More than 7 years of Access/VBA/Excel/C development experience in the areas of quantitative finance and financial markets, retail market.
- Over 7 years Microsoft Access experience including application architecture design, table design, and writing queries/stored procedure, forms, and VBA code.
- Over 5 years of extensive massaging & analyzing data using MS Excel, Pivot Tables & Charts and VBA.
- Excellent working experience with Databases like Access, MS SQL Server, Sybase, SQL, Stored Procedures, Import and Exports, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extensive experience in developing tools using Access, VBA, Excel environment.
- Excellent knowledge of differences between Office 2003/2007/2010 binary and OOXML format.
- Worked with access work groups as user level security and created custom XML toolbar.
- Well versed with C/C++ programming.
- Good understanding of retail market and demand forecasting.
- Worked on fixed income derivative portfolio solution with various portfolio performance and risk measures using Excel, Access, SQL Server; Greeks, Black Scholes.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills, worked with people across the globe including APAC, C&LA and EMEA regions on day-to-day basis.
- Strong organizational, presentation and negotiation skills; highly motivated, team player, quick learner.
Excel, Access, VBA, SQL Server (Macros, Forms, ADO, XML APIs, File Operations, ActiveX, Menus)
Crystal Reports, Access Reports, Excel Reports
Sybase (SQL, Stored Procedures, BCP)
PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project
Windows, Unix, Shell Scripting
Bloomberg professional and APIs for Excel/VBA
- BS in Computer Science
- MS in Finance and Risk Engineering
Confidential, Georgetown, KY Mar 2012 to Present
Excel Access VBA Developer/Remediation Contractor
- Designing project plan for deployment of Office 2010 for Accounting and Finance Department.
- Remediating all issues arising due to MS Office 2010 upgrade by ticket resolution methodology for all departments as part for MS Office 2010 remediation team.
- Modifying existing applications for many non-supported functionalities in Office 2010, including support for MSCAL, Snapshot viewer, side by side installation etc.
- Scanning and Inventory management of all MS Office document for compatibility issues.
- Management and remediation of all compatibility issues based of native tools scan results and Converter Technology\'s proprietary auto-remediation suite.
- Monitoring Service Configuration and Client Management for deployment of Office 2010 primarily for Accounting and Finance Department and other concerned department, including but not limited to Quality Control, Production Control, Paint and Body-weld department.
- Engaging customer in training for familiarizing them with the new ribbon menu for Office 2010, specifically use of the new and existing financial features in the Data-Analysis toolpak and XML based databasemanagement system.
- Involved in cleanup activity in post deployment phase of Office 2010.
Environment: Access, VBA, Excel, Visio, Office Converter, and SQL Server.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ Feb’ 09 to Feb’ 12
Financial Analyst/MS-Access, VBA Developer & Contracts Administrator
- Extensively involved in UAT of iStars system for contract entry.
- Exclusively involved in Training and aiding RAMs and ADMs for template generation and contract entry process for all bilateral contracts.
- Working with Billing & Settlements team to develop various cross department protocols and new data forms as GSPM representative for the new iStars system.
- Provided monthly report to department, for sales of International Global Wholesale as a metric with respect to global competitors’ market share on volume and revenue basis.
- Requirement analysis from the user group for understanding workflow of the existing manual CMP automation.
- Developed HLD (Stakeholder identification, Diagrams, Flow Charts) and LLD to the development team and acquainting the team with the process flow.
- Developed complex reports to compare crude usage data from various carriers to provide cost analysis. Developed excel macros and access stored procedures to connect usage data to access queries for route determination.
- Forecasting rate trends by analyzing market rates and shift of minute volumes on regional (Asia Pacific, EMEA, C&LA) level and country level.
- Developed Word forms using VBA to conduct various surveys in order to optimize monthly report based on team usage.
- Wrote various Excel VBA scripts and access queries to massage raw data from carriers across the globe to standardize the data input format and used pivot tables/charts extensively for presenting various trend analysis to the department.
- Solely responsible for administering global telecom contracts from all regions for SOX compliance.
- Everyday dealing with Account Managers across all regions (APAC, C&LA, EMEA) and senior management concerning smooth execution of bilateral contracts by way of negotiating with either side. Direct dealing with carriers on escalated cases on behalf of senior management.
- Coordinated between multiple departments (Pricing, Billing & Settlement, Finance, and Legal) in order to optimize contract approval workflow. Improved the monthly average time for contract approval from 13 days to 6 days.
- Exclusively gathered requirements and worked with the development team to provide requirements to merge the finance approval tool and carrier contract approval tool in order to reduce the steps involved for approval, and reduce wait time for Billing & Settlement.
Environment: Access, VBA, Excel (techniques/models), Visio.
Confidential, Columbus, OH Aug 08 to Jan 09
Semi Annual Sales Distressed Product Offer Tracking
- Requirement analysis from the user group and discussion over the metrics needed for analysis throughout the developments of the project.
- Developed queries/tables for sales/inventory/in-transit commodities/distribution center data to understand the accuracy of offer on the product.
- Developed stored procedures for sales forecasting based on current sales and sale-index and predicting end-of-sale inventory.
- Developed excel template for exporting report data with formatting for daily leadership meeting.
- Generating code for automation of report/exporting data to excel and deployment.
- Regression testing and design change to accommodate data load on server by breaking data chunks in parts.
- Customized report for generating data for particular SubBrand used by SubBrand owners.
- Conducted training sessions for user-group for report.
Environment: VBA, Excel (Templates), SQL Server, SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Requirement analysis from the user group for discussing report structure and understanding metrics calculation.
- Designed Tables and Relationship for application in MS Access. Generated link specification for linking sales/inventory data downloaded from microstrategy (MSI).
- Developing queries for sales and inventory metrics and coordinating with the testing team for tallying the test results.
- Generating code/form for automation of data import/selection of appropriate store/enabling outlier store exclusion/report generation.
- Extending project to pick up products from form/fragrance level for more accurate analysis.
- Stress Testing and Design modification for efficiency and reduction of report execution time.
- Created User Manual, Technical Documentation and trained Users with the application.
Environment: Access, VBA, Excel, MSI.
Confidential, NJ Feb’ 08 to Jul’ 08
- Working on development of XML mapping tool to export various derivatives trades into XML format.
- Developed forms in Access to capture manual trade data for counter party, interest rate and security update including; Access (Forms, Reports, Queries, VBA); Excel (VBA, Macros).
- Developed several VBA programs to export and import data to and from external systems like OpHedge etc.
- Developed various Stored Procedures to retrieve securities master data.
- Developed VBA scripts for periodic P&L (Daily, Weekly) reports using Excel, Access (Reports, Forms).
- Developed fixed income derivative Access DBs and Excel spreadsheets.
Environment: Access, VBA, Excel, SQL Server, SQL, Stored Procedures, XML.
Confidential Sacramento, CA Oct’ 07 to Jan’ 08
- Worked on MMRisk (risk management) and Performance Attribution modules of Money Market Desk applications.
- Functions include - Displays future cash flows of money market products; various daily sensitivities using external analytical libraries; generation of customized report-using Excel, Access reports.
- Used Bloomberg APIs to retrieve market volatility, key point duration, mapping of yield curve reshaping/shifting scenarios etc.
- Supported team members in pricing module development of fixed income products using Access, Excel and VBA.
- Developed various Excel and Word templates using VBA, Macros for various Reports and Client communication letters; packages the application using Access Forms and VBA.
- Developed Access/VBA programs to convert Excel data into XML format and fed to Web Development team.
Environment: Access, VBA, Excel, Macros, SQL Server, SQL, UNIX Scripting, XML, HTML, MS FrontPage, XMLSpy, XSLT, Windows
Confidential Jan’ 05 to Sep’ 07
VBA Developer/Software Engineer
- Worked on turnkey project for financial client.
- Worked on Excel-VBA based interface that uploads daily Reuters rates for multitude of securities to database tables
- Worked in Trade blotter that displays position with Mark-to-market values, using Excel, VBA, ADO.
- Developed Excel templates (VBA, Macros) that retrieved rates and other information of various options and futures instruments from Bloomberg using Bloomberg APIs
- Developed various Access based software tools that parsed XML requests using the MSXML toolkit and uploaded data into spreadsheets and databases. Applications were developed using other Access components like Reports, Forms, Queries, Macros
- Daily and monthly P&L report generation; Enhanced various periodic reports that were developed using Excel, Macros, VBA, Access, SQL Server
- Developed programs to update static (securities) data; load historical market data (SQL Server)
- Developed Access/VBA programs to convert various feeds/reports into HTML pages to view through browser
- Developed minor Python scripts for ad hoc programming, processing batch jobs
- Interacted with users and worked on troubleshooting issues
Environment: VBA, Excel, Macros, Access, SQL Server, HTML, XML, XMLSpy, MS FrontPage, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word