- Experienced in testing web based software applications in Agile environment
- Good understanding of software development and software testing life cycles
- Formal training in manual black box testing, test automation and information technology
- Academic knowledge of software testing tools and techniques
- Experience writing test documentation such as test suites, test cases, test matrices, check lists
- Experience of using test automation tools
- Enjoy learning new tools and technologies
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Fantastic at discovering software defects and reproducing them
- Familiar with Section 508 Compliance
- US Citizen
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS 6
Mobile Platforms: Windows Mobile, iPhone OS, Android OS
Test Automation: Selenium, QTP, LoadRunner
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP(S), Internet, Intranet
Virtualization: VMWare Server
Bug Tracking: Elementool, JIRA
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Certificate in Software QA
- Fundamentals of Computer Technology
- Test Automation with Selenium
- Test Automation with QTP and LoadRunner
- Mobile Application Testing
- Testing of Web Application
- SQA Programming with UNIX
BS in Civil Engineering
2011 - Present Software QA Consultant @ Confidential, Belmont, CA
- Testing multiple web based Aplia (Cengage Learning) products (eBooks for colleges and universities).
- Responsible for detailed browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) and platform compatibility testing of the applications in Virtual Desktop environment.
- Creating and managing tasks and reporting bugs using JIRA bug-tracking system.
- Performing functional, regression, accessibility, and smoke testing of the applications.
- Attending meetings with developers, managers, leads and other QA department members to discuss test plans, requirements, features, functionalities and schedules of company products under the test.
- Providing progressive test status report to the Sr. QA Manager and team Lead.
- Utilizing Tail for Win32formonitoring response from company servers and locating exceptions in applications.
2011 Software QA Consultant @ Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Tested web application (development and live stages).
- Performed usability and functional testing of:
- user account creation for collection of gift money,
- invitation of friends to events (including Facebook® friends),
- planning of travel including air and hotel reservation (via Expidia® and TravelNow.com®),
- fund collection for charities or for personal travel from groups of users and/or friends,
- gifting of money to others via private money account or PayPal® account,
- posting on personal page or friends' pages on myTab® and Facebook®.
- Performed regression, acceptance and GUI testing.
- Provided browser and operating system compatibility testing.
- Reported software defects using Elementool® bug-tracking system.
- Tracked problem reports and monitored their status until fitting resolution.
- Participated in daily defect review meetings with remote development team.
2009 - 2010 SQA Tester @ Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Tested multiple web sites designed for insurance brokerage offering Life, Personal (auto, home, umbrella), and Commercial Lines (General Liability, Workers Compensation) of insurance.
- Responsible for testing both customer and insurance broker (producer) interfaces.
- Studied the business requirements and assisted the team in clarifying contradictory requirements.
- Emphasized testing of the WEB-based quotation forms for 14 lines of insurance. Tested all the forms for functionality, performance, usability, boundary conditions, valid/invalid input, data retention, etc.
- Created, maintained, and executed test cases for the project utilizing specifications, requirements, and other available documentation.
- Validated data entered into the backend database from on-line forms.
- Cross-browser (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari) and cross-platform (Window XP, MAC) testing.
- Reported software bugs into Mantis. Followed up with reported problems until resolution.
- Worked closely with offshore development team and California-based QA team.
- Executed structured and ad hoc tests against new weekly releases.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST