Over 20 years programming, analysis, and office management experience in health care and academic environments. Extensive experience with HL7 interfaces including ADT, orders, and lab resulting.
4/07 - Present
Systems Designer, Confidential
Confidential, Wellesley, MA 02481
- Analysis, design, and Intersystems Caché programming for the clinical laboratory system. The Brigham Integrated Computer System (BICS) was based on Meditech code and the Meditech database with a high level of customization as well as conversion from MIIS to Caché.
- Set up and maintained HL7 interfaces in Partners' in-house-developed interface engine.
- Lab team programming lead in system migration from Windows-based Caché to a UNIX system.
- Designed, programmed, installed, and supported HL7 interfaces with Roche lab automation equipment.
1/03 - 7/06
Confidential,Ft. Myers, FL 33913
- Primary responsibility for Cerner/Misys(Antrim, Sunquest) HL7 billing interface.
- Primary responsibility for pre-employment toxicology testing reporting processes including HL7 and custom interfaces.
- Participated in set up of HL7 interface to physician office systems using Emdeon (formerly WebMD).
- Custom programming in Cerner Command Language (CCL) on HNA Classic system and Epathlink module of HNA Millennium (VMS Alpha environments).
- Custom programming for Misys (Antrim) commercial lab financial module (Caché/VMS Alpha environment).
- Ad-hoc programming in Caché/Windows environment including complex reporting combining data from multiple internal and external systems.
- Boston WorkStation/VB scriptwriting to interface and perform automated data entry into Misys.
- Researched tools for results and demographic interfacing between lab and physician office systems.
5/01 - 11/02
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Full responsibility on laboratory side for implementation and production support of web front-end registration and order entry HL7 interface to the lab system.
- Programming enhancements in DSM-MUMPS to Antrim LIS.
- Programming in Crystal Reports for Oracle-based laboratory system.
8/99 - 5/01
Confidential, Tampa FL
- Participated as sole IDX programmer in Channel Health (point-of-care handheld clinical information system) implementation team, including responsibility for HL7 interface specs between handhelds and main system.
- Custom MUMPS programming for clinical and administrative purposes on IDXtend system in ISM/VMS environment for 350 physician academic group practice. Included IDX AES, BAR, DBMS, and SCHED modules.
- Full responsibility for IDX billing statement production.
10/97 - 7/99
Confidential, Pompano Beach FL
- Design, implementation, and production support of inbound and outbound HL7 interfaces between Infomed\'s home health agency software and major healthcare delivery network\'s system.
- Automated database conversions to client\'s systems using MSI T-link (screen scraping) software.
- Custom design and programming for clients.
- Enhancements to Infomed's STAT2 Home Health system, UNIX and NT platforms.
- Interface with clients for custom programming projects including HL7 admission and order processes.
12/96 - 10/97
Confidential, Latham NY
- DSM programming on IDX managed care system.
- Managed care EDI enrollment interface maintenance and enhancement.
- Wrote enhancements to IDX AES and MCA modules.
7/96 - 9/96
Confidential, Troy, NY
- Documentation of existing HL7 processes, messages, segments and fields.
- VA FileMan programming in DSM environment.
- 3-month contract.
7/92 - 7/96
Self employed, Non-profit Administrative Services
- Offered administrative services to not-for-profit organizations.
- Services included public relations, volunteer recruitment, grantsmanship, and purchasing.
8/88 - 7/92
Director of Administrative Services
Confidential, Delhi, NY
- Office management in development and alumni office.
- Report programming from alumni database.
- Instituted fund-accounting system.
- Led the office in conversion to Banner (now SunGard Banner) software\'s alumni and development module, developed procedures and user guides, and trained office staff.
- Served as assistant secretary to the foundation board.
Associate in Applied Science degree, health services management major.
Additional undergraduate coursework.
Graduate health services administration coursework.
Oracle Corporation courses: Relational database design, SQL programming.
IDX Corporation (now GE Healthcare): BAR and DBMS training.
Crystal Reports (now SAP Business Objects): v 9, Courses I & II
'Partners in Excellence' award, December 2009, for work done on implementation of the Brigham laboratory system at a new outpatient facility.