- Strong knowledge in Requirements Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of software development life cycle. Strong knowledge in application development using SDLC, OOD & OOP.
- Strong experience in defining various best practices and common framework for data access, configuration, logging & exception handling, change and incident management processes, security standards (OWASP, SANS 25).
- Successfully lead a number of critical projects which was spread across different geographical locations. Worked in a constantly changing business environment to support the client's requests, while continuing to develop, analyze and report IT resource requirements and manage team resources and task allocations.
- With a Masters in Computer Application & Mangement plus an Engineering degree, I bring in the ability to analyze situation, so as to complete projects under tough dead lines.
- Languages: .Net Framework, ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, ASP, VB, XML, ADO.Net/ADO, Web Services, WPF, WCF, LINQ, Silverlight.
- Databases: SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, Oracle 8i, 9i, Red Brick datawarehouse, DB2
- Tools: Toad, Crystal Reports, SSRS, MItem, FileNet IDM, Edify VRU, Business Objects Enterprise.
- Concepts: OOAD with UML, ISAD, Active Directory/LDAP authentication.
- Source Control: Miscosoft Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Server, Harvest
Education and Proffesional qualification
- Masters in computer application & management
- Bachelor in Engineering & Technology
- Microsoft trained on WPF, Expression Blend, Silverlight. Infosys Retail Domain, Warehouse management module, senior .Net programmer, OOAD certified.
Company: Confidential, Duration Feb 2008 to Till Date
Lead & Senior .Net Developer for a number of projects in rail transportation, production reporting and SOX compliance applications.
- Managed a team of four developers, working on multiple projects and areas. Provided technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration.
- Lead the requirement, design and development phase of the application including sprint planning and product backlog prioritization. Performed code reviews and mentored junior developers.
- Lead & architected the core web application which is used for tracking rail inventory and integrates with some of the exisiting applications to provide other useful information like billing, COA, demurrage. Used .Net 3.5, ASP.NET MVC 2, Asp.net 2.0, C#, LINQ, Ajax ToolKit, Infragistics components, Crystal Reports, SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Lead production reporting applications, SOX compliance applications involving support, enhancements and development of applications using .Net 1.1/4.0, ASP.NET 1.1/4.0, MVC3, C#/VB.NET, TFS, Crystal Reports and SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Created common framework for data access, configuration, logging and event management to be used within the application and similar projects within the team.
- Lead the development of a WPF based rich drag-drop application to manage rail inventory within facilities. Used .Net 3.5, MVVM, WPF, XAML, C#, Click one deployment, pop up controls, SQL 2005/2008.
- Lead and provided valuable inputs to business to develop usage reports helpful for reducing demurrage cost and billing associated with various divisions. Developed the 24*7 windows service in C# which has a built in scheduler to manage various report requests. Integrated with reports hosted on the enterprise Business Objects server.
- Did a proof of concept for converting all the reports to SSRS from crystal reports.
- Designed the architecture of the new application in Silverlight 4/5, MVVM, WCF RIA services & Entity framework.
- Lead the migration strategy of projects from 1.1 framework to 3.5/4.0 .Net framework
- Lead and actively involved in SQL migration from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 & SQL 2008.
- Integration of production reporting area to data warehouse. Integrated with sharepoint for automatic upload of reports with versioning. Involved in development of Windows CE mobile application for rail car tracking.
- Lead common web standards committee. Core part of the committee developing security standards for ADM.
- Recognized system deficiencies and implemented effective solutions to add value to the business.
- Conducted performance evaluation and worked on the development plan of developers.
Client: Confidential, Duration: Sep 2006 to Feb 2008
Lead Programmer Analyst for multiple business solutions for a global audience in Kraft. Projects were in the field of shared services handling critical financial transaction processing and related services:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managed a team of eight software engineers, working on multiple projects for the same client.
- Acted as a Liaison between stakeholders, end users, SME's, development team and the QA team.
- Performed code reviews and mentored junior developers. Project planning, tracking and status reporting to client and senior management.
- Lead the development, support and enhancements of applications developed in Microsoft .Net, C# having back end as Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Lead the development of web based employee master application developed in ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET and SQL server.
- Lead the knowledge sharing intiative within the team. Kept track of lessons learned and shared with team members.
- Used infragistics data grid control, Sheridian active threed, data widget activex control
- Extensive use of stored procedure, views and query tuning. Exposure to packages like FileNET, MItem and Edify VRU.
- Received the "Most Valuable Player" award in recognition for excellence in customer management and issue handling.
- Participated in requirements to create UML use cases, Visio Flows and High level Design documents. Clarified business requirements for the development team during design and development.
- Created System Appreciation documents and Support Manuals as reusable artifacts
- Used Rational Clear Quest to manage change request and Service Center to handle the incident management process.
- Used internally developed tools for defect tracking and perform root cause analysis to identify trends and hence reduce defects during development and support life cycle of a project.
Client: Confidential, Duration: Sep 2002 to Aug 2006
Lead Programmer Analyst for a number of projects under the supply chain initiatives for Publix. A lot of custom developed web applications were built around Manugistics package managing the supply chain management. I have worked in different phases in the development of some of these applications including complete lifecycle implementation of the projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managed a team of four software engineers, working on multiple projects for the same client.
- Gathered and Documented Requirements, created design specification for a web applications using System Architect tool
- Used Service Oriented Architecture using .Net Web services and developed a number of web services. Developed ASP.NET Web Forms for the Modules using N-Tier Architecture.
- Extensively used Datagrid controls implemented paging/sorting/edits techniques
- Customized Configuration, Exception and Logging Microsoft application blocks.
- Lead session management for the complete suite of projects. Lead the requirement changes, deployment for the project.
- Developed the database wrapper layer to interface with DB2. Used metabuilder control in datagrid.
Company: Confidential, Duration June 2002 to Sep 2002
Worked as a Developer and Analyst with Digital defense services in development of an Online Security Portal.
Responsibilities: Research and document information from RFC's and various security concepts. Analyzed and created Detail Design documents to implement a security solution. Upon approvals of Design from Lead, developed and tested the solution.
Company: Confidential, Duration: Jan 2002 to June 2002
Company: Confidential, Duration: May 1997 to Jan 1999
Worked as technical support executive handling client interfacing and support to customers.