- HTML (10 yrs)
- Visual Basic 6 (7 yrs),
- Visual Basic Applications (7 yrs),
- SQL (10 yrs),
- T SQL (10 yrs)
- VBScript (7 yrs)
- ADO 2.0 - 2.8 (7 yrs)
- ASP (3 yrs)
- CSS (3 yrs).
- ASP.net (5 yrs),
- VB.Net (5 yrs)
- MS Access 2000 (MDB/MDE and ADP/ADE),
- SQL Sever 7 - 2005(including backup, compression, disaster recovery, job creation, setting user permissions. Query Analyzer to create views, stored procedures triggers. Full Text indexing. OLE Connections, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- RAD & Design Technologies: MS Visual Studio 6, Visual Studio 2003, Visual Studio 2005, Crystal Reports 7 - 9 and Adobe Acrobat 5 - 7. Tableau Data Visualization Software
- Business Analyst Modeling: ETVX (Entry, Task, Validation, Exit); SIPOC (Suppliers-inputs-process-outputs-customers); Use Case Diagram; Process Flow Chart, Swim Lane Diagram, DFD (Data Flow Diagram); ERD (Entry Relationship Diagram)
- Graphics Software: Adobe PhotoShop, Macromedia Fireworks
- Web Browsers: Netscape and IE.
Confidential, 03/09 - Present
Senior Data Analytics Report and SQL Developer
- Use SQLServer 2005 - 2008R2, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau Data Visualization Software to rapidly deploy insightful, coherent and informative reports and dashboards.
- Query and extract data from Oracle Database using PL SQL.
- Build and deploy SSIS packages to FTP files to vendors.
- Write complex stored procedures and user functions and joins between Dimension and Fact tables for data extraction and report development using T SQL in an OLAP Star-Snowflake hybrid schema.
- SQL Server development liaison - bridge gap between management, data consumers and the SQL Server 2008R2 development team.
- Analyze, and approve ETL for data integration from OLTP databases to FCP OLAP data warehouse.
- Build Views, Tables, Stored Procedures and User Functions using T-SQL in an OLAP environment.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Successfully developed and implemented training for Tableau Desktop for non technical or analytical personnel.
- Use Tableau to facilitate live sessions with marketing teams to deep dive into data and provide on the fly data discovery and analytic problem solving.
- Act as Tableau and data guru provide direction to junior analytics team members on best practices for joins, SQL data structure, Tableau calculated fields and table calculations.
- Use Agile development methodology.
SQL Server Developer 11/08 - 3/09
6 Mos. Contract
Member: Report Warehouse database development team.
- Conducted requirements gathering and business process analysis.
- Designed database's architecture, built indexes, tables and views.
- Wrote complex stored procedures and queries and built SSIS packages for monthly updates.
- Created new reports and re-creating existing Crystal Reports using stored procedures and SSRS.
- Conducted data analysis to match loans and ensure data integrity.
- Provided data extraction support for internal customers.
ASP.Net/SQL Server DB\\Developer 05/2006 - 10/08
Responsible for developing new modules and updating and maintaining existing pages and modules of Darling Homes web based Customer Relations application.
- Backend is SQL Server 2005. Wrote joins, complex stored procedures, queries, views, and triggers as well as created tables. Used SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to create and maintain custom SSIS packages for DB maintenance, batch updates (from flat files and DB2 database based on an AS/400 server.)
- Played critical role in the migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2005 by redeveloping DTS packages as SSIS packages.
- Troubleshot, maintained and tuned tables, views, stored procedures.
- Report development in Microsoft Report Server and Visual Studio 2005 environments.
- Met with end users to gather requirements and determine feasibility and practicality of requests.
- Provided detailed business analysis support in tandem with the Darling Homes IT Project Manager.
Visual Basic Programmer/SQL DBA 03/2002 - 5/2006
Clients were Insurance Agents, Attorneys, CPA's and Financial Consultants with very little technical background. Met with end users to gather requirements. Translated their needs into functioning applications.
