Steven is a versatile developer with over ten years of experience in the interactive media field. His portfolio showcases the breadth of his experience, ranging from standalone marketing communications pieces to fully integrated social media applications. His career is marked with a proven track record for developing cutting edge “one of a kind” projects in multidisciplinary settings.
Familiar with Papervision 3D, Catmull-Rom Splines, Flash Media Server, Cairngorm micro-architecture, XSL, Akamai Server.
Confidential,Harrisburg, PA 2007-Current
Assisting clients with Internet software development and marketing initiatives.
- Implemented internationalization and abstractly shaped image editing features in a social media video playback application. Used Flash 10, Actionscript 3, XML, and Catmull-Rom Splines.
- Developed an image labeling feature in the user interface component of an online tattoo parlor that interacts with users’ Facebook accounts. Used Flash 10, Actionscript 3, and XML.
- Developed a 3-dimensional simulation of an aquarium with Flash 10, Actionscript 3, and Papervision 3D.
- Developed a preview component for custom cursor installation system with Flash 10 and Actionscript 3.
- Developed a proof of concept for a geo-visualization system for statistical data with Flex 3.2, Actionscript 3, Google Maps, and Cairngorm micro-architecture.
- Developed a social media “widget” for bands to embed on their Myspace pages to advertise their tour schedules and solicit booking requests with Flash 9, Actionscript 3, XML, and Google Maps.
- Developed an administration console for entertainment acts to manage their performance details and accept/decline requests to play at specific venues with Flash 9, Actionscript 3, XML, and Google Maps.
- Developed an online gallery for a mobile artist to display his portfolio with Adobe Flex, Actionscript 3, XML, and streaming audio and graphics.
- Analyzed the contribution channels for a not-for-profit social organization and recommended a strategy for optimizing them.
- Analyzed the effectiveness of a civic development organization’s website with Google Analytics and developed a strategic recommendation for its redesign.
Confidential,Sunbury, PA Summer 2003
A regional supermarket chain in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Carried out analyses in pricing strategies, loyalty marketing, store operations, and advertising.
Confidential,Burlingame, CA & Harrisburg, PA 1999-2002
Consultant and Technical Director
- Assisted B2B communications and Internet industries with the development of a marketing communication CD-ROMS, Internet applications, and custom multimedia projects.
- Consulted with clients to gather requirements, develop specifications, and resolve errors.
- Directed technical teams on an ad hoc basis.
- Specialized in interactive media development with Shockwave and Flash.
Confidential,San Francisco, CA 1998-1999
Quality Assurance Engineer
Market leader in software development for digital communications and e-commerce.
- Designed and developed test applications, scenarios, cases, and scripts as needed in order to implement test plans for a multimedia authoring software package.
- Executed extended unit stress tests, regression tests, and integration tests on a gray box level.
Confidential,Santa Ana, CA 1997
User Interface Developer
Developed “Net Pirates” casino gaming system, a pioneering system for online gaming that incorporated a media intensive user interface system and offshore servers.
- Developed user interface modules for the casino in Shockwave and Lingo.
- Developed product promotional Shockwave games for the motion picture, “Roadkill.”
Confidential,Los Angeles, CA 1996-1997
Principal User Interface Developer
Incubator for emerging communication technology companies. The distance education program developed a progressive, distributed education system incorporating digital video, media intensive user interfaces, and server controlled courses.
- Led integration of production teams’ assets and organization of course modules.
- Developed user interface system and course modules with Director and Lingo.
Master of Business Administration
Graduate studies in Interactive Media Art
Bachelor of Arts