infrastructure and data center operations activities, LAN/WAN, systems management, servers, hardware/software, IT security, and desktop support. Dynamic team player and leader adapted in motivating and inspiring staff to meet contractual agreements and ensure customer satisfaction. Resourceful problem solver equipped with proven strengths.
- Customer and End User Focus Service Level Agreement Compliance Proactive and Results Driven Project Leader
- Global Team Leader Daily, Weekly
Platform: Windows 7, Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Macintosh, Novell, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix
Hardware: Dell, IBM, and Gateway Desktop PC and Monitors, Laptops, HP, Dell, and Lexmark Printers, Scanners, Barcode Printers, All-In one printer, Blackberry
Software: Helpdesk Management Tool Remedy, Microsoft Office Suite (98, 2000, 2003, 2007), Adobe. Citrix
Virus Software: Spyware Doctor, Norton, McAfee, AVG, SmitfraudFix.
Backup Software: Tivoli, ArcServe, VERITAS
Company Confidential- IT Consultant 2/2008 07/2009
Provide IT consulting services to Property management organizations through the Dallas/fort Worth, TX Metroplex. Meet with clients to define software, hardware and network requirements. Clarify system specifications; analyze operating practices and the nature of their business. Upon request, present solutions to clients in both written and oral reports. Make recommendations on the purchase of new hardware and software. Install, test, and monitor new systems.
Sr. IT Specialist/Site Lead 05/2007-02/2008
Managed daily business functions that included the supporting of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CIS Department networking systems and ensuring the Service Level Agreement was met. Worked closely with new management to ensure General Dynamics’ vision was understood and met. Supervised Network Engineers, Network Administrators, Desktop Support Technicians, and Tier1 helpdesk technicians for routine and special service delivery; assigned tasks, scheduled projects, and oversaw efforts. Ensured end users were provided the necessary tools and software to perform their day-to-day tasks. Supervised and managed all installations of hardware as well as software, provided maintenance, troubleshooting, and technical support for the LAN/WAN while overseeing network administration duties.
- Collaborated with senior client executives and managers in Dallas, TX and Washington, DC to define needs and create cost-effective strategic solutions and alternative approaches for networks, servers, workstations, and peripherals.
- Supervised the installation and upgrade/replacement of network firewalls.
- Supervised the migration from a local file server to a SAN solution.
- Succeeded in implementing ITIL Foundation, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
- Provided support for all software applications including government written programs as well as Microsoft programs.
- Maintained complex contractual service level agreements by providing hands-on installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and technical support, for the LAN/WAN network hardware system and software operating system. While also providing desktop support for over 1200 workstations in three separate locations and shifts as well oversee network administration duties.
Sr. IT Specialist/Site Lead 12/2002-05/2007
Directed daily business functions in support of the DHS Citizenship and Immigration Services system management engagement. Partnered with company and client management to define needs and develop solutions and creating a local Service Level Agreement. Managed human resource requirements for Siemens staff nationwide; approved time cards, vacations, and merit increases. Instrumental in leading major projects from conception, to delivery, through to the completion. Defined project requirements, and supervised project execution, including troubleshooting issues and maintaining schedules.
- Provided project management for a 1,200 workstation upgrade from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 to Windows XP, which included replacing 800 PCs, upgrading the memory in 400 machines, and configuring new workstations to specialized DHS requirements. Directed the successful, on-time upgrade of the main database server, migration of the entire organization from Novell to Active Directory, migration from cc:Mail to Exchange/Outlook e-mail, and switch from Novell Zenworks to LANDesk.
- Served as lead on the opening of a new facility, including advising the architect on computer room layout. Following building completion, worked with the headquarters’ technical team to format and install workstations, monitors, and peripherals in a timely manner.
- Supervised contract Network Engineers, Administrators, Tier1 Helpdesk Technicians, and Desktop Service Technicians nationwide.
Sr. IT Specialist/Site Lead 12/1997-12/2002
Directed 14 network engineers, administrations, and technicians in providing highly efficient system support for 1,200+ federal immigration employees throughout Dallas, including during a complex, challenging changeover that occurred following the creation of the DHS. Assigned shift work as well as weekend and holiday coverage.
- Promoted to Manager and recognized for turning the department around in becoming a more efficient Team.
- Drew on the strength of the team and helped recognized and improve upon their weakness.
- Maintained complex contractual service level agreements by providing hands-on technical management, troubleshooting, network administration, employee training and support, budgeting, and scheduling as well as partnering with company and DHS executives and senior managers in strategic planning.
- Managed a variety of projects, including a large-scale, 450+ workstation installation and configuration initiative, a main database server upgrade conforming to high security standards, a migration of the entire organization from Novell 3.12 to 4.x, and a migration and configuration from GroupWise to Lotus Notes cc:Mail.
- Cultivated an environment of focused achievement and open communications with assigned employees; maintained high levels of morale, which contributed to lower turnover and consistently excellent job performance.
Sr. IT Specialist 04/1996-12/1997
Provide desktop technical support to 800+ (DOJ) Immigration and Naturalization Service employees as well as contract data entry employees. Maintained and supported standalone and networked desktops, servers, and workstations, complying with specialized federal government requirements, especially those involving system and operational security.
- Participated in technology planning, remote and onsite user training, reporting, project costing and budgeting, and junior staff training to fulfill service level agreements.
- Assisted in the migration from Novell 3.12 to Novell 4.x.
Master of Business Administration-International Business & Management of Information Systems