- Developed and maintained client/server applications using TSQL (Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, and full text indexing), ADO, Visual Basic 6, ActiveX Components and calls to the Windows API.
- Developed seven applications for New York Life including:
- Upgraded main nautilus database from a VB/Access application to VB/SQL Server application. Analyzed and translated non documented VB 6/DAO code into VB 6/ADO 2.6.
- Upgraded all applications to VB.net 2005 including an agent directory with email capabilities and a staff activity calendar with printable pages and musical birthday tribute.
- Provided Access 2000 database and project development.
- MS Office Automation using VBA, ADO, Word and Excel.
- Tested SQL Server 2005 for upgrade. Worked with VB 2005 Express for an upgrade from VB 6 applications to VB 2005.
- Responsible for Administrating SQL Server 2000 with five large databases. Set jobs for backup, optimization, data transfer and data compression.
- Performed a full system restoration after manager accidentally deleted log file.
- Served as Deputy Security Liaison. Covered security issues that arose when Senior Security Liaison is not available.
- Created an e-based Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files for agents.
3 month contract extended to 6 months 01/2002 - 07/2002
Provided on site Access '97 Development for client.
This database application converted AutoCad generated files into raw data for the client's facilities department for space planning purposes.
- Used DAO 3.6 and VBA to develop the different transactions in the applications.
- Transactions included:
- Data Entry procedures
- Validating Data
- Transferring Data back to AutoCad
- Securing the database and limiting data input to
- Automating the transfer of data between AutoCad and the application.
- Developed Access reports for the Space Planners and internal customers.
- Worked in a Windows 2000 server environment with IIS.
- Retooled the Facilities Intranet Site including: Developed ASP powered interactive web based solution for Facilities internal customers' access on departmental Intranet site.
MS SQL/ASP Web Application Developer Consultant
2 Month Contract 07/2001 - 9/2001
Provided on site development and database support for client.
- Built MS SQL database for backend to both capture and catalogue user information and provided user access account data.
Created on line reporting using Crystal Reports 7.0.
- Successfully deployed application in 4 weeks.
- Provided support and report creation for networked MS Access 2000 database.
Access Database Consultant 06/2001 - 7/2001
- Provided on site client database and reporting support.
Worked on Access 97 database.
Access 2000 Development Consultant 03/2001 - 6/2001
Work on site at DFW Airport Development Center, reporting directly to the Airport Development Controller.
- Worked on three VB/Access 2000 Databases from the ground up using Access with extensive VBA and SQL coding. Built user interface and linked to database using Visual Basic 6.0, DAO 3.6 and SQL.
- Wrote on-line procedures and published in HTML Format.
Web Programmer 07/2000 - 4/2001
- Developed client/server Training Database application using Visual Basic front end, tied to SQL Server 2000 backend by ADO 2.6, SQL and TSQL Stored Procedures with parameters.
- Developed and implemented interactive PALM based data gathering applications for customer using MS Access, Pendragon Forms and Visual Basic.
- Developed from the ground up, and deployed, both of PRIZM's two web sites originally for UNIX environment, then converted them to Windows 2000 environment using ASP, VBScript, Flash and Adobe Photoshop.
- Wrote, proofed and edited copy for web sites, marketing packages.
- Developed time lines using Ms Visio for project management.
Proprietor and Web Developer 05/ 1999 - 07/2000
- Met with client to determine their development needs and submitted bids.
- Developed a web application connected to a SQL Server 2000 Database using ASP and Stored Procedures.
Fujitsu/ICL Retail System 04/1987 - 01/2000
Various positions within the company, including:
Logistics Material Planner/Purchaser
- Over saw day to day warehouse operations. Responsible for successfully moving Logistics Warehouse twice in two years.
Warehouse Distribution Lead
- Oversaw Inventory control program and day to day operations within the warehouse.
Available upon request.