Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator, with 13+ years extensive, "hands-on", 2nd & 3rd Level experience. Self-starter, with a "do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done" approach. Self-motivated and passionate about quality and excellence. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong troubleshooting, resolution, organizational, and documentation skills. Pro-actively address issues quickly, effectively, and persuasively communicate ideas and concepts. Able to multi-task and balance several projects concurrently. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of team and independently, to meet business requirements with limited supervision.
Software / Tools / Firmware: Lotus Notes Client / Domino Servers R3.x, 4.x, 5.0.12, 6.5.5FP3, 7.0.2, Domino Designer, Microsoft SharePoint Services, TrendMicro ScanMail for Domino, TrendMicro ScanMail for Lotus Notes, Blackberry Manager 4.1.4, 4.1.6, BlackBerry 4.0 Desktop Manager, BlackBerry Servers 4.1, 4.0, and 2.2, NotesPeek, BigSky Remark Unified Messaging Assistant for Lotus Notes, Sametime, QuickPlace, TeamRoom, Domino Web Access / iNotes, FOPE: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange / Exchange Hosted Services(EHS), Sprint Admin Center, Postini, MIMEsweeper for SMTP Manager, MIMEsweeper Policy Editor, EmailXtender for Notes, Mirapoint Spam Filter, Barracuda Spam Firewall 400, SpamSentinel, Symantec Anti-Virus Filtering for Domino, Symantec Mail Security for Domino, TeamStudio CIAO!, Domino Domain Monitor (DDM), ITIM (Tivoli Identity Manager), ADT(Automated Deployment Toolkit for Lotus Notes), ID Manager 4.5 for ND6 ID Management System, ServerAdmin Plus, Active Directory, Nortel Contivity VPN Client, Cisco VPN Client, ManageEngine OpManager, Microsoft Project, Ehealth Report Generating Tool, IBM iSeries Navigator, Tivoli Desktop Administrator, Putty Terminal Client, WinSCP File Copy Program, Remote Insight Board Lights-Out Edition, HP IP Console Viewer, SecurePath, Microsoft TechNet, Citrix, Netfinity Service Manager, CMT(Binary Tree Common Migration Tool), Notes Upgrade Services Wizard, Spirian Migration Tool, Exchange Administrator 5.5, Outlook 2003, GroupWise, CC:Mail, Schedule Plus, Veritas NetBackup, Arcserve, FaxCom for Domino, RightFax, Domino.Doc, SnagIt Screen Capture Software, CA Service Desk, GWI (Help Desk Software), Peregrine Service Center, Heat, Remedy, HPOpenview Service Desk, Netman, Magic Solutions, Utopia , Applix, Meeting Center/WebEx, Netop Remote Control, NetMeeting, LanDesk, PC Anywhere, LapLink, DameWare Remote Control, Inoculan, Norton Anti-Virus, GroupShield, Microsoft Server Manager, Visio.
Operating Systems / Platforms: WIN95/98/NT/2000/2003/XP, AS/400, Unix
Employment History: Self-employed consultant since 1996 for these clients:
Confidential,Charlotte, North Carolina
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: August 2008 – January 15, 2010
(18 month assignment)
- Work a 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule, in addition to providing 24 x 7 coverage, to provide 2nd/3rd Level Notes / Domino Admin Support, servicing a Global Notes / Domino messaging, collaboration, & Blackberry environment, within an international, single domain of approximately 75 Domino servers, 17,000+ users, in a mixed R6 and R7 environment, as part of a 24 hour “Follow-the-Sun” Global team coverage.
- Use Domino Admin client to monitor servers, waiting & held message counts, run server console command tasks, troubleshoot mail routing issues, including restarting router, updating routing table, etc….
- Using Blackberry Manager 4.1.6, Add / Activate / Delete / Purge users, Assign Software Configuration, Assign IT Policy, Set Activation Password, Resend Service Books, modify PIM Sync Address Book settings, etc….
- Resolve database, address book, clubusy, replication and synchronization issues.
- Use ID Manager Requests Database ND6 & ND7, an ID Management system to troubleshoot new user registration issues, distribute Notes ID’s, Recertify Users, Name Changes, User Moves to New Certifiers, User Terminations, create Mail-in Databases, etc…
- Use CA Service Desk to view, resolve and document tickets; Review, approve, process Adminp requests; Reconcile missing mail file replicas.
