Experienced Project Design Engineer with extensive background in design and engineering for manufacturing in consumer product environments. Experience has led to knowledge of designing with sheet metal, castings, plastics injection/compression molding, extrusions and wood. Responsibilities have included designing sheet metal audio/video systems and cabinets for home and commercial use and custom projects with a variety of materials for high volume customers, implementing cost reduction measures in materials and equipment, following projects from concept through production, and working with customers/vendors to complete design and manufacturing releases on time.
Product Development Management Product and Quality Training Project Lifecycle Management
Sheet Metal Design Plastics Design Compliance to UL Standards
Experienced in the following modeling software: Solidworks, Pro-E, Inventor, AutoCAD, CadKey.
Programming software: MetalSoft/FabriWin, MultipunchII
Multiple ERP/MRP systems used, along with Microsoft Office programs MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Confidential, Chicago, IL 2007-2010
- Created and converted in-house product designs from hand drawings and sample parts using Solidworks by working closely with staff regarding sheet metal products, components and plastics.
- Introduced universal mounting system, that reduced costly modifications by 40%.
- Coordinated outside design work to bring product from conception to market by sourcing design firms.
- Implemented quality control standards for critical incoming parts.
- Established technical support for customers and outside sales representatives related to products.
- Programmed FabriWin and MultipunchII software for flat layouts of sheet metal parts new and existing.
Confidential, Lombard, IL 2006-2007
- Determined product outlines and objectives in conjunction with the marketing group.
- Provided the mechanical packaging for the products in conjunction with printed circuit board design and electrical engineering groups.
- Designed enclosures and structural components utilizing molded, extruded, and thermoformed plastic and metal technologies as well as formed sheet metal.
- Developed Bills of Materials, Inspection Specifications, and Component Specifications. Assisted purchasing in vendor qualification.
- Responsible for construction and testing of engineering and production prototypes.
Confidential, Chicago, IL 2004-2006
- Designed and produced sheet metal furniture for the military and universities with custom changes.
- Converted AutoCAD drawings and designs into Solidworks parts and assemblies.
- Determined product improvements that reduced cost along with manufacturing time by 30%
- Responsible for maintaining the 3D engineering database and updating design programs.
Confidential, Melrose Park, IL 2001-2004
Design Engineer 2001-2002
Project Engineer 2002-2004
- Developed audio & video support systems composed of sheet metal, plastics and wood for commercial and home using Solidworks.
- Successfully managed large projects such as stadiums and new high volume POP customers.
- Effectively worked with customers, venders, sales and product managers directly to complete design and manufacturing release on time with customer driven time frames.
- Implemented cost reduction approaches in materials, layouts and equipment used.
- Helped manufacturing with CNC programming of turret and laser.
- Conducted testing under UL standards and completed all required documentation.
- Patents: D480,100 Plasma Table Top Stand. D504,305 Universal Mounting System
Confidential, Itasca, IL 1999-2001
- Designed and coordinated climatic enclosures for cellular housing sites a crossed multiple disciplines. Pro-E, Inventor and AutoCad.
- Worked closely with customers, vendors, manufacturing and purchasing to complete projects on time and within customers expectations.
- Produced a new line of rack-in-stack components and seismic racks for telecommunications equipment.
- Generated BOM's and work instructions for transmission equipment.
- Created sales catalog for transmission equipment components.
Confidential, IL 1997-1999
- Designed new parts and converted AutoCad drawings into 3D using Pro-E.
- Coordinated with molding and finishing departments, customer service agents and customers to complete orders.
- Trained office personal and production staff on engineering queries and developed a mechanical drawing class.
- Assisted with set-up of a MRP system and Pro-E Data Base with 12,000 parts and 2,000 inserts.
Confidential, Willowbrook, IL 1996-1997
Confidential, Drafting for production of single-family homes and town homes. AutoCAD 14
Confidential, Production drawings customized standards and added options. AutoCAD 13.
Confidential, Fire Protection Draftsman (NICET level 1) AutoCAD 13
Associates Science Degree in Manufacturing Technology Drafting and Design. College of Dupage.
Bachelor Degree Aviation Management.
Associates Science Degree in Aviation Science.
United States Army, Specialist (E-4) M1A1 Tank crewmember, Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Bronze Star with Valor for combat actions.