HIGHLIGHTS of QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive management experience in software development in a wide range of challenging situations.
- Successfully managed the design, implementation and delivery of large scaled software projects valued in the millions.
- Proven ability leading teams of software professionals both domestically and internationally to deliver practical, software solutions.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting all deadlines.
- Experience in building software organizations based on business needs.
- Establish and improve business process and software SDLC for efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to build and mentor software teams to achieve results.
- Genuinely passionate about and dedicated to my career in the software development industry.
Confidential,Dallas, TX 2004-present
V.P. Software Development (2009-present)
Senior Software Development Director (2004 –2009)
- Manage and direct all operations related to software development organization for this company specializing in patented video CODEC, video streaming platform, multimedia web technology and online collaboration services.
- Work closely with CTO & CMO on business planning and product strategy.
- Defined the strategic roadmap and the architecture of the video streaming platform product.
- Successfully delivered a SAAS based collaboration service from inception to deployment.
- Led and guided the evolution of the video streaming platform.
- Oversee the entire software development and product life cycle.
- Engage with potential technology and channel partners.
- Planning and budgeting engineering resources (local and offshore)
- Analyze and review system architecture and design.
- Coordinate and manage system testing, network monitoring and customer support teams.
Confidential,Plano, TX 2000-2004
Senior Development Manager (2001-2004)
- Managed a onsite and an offshore development teams to design and develop Element Management System (EMS) software infrastructure, application and back office interface products.
- Directed a special cross-functional team on $1.2 million project to obtain Telecordia’s OSMINE certification for a back office OSS.
- Reviewed all software design to ensure high performance and quality.
- Managed SDLC of responsible software products and monitored all projects to ensure teams were on track to achieve the set goals.
- A member of Change Control Board to analyze outstanding customer issues. Ensured all problems were expediently resolved to the full satisfaction of the client.
- A member of quality initiative program team (QIP), worked to refine and improve process for better product quality and team efficiency.
- Worked with product line management in responding to customer RFIs and RFPs.
Project Lead (2000-2001)
- Led small IT team in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Designed, developed and delivered the EMS software infrastructure and provisioning system.
- Analyzed and reviewed system architecture. Made intelligent improvements where indicated.
Confidential,Richardson, TX 1997-2000
Senior Staff Engineer/ Acting Manager
- Managed all operations during manager’s extensive absence
- Designed successful software products for this major company focused on telecommunication equipment and solutions..
- Authored system architecture and design documents of Service Management System.
- Oversaw the implementation of large scale and complex ‘advanced intelligent network’ products.
- Led and coordinated multi-site development groups.
- Provide technical training to offshore engineers.
Confidential,Richardson, TX 1995-1997
Project Lead/ Senior Engineer
- Specialized in the development of customized software solutions for Telecommunications Management Network.
- Led professional service team to successfully design and deliver multi-million dollar software systems.
- Worked closely with customers throughout the entire cycle of projects from requirement gathering to system delivery.
- Worked as profession consultant to help customers finding resolutions.
Masters in Computer Science
Leadership Program Training (LPI, LPII and LPIII)
Project Management Professional Training
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, Tandem NonStop
Web Technology: Web 2.0, AJAX, Lamp, RPC, J2EE, MVC, Struts, PHP, JSP, Servelet, .Net
Design: OOA/ OOD/ OOP, various design patterns, Agile
Database: MySql, TimesTen, JDBC, ObjectStore