To expand and enrich my software development and management skills in a dynamic, goal driven team environment.Professional Experience
Confidential, Reston, VA
September 19, 2011 - Present
Associate Software Engineer
Confidential, Application Support Analyst
October 17, 2011 - Present
- Responsible for investigating batch and automated file transfer failures
- Responsible for investigating issues with the online application, application configuration issues such as printers, workstation, or scales as reported by the users of the application or on-site support
- Responsible for creating database scripts to correct data issues
- Responsible for creating and executing test scripts for Product, System, and/or Regression Tests for enhancements to the application
- Responsible for creating Change Requests and in the USPS'sRemedy system for other postal groups to execute/implement changes to the application
- Responsible for creating service requests for the USPS's POB team to put batches on/off holds
September 22, 2011 - October 14, 2011
- Attended a 4-week Object Oriented Java Training Class
- Topics covered: interfaces, abstraction, multi-threading, user interfacing using the swing toolkit, exception handling, networking, concurrency, generics, JCBD, etc.
- Responsible for learning all material presented and pass tests on these subjects
- Expected to be able to write programs using the material presented
- Worked in a team of four to finish assignments by a certain time and help other teams if they were struggling
- Took eight knowledge tests and a final exam. Finished the class with a 90.37%
Confidential, Fredericksburg, VA
June 1, 2009 - August 23, 2010
Information Technology Intern
- Loaded new computers with standard image using Symantec Ghost software. Any new system we got in would need our standard image loaded onto it before it could be issued to the employee.
- Installed virus software and cleaned computers. Found the viruses and cleaned them up. Backed up files, reimage computers, and replaceddamaged files as required.
- Responsible for first tier desk help. This included installing new software, monitor problems, viruses, replacing broken or malfunctioning keyboards, faulty mice, detecting and deleting infected or unusable files, and contactingthe computer manufacturer directly to help resolve system problems when necessary.
- Responsible for the setup of new employee systems. Set up new employee account's (username and password), laptops, laptop docks, monitors, keyboards and mice. Also install software as required.
- Responsible for rolling out Windows 2010 on all employee systems
Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology: Database Technology and Programming
Java Based Classes:
- Programming Fundamentals: Introduction to Java
- Program Design and Data Structures: Object-Oriented Java
- Event-Driven Programming: Java
- Database Fundamentals: Introduction to MySQL
- Database Management: Oracle
- Advanced Database Management: backup/recovery and network administration
Other Programming Classes
- Applied IT Programming: Introduction to PHP
- Mobile Development: iPhone Application Development - Objective C
Information Security Fundamentals
Computer Hardware Fundamentals
Multimedia and Computer Graphics
IT in the Global Economy
IT Resource Planning: Project Management
Senior Design Project:
- Programmed many Java applications through my three Java based classes. Built a menu application as well as a temperature converter. Created several game applications such as a concentration/memory game, tic-tac-toe, and a mini-yahtzee game. Learned polymorphism, inheritance, recursion, and exception handling.
- Designed and implemented functioning MySQL database of my fraternity which held all member's first and last names, phone number, address, age, and major. Held positions with a description and who was the current sitting member. As well as pledge classes, the size of each pledge class and all members apart of the pledge class.
- Complete website design and implementation using HTML and PHP. Mock business website with the capability to set up new and login into different customer accounts and had an administrator account which was able to add, delete, and edit items which were stored in database using PHP.
- Senior Design Project: worked with Meridian Pint, a restaurant located in D.C., to solve their scheduling problem. As a group we quantified their problem and solved it with a working solution to save them time and money. Researched several different options, presented them to the manager and from them, he chose the best solution for the restaurant. Implemented our solution, which was web based application called Hot Schedules, and recorded how much money was being saved.
Confidential, New Member Educator, Fundraiser Chairman, Alumni Outreach Coordinator
- Serving in various leadership positions, I gained experience in individual and small group leadership, instruction and professional communication skills.
Confidential, Soccer, Flag Football, Basketball
August 2007 - Presen