Senior Software Developer with extensive experience in the field of Data Processing, Software Development and Quality Assurance Testing, plus 5 years of experience in the field of Electrical Engineering. Excellent developer possessing in-depth knowledge of UNIX, Relational Database (Oracle), Client-server, C, C++, Magic PC and PL/SQL. Expertise includes:
- Database Administration
- System Design & Analysis
- Database Design
- System Programming
- System Installation
- Technical Support
- Software Installation
- Quality Assurance Testing
Recognized for excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and the ability to develop rapport with both internal and external customers. Conscientious, proficient, and detail oriented with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Software: PL/SQL, Solaris, Magic PC, HP Basic, Oracle, Btrieve, Applix, QuickBasic, Transac SQL, Korn Shell scripts, C, C++, CRM-Vantive and People Tools
Operating Systems: Windows NT/XP, Sun SPARC Server, PC Workstation, DOS, Unix/Solaris, Novell
Applications: Client/Server, Database Administration, Decision Support Engineering, Object Oriented Programming, Design/Programming, Life Insurance, Telecommunications
Confidential, Northbrook, IL 2006 - 2009
Software Developer - Consultant
Supported and enhanced the Life/Annuity and Agency Administration system within the Allstate Financial Technology group. Software development mainly done using Magic, C++ programming and stored procedure, PL/SQL, UDP calls, PERL scripts.
- Involved in the various aspect of a software development cycle from requirements gathering, functional definitions, to designing, developing, and testing this multi-phase project to conform to Federal and State withholding laws and updates.
- Worked with business analysts to enhance this Split Payment Allocation functionality of the system to allow one beneficiary to take distribution out of multi beneficiary program.
- Enhanced the Eligible Roll-over Distribution (ERD) functionality with updated withholding rules to stay in compliance with State rules and regulations.
- Coded the trigger to generate Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) letters when the clients meet RMD requirements. Worked in parallel with a document developer to ensure business needs are met.
- Member of the Design Review Board, reviewing and approving technical designs. Performed code inspections to ensure solid code, following coding standards before approving codes to be moved to Test environment.
Confidential, Bethlehem, PA 2001 - 2006
Consultant / Software Developer / Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Supported the Life/Annuity and Agency Administration system, called Transcend, including online and batch processing, for all policy and product administrations and transactions on a single client/server platform, using Oracle PL/SQL, Magic PC, C, UDP calls, and XML interface.
- Provided Quality Assurance (QA) Testing, Production Support, and User Support of the Transcend system, utilizing bench mark testing and improved (shortened) processing time. Fixed run-time errors and assisted nightly jobs, reducing downtime of production cycle.
- Modified and developed stored procedures and scripts to assist in production batch cycle (monitoring and error/disaster recovering).
- Led the data conversion and clocking effort, Legacy migrator, to bring blocks of business from mainframe system onto the Transcend system and Oracle database.
- Enhanced the accounting and commission functionalities in batch processes to increase performance and functionalities.
- Completed significant Performance Enhancement for several interfaces and batch processes both from the programming perspective and database angle.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL 1993 - 2001
(Formerly Trimark Technologies)
Senior Consultant / Project Lead
Responsible for database administration, including setting up and installing Oracle databases for the company and customers, internal resource for Oracle questions. Mentored new employees and team members.
- Developed and supported a new system to allow life insurers to conduct all policy and product administration and transactions. Customers included many major insurers.
- Designed, developed and supported a Voice Response Unit (VRU) to ensure customers can conduct account balance checking and/or transfer funds, re-allocation of future investments by phone. Created and stored customer entered transactions for batch processing.
- Led the migrating effort of the Transcend application from a DOS based to a client/server based platform for all customers.
- Supported and enhanced the in-house Billing system and ACH (Automated Clearing House), interfacing billing system with the Automated Clearing House by sending daily flat files with header, detail and trailer records.
- Managed all aspects of the PRU compensation project and successfully drove project from conception to production, including the project management role, requirements definition, and interfacing with the client.
- Designed, developed and supported a Remote Policy Entry (RPE) system for interfacing with Dean Witter Annuity products.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL. 1988 - 1993
- Developed software in Assembler and C to support development of transceiver hardware for a data radio. Used the transceiver and software to test range limits and interface susceptibility in the ISM bands at 900 MHz and 2400 MHz.
- Involved in the development of a demonstration system of FDMA channel splitting for Domestic Digital Cellular. Effort was spent primarily at audio frequencies. Made bench comparison tests comparing standard and split-channel cellular systems. Designed baseband analog filters.
- Supported work toward a subscriber unit breadboard transmitter for TDMA cellular, including construction and testing of a 90 MHz IQ modulator and designing, building and testing matching circuits at 800 MHz.
- Supported work toward a delay spread measurement system, including HPIB programming using QuickBasic on a PC-compatible.
B.S., Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
People Tools I, CRM - Vantive