- Use FOPE: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (formerly Exchange Hosted Services), mail filtering software, including anti-virus, anti-spam, quarantine, junk mail, etc….to whitelist/blacklist domains, create policy rules, release quarantined mail, etc…..
- Installed and configured Blackberry Manager 4.1.4 on Support Team Members machines.
- Modified Formula in action of form to allow users with certain ACL roles assigned, ability to view/use a hidden button.
- Work with IBM Support on escalated Notes issues, and RIM Support on escalated Blackberry issues.
- Trained new Notes Administrators.
Confidential,Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: March 2008 – August 2008
(6 month assignment)
- Provide 2nd/3rd Level Notes / Domino Admin Support, servicing a Global Notes / Domino messaging, and collaboration environment, within an international, single domain of approximately 230 Domino servers, 52,000 users, and 5000 applications, as part of a 24 hour “Follow-the-Sun” Global team coverage.
- Responsible for Daily monitoring of 43 Regional North American, South American, and some European Domino servers, for tasks such as Availability Index Checks, Performance / Resource / Disk Structure / Disk Space Checks, Mail Routing Monitoring, Replication History Checks (for critical system files, i.e., names.nsf, admin4.nsf, mobiledircat.nsf, catalog,nsf, etc...)
- Management of Notes Group, Mail-In Database, Notes Application, Mail Topology: (Creations, deletions, updates, replica creations, replication issues, ACL alignments, connection documents.)
- Daily management / monitoring, assignment and resolution of tickets in Remedy, and coordination with internal Regional colleagues & external Service providers.
- General Notes Maintenance Tasks: Repair / fixup corrupted Notes-related applications, mailboxes, databases, system files.
- Assisted in creation and implementation of a regional based Domain Catalog model, to replace incorrect standards for catalog.nsf file, due to ACL & Data inconsistencies causing replication delays & slow access.
- Assisted in Password Checking and Password Digest Clearing project.
- Regular meetings with Local/Regional Administrators on general queries/clarifications; Consultancy for Local Administrators on client Domino policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinated Cobian to Mirapoint Spam Filter Pilot Testing project.
- Antivirus for Lotus Notes configuration and management, e.g. McAfee Groupshield consultancy, including verification of virus definition file updates.
- Setup real-time server statistics performance monitor, resulting in successful troubleshooting of performance issues on French application server.
- Discovered databases on all 15 North American Servers, had not been compacted in months, & no compact program created or scheduled to run on those servers. Created Compact programs for all 15 NA servers.
- Discovered replication on names.nsf on an application server was temporarily disabled, and NAB had not replicated in since September 2007. Server was shutdown, and new names.nsf replica was created.
- Discovered corrupt log file on server. Shutdown server, renamed log.nsf, server re-start created new log.nsf.
- Updated 30+ Domino Servers on Remedy Main Data Sheet, & removed 15 obsolete servers from same.
- Deleted 2,000+ obsolete AdminP requests, awaiting admin approval for deletions of private design elements, mail files and replicas, for servers that were de-commissioned years ago.
- Analysis & modification of server notes.ini files; Analysis & troubleshooting of customized statrep.nsf database error messages on all NA servers; Analysis of server documents for 15 North American servers.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: January 2008 – March 2008
(3 month short-term backfill assignment)
- Provide 2nd & 3rd Level operational and project-related support to NBA users, I.T. Management and Staff, including NY, NJ, Domestic and International Regional offices, Team and Arena Offices and various events.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting Lotus Notes/Domino environment and ensuring Domino servers are secure, accessible and available at all times.
- Resolved issue of Ticketmaster.com mail not being able to route thru Postini, to NBA.com domain, by accessing Postini portal, and using “addallowedips” command, to add new Ticketmaster IP range.
- Fixed public key mismatches for 50+ Notes/Domino users; Autoresponder message sending multiple messages to users; Multiple person docs in Domino Directory, "Ghost" rule in users mail file by deleting mail file, replicating new one & running compact -c to get rid of the rule; Discovered & stripped notes ID from 15 person documents in Domino Directory; Fixed incorrect ACL\'s for 2200+ mail files; Created restricted groups in NAB; Created numerous mail-in databases; Discovered and deleted 223 obsolete mail files across the domain, reclaiming 27GB of disk space on mail servers; Review system logs & reports for possible issues.
- Identified and resolved complex Lotus Notes/Domino problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools, including Domino Designer.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: October 2007 – January 2008
(4 month short-term backfill assignment)
- Analyzed server, configuration, connection and program documents, messaging settings, policy documents, profile settings, & notes.ini files, for all servers, & recommended resolutions for 30+ errors, as part of process of tweaking servers for max efficiency, & to resolve low availability index issue on mail servers.
- Daily management, analysis, troubleshooting and monitoring of 450+ Lotus Notes 6.5 mail files/users, including daily monitoring of critical server tasks, analysis & problem resolution of miscellaneous and mail routing events log file views, available server disk space, statrep.nsf for errors, multiple mail.box\'s for dead mail, calendaring & scheduling issues, check to make sure log file is being written to, and not corrupt, check adminp compacted successfully, agent manager error messages, etc…
- Modified incorrect ACL settings on 350+ mail files; Register new notes users; Group modifications; User re-certifications; Modify program documents; Assist users in creating mail rules versus running personal agents on server; Create Mail-In Databases & corresponding Mail-In database documents; Discovered and deleted 25+ full text indices and associated directories on mail server reclaiming 3GB disk space on mail server.
- Using Domino Designer, created autoresponder / reply to sender, simple action agent, and added condition statement whereby agent only runs against mail messages (memo form) delivered to the mail database, versus calendar invite reponses (notice form).
- Upgraded Symantec Mail Security for Domino from 5.1 to 184.108.40.206 on Domino Servers.
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: February 2007 – September 2007
(9 month assignment)
- Daily management, analysis, troubleshooting and monitoring of 1000+ Lotus Notes 6.5 mail files/users, on 20 Domino 6.5 Hub, Application, Fax, LEI, Mail, SMTP, and also Mail Relay servers, including daily monitoring of critical server tasks, analysis & problem resolution of log files miscellaneous and mail routing events views, available disk space, statrep.nsf for errors, multiple mail.box\'s for dead mail, calendaring & scheduling issues, etc….. Register, rename, delete users, approve database deletions in Adminp; Move databases between servers; Create mail-in databases & corresponding mail-in db documents
- 24 x 7 Support via Laptop and Blackberry.
- Documented and successfully completed procedure to update Domino Servers for DST (Daylight Saving Time) issue; Updated Java Time Zone, Domino Web Access, Rooms & Resources database, and all R5 and ND6 mail files; Modified agents, forms, and batch files to successfully complete project.
- Used ITIM to synch passwords for users to allow access to Notes/Domino Resources
- Created ITIM Users, Identities, Accounts, Access, Password rules, Services Types, Services, Service Definition Files, etc….
- Created ITIM Adoption, Identity, Password, Provisioning, Recertification, and Service Selection Policies.
- Work with Notes Developers to move databases into production, using TeamStudio CIAO!; Refresh design of production databases with updated master templates.
- Survey, Document, Stabilize Symantec Anti-Virus 3.1 and 4.0 on all Domino Servers, and Upgraded all servers to Mail Security for Domino 5.1.
- Use Microsoft Sharepoint 2.0 as a repository for Lotus Notes Documentation. Created and Uploaded 15 “How to” Documents including on How to Activate Blackberry Users, How to Resolve Undelivered Blackberry Messages, How to Edit the Out of Office Profile and Out of Office Agent, Delete the notes user, Register the notes user, Assign a fax number to a notes user, MIMESweeper troubleshooting,, etc….
- Upgraded SpamSentinel from version 4.2 to version 220.127.116.11.
- Created Explicit Archive Policy, Settings, & Criteria for user in an archive prohibited environment; Modified $Policies view in users personal NAB to allow dynamic client configuration to recognize new archive settings.
- Using Domino Designer, grant database view rights for users in templates; Refresh design on corresponding production databases.
- Registered new Domino servers in Planco domain, modify various Policy documents.
- Created key ring file and CA Certificate, merged signed CA Certificate into key ring, restarted http task to correct an issue with an expired web server certificate.
- Discovered and deleted 45 obsolete mail files from various mail servers, reclaiming 12GB of space.
- Updated NAB person doc certificates for 50+ users whose public keys did not match certificates.
- Modified server notes.ini files to fix incorrect configuration settings.
- Monitor MIMESweeper on Mail Relay Server; Monitor SPAMSentinel for Domino Server and Symantec Mail Security for Domino.
- Uninstalled MailSweeper 4.3_12 and installed MimeSweeper for SMTP 5.2 on outbound mail relay server.
- Using Set Config command, changed path of temp dir on mail servers notes.ini files, to resolve issue associated with Legato EmailXtender, in preparation for Legato Upgrade Project; disabled/re-enabled mail journaling; remotely shutdown Domino Mail servers and upgraded to Legato EmailXtender 4.80.266.
Confidential,MD (Second Assignment)
Lotus Notes / Domino Administrator: June 2005 – February 2007
(21 month assignment)
- SSS (Special Sworn Status) Individual: Contract employee hired to assist the Census Bureau on work authorized by Title 13, subject to same confidentiality requirements as regular Census Bureau employees.
- Daily management, analysis, and troubleshooting of 9000+ Lotus Notes 6.5.2 mail files/users, and monthly server maintenance on 49 Domino 6.5.5 Hub, Mail, SMTP, Application, Quickplace, Sametime, VoiceMail, Archive, and Development servers, plus daily monitoring of critical server tasks, log files, disk space, replication conflicts, statrep.nsf for errors, dead mail, cluster replication, etc…
- Troubleshoot & resolve server crashes, open PMR”s with Lotus, including submitting NSD files for analysis.
- Upgraded the Bureau’s internal email antivirus system from TrendMicro ScanMail for Lotus Notes 2.6 to TrendMicro ScanMail for Domino 3.0, including TrendMicro Add-On Agent, Service packs and patches, on Hub, Mail, Archive, SMTP/MTA, and Quickplace Servers.
- Applied updated Lotus Notes 6.5.2 mail template to mail and archive mail files on 24 servers.
- Installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.0 SP1, on client machines, and synchronized Notes 6.5.2 Client with users handheld devices.
- Rebuilt Notes Archive Server using Remote Desktop Connection
- Create online scheduled server archiving for select users, troubleshoot mail archiving, including synchronizing documents and rebuilding archive profiles.
- Created a Mail-in DB for collecting diagnostic files, as a repository for Automatic Diagnostic Data Collection (ADC) Tool, corresponding MIDB document, modified server diagnostic configuration settings, and forced server crashes in the lab.
- Run/analyze Cluster Report showing primary mail files, without corresponding cluster replicas, and Replica Report showing database replica id’s that do not match.
- Secondary responsibility for BigSky Remark Messaging/Voicemail Servers and Account Requests
- Secondary responsibility for Trend Micro ScanMail software on Notes Servers.
- Secondary responsibility for Quickplace Servers, including unregistering places in Place Catalog, renaming directories, registering and unlocking new place names in Place Catalog using qptool command.
(7 month assignment)
- Resolve outstanding Notes tickets/issues for 5,000+ Notes users.
- Register, rename, recertify, & delete users, move users to new certifier & new mail servers, modify person docs, troubleshoot mail routing, database access issues, out of office agents, modify location docs, create mail-in databases, ACL / Mail / & Multi-Purpose Notes Groups; Resolve Calendaring & Scheduling issues, create Group Calendars.
- Use ServerAdmin Plus to audit Notes multi-purpose Group security and ACL lookups.
- Created private view on local copy of NAB showing sortable Format Preference for Incoming Mail and Full Name columns for each user.
- Move primary mail files on AS/400 to mail archive directory as part of user deletion process.
- Using Domino Designer, modify database form fields per user request.
- Research & document notes.ini parameters & server doc settings for approximately 20 mail, hub, application, web, fax & test servers.
- Issue Sametime licenses to new users, send URL to users to download Sametime to desktop with instructions on creating Sametime password.
- Troubleshoot Sametime Meeting connectivity issues due to WinXP SP2 upgrades on client machines.
- Administering IBM Lotus QuickPlace 3
- Administering the Lotus Domino R6 Environment: Operating Fundamentals
- Administering the Lotus Domino R6 Environment: Building the Infrastructure
- Administering the Lotus Domino R6 Environment: Managing Servers and Users
- Implementing a Domino Infrastructure (R5)
- Deploying Domino Applications (R5)
- Maintaining a Domino Server Infrastructure (R5)
- Maintaining a Domino User (R5)
- Domino System Administrator Update Course for Lotus Notes 5.0; Lotus Help Desk Support for Notes 5.0
- Lotus Notes R4.5 System Administration 1 Course
- Earned a Certified Netware Administrator Certification.