It Consultant Resume
Business and technology visionarywith extensive proven leadership and front line experience in corporate technology services. Results-driven producer with a proven strong record of attainment, served for a leading global medical device / healthcare company, premier consumer goods company, and my own company.
Acumen in developing and implementing widespread short and long-term solutions worldwide while successfully managing costs, mitigating risks, conducting strategic planning, performing feasibility studies, developing comprehensive budgets, recruiting, training and mentoring professional staff, overseeing large scale projects and total migration to new systems. Accountable to all stakeholders and engineering of superior turnaround for IT’s performance and service levels. Excellent problem solving, facilitation and written and verbal communication skills.
Head of IT
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, which include staff management, project management, monitoring of data center, email and network administration, telecommunications, desktop, helpdesk, corporate website, associate training, vendor management and internal / external software and resources.
- IT Service Management (ITSM).
- Maintain and manage SaaS and Cloud Computing.
Confidential, Edison, NJ (Consumer Goods) 2000 - 2010
Vice President of Information Technology
Reduced telecom costs 400+% and EDI costs 1200%; cut charge-backs from 20% to 2% of sales. Accomplishments documented in an IBM press release 2003 and an Intermec press release 2007.
- Re-engineered entire IT infrastructure and architecture, including staff configuration, while building consensus, fostering productivityand establishing / supporting clear global vision and strategy.
- Collaborated with business units to review technologies and made pragmatic recommendations to develop IT strategies, streamline operations and evolve technology in alignment with company’s goals and future vision.
- Responsible for all SFA and CRM tools for the Sales and Marking Departments.
- Planned and prioritized at a governance and demand management level in both a change / grow and run environment for wholesale / retail business, including Web technology, ERP, Data Warehouse and BI domains.
- Kept abreast of technology trends and served as chief consultant to the executive team, which leveraged company’s IT capabilities and provided innovative and creative solutions while pointing out opportunities, risks, costs involved, and timelines.
- Maintained high visibility for daily activities with project teams, while also ensuring sufficient face-time with key executives and stakeholders. Prepared and presented financial / operational metrics and status updates, which established credibility and rapport.
- Mentored and ensured that direct reports of ten associates, multiple vendors and consultants maintained strong understanding of best practices, standards, policies and regulatory requirements and acted in accordance with them. Made certain that they delivered projects on time, on budget, with quality, and as per specification, adhering to architectural design.
- Led day-to-day operations, which included staff management, monitoring of data center, email and network administration, telecommunications, remote access, desktop, helpdesk, corporate website, associate training, vendor management and internal / external software and resources.
- Designed and managed the development of multiple large-scaled projects such as mobile Sales Force CRM systems, eCommerce sites, data warehouse and global web-enabled collaboration systems, which increased sales, reduced costs and improved customer satisfaction.
- Extensively supported and maintained all system tools and system access for remote Sales Force.
- Created and maintained networks in various international locations, which enhanced the supply chain process.
- Administered strategic duties of creating and managing budgets and staff performance reviews.
- Established PCI DSS security standards within systems and processes.
- Created a paperless warehouse utilizing radio frequency technology for the distribution center.
- Devised and documented disaster recovery, business continuance and IT policies and procedures.
Confidential, Kenilworth, NJ1998 - 2000
Entrepreneur / Consultant
Founded and built this company to provide large scope domestic and international IT services for major clients.
- Served as Y2K Compliance Officer for two major corporations.
- Comprehensively trained and assisted with the transition of a new MIS manager in Japan for a leading multinational medical device company.
- Developed and maintained a client/server system for multinational sales data.
- Coordinated the transmittal of BOL, purchase orders and invoices to international divisions for a US client.
Confidential, Murray Hill, NJ (Medical Devices) 1990 - 1998
MIS International Manager
- Managed domestic and international departments in both virtual and personal environments, which included budgeting, staffing and strategic direction.
- Worked closely with Bard International Divisions to share EDI data and other cross-cultural technology concepts.
- Developed specifications and designed applications for the programming staff.
- Provided client support for wide-ranging international operations: developed applications, designed networks, coordinated e-mail systems and oversaw web development.
- Led the projects to install JBA’s ERP Business 400 systems in Japan and Australia, and then migrated data into respective systems in both Japan and Australia.
- Initiated network / application support for accounting, forecasting, warehousing, sales and marketing.
- Instrumental in delivering data for a Japanese healthcare clinical trial system.
- Gained substantial expertise in all areas of IT department operations.
HARDWARE: IBM ISeries/AS400; IBM eServers x Series 3550 Servers; IBM System Storage DS4200; HP/Compaq Prolient Servers; Cisco ASA Security Appliances; SonicWall SSL-VPN 200; Barracuda; Adtran NetVanta Module Access Router; HP ProCurve Switches; Sophos ES 1000 e-mail appliance; Cisco Access Points; Apple’s AirPort Extreