SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A versatile and highly motivated IT professional who has utilized his skills to identify business needs, evaluate solutions, and accomplish defined goals through the development and deployment of IT solutions. Experienced in application development, project and resource management, and strategic planning. An assertive manager with outstanding interpersonal, communications, negotiation, and people management skills. Adept at trouble shooting, problem solving, and supporting company ideologies.
Areas of Expertise
- Application Development
- Strategic Planning
- Budget Development and Management
- Cost Reduction
- Project Management
- Business Continuity Planning and Management
- Business Intelligence
- Process and Procedure Development
- Vendor Sourcing and Management
- Team Building and Leadership
Confidential, Union, NJ. (1994 - 2012)
Vice President - Information Technology (1999 - 2012)
- Promoted to Vice President - Information Technology in 1999.
- Successfully directed and managed two teams of technology professionals: Help Desk Services and Technical Services. Effective executive and manager with solid leadership, strong decision making and team building skills, challenging others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Pioneered the implementation of a cloud computing CRM solution (Salesforce) which supported 15 sales professionals to improve lead management and increase sales and profitability.
- Initiated, presented, and implemented a disaster recovery and business continuity solution which was utilized after Hurricane Irene.
- Established a thin client environment utilizing MS Terminal Services to reduce PC cost.
- Researched and implemented a companywide Emergency Notification System.
- Initiated, launched, and implemented an Avaya VOIP Telephone System.
- Researched, presented, and implemented an online employee Time and Attendance solution.
- Maintained and upgraded a fully integrated distribution ERP system by InFor Global Solutions.
- Reported return on investment (ROI) analysis and projections.
- Created and established KPI's for executives to monitor company performance.
- Analyzed, researched, and recommended improvements to current systems and infrastructure.
- Authorized purchase, installation, and implementation of multiple IBM Unix and Windows Servers.
- Negotiated lease agreements for new copiers.
- Provided leadership and direction during company acquisitions.
- Successfully headed the Y2K remediation program.
- Member of strategic planning executive committee that established and maintained company operating standards, procedures, and policies.
- Organized, staffed, hired, and directed the IT technical support teams.
- Coached company softball team.
Director - Information Technology (1994 - 1999)
Responsibilities included supporting and maintaining all production systems and managing a team of four support people.
- Authorized and directed the migration from a DEC system to an IBM RS6000, ensuring all systems worked appropriately.
- Established and maintained a fully integrated distribution ERP system by InFor Global Solutions.
- Established and maintained vendor relationships across different types of service providers, developed IT budgets, and ensured company assets were maintained responsibly.
- Technical project manager for numerous successful projects, upgrades, and other business initiatives.
- Explored and Implemented daily offsite backup procedures.
- Developed and implemented IT policies.
- Restructured the IT department and recruited IT staff.
Confidential, Union, NJ. (1993 - 1994)
Responsibilities included overseeing an IT department, which included network management, software development, and network security. Researched software and new technologies which made job processes more efficient and were beneficial to the end-user. Planned and managed large IT projects with team members who consisted of outside vendors and employees from different departments within the organization. Managed a team of four support people.
Confidential, Clifton, NJ. Closed (1989 - 1993)
Responsibilities included defining a customer's business software requirements and design needs, as well as coding, testing, debugging, and supporting software. Partnered with teams to design new products, from initial plans through execution. Developed product specifications, diagrams, architecture, performance expectations and project schedules to provide status reports and be adaptable in adjusting timelines accordingly. As the team leader, personnel were assigned to different aspects of a project. Supervised progress and oversaw adherence to schedules and specifications. Managed an IT team of four support people.
Confidential, North Brunswick, NJ. (1984 - 1988)
Director of MIS
Responsibilities included implementing and maintaining information technologies to meet demanding business requirements. Established and maintained vendor relationships, developed MIS budgets, and created performance analytics to track company performance. Technical project manager for major software and infrastructure upgrades. Managed a team of six support people.
Technology (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access), Unix and Windows, P & L management, accounting & finance, business intelligence, team leader, builder, and mentor, highly motivated.
Minor: Business Management
Diploma, Computer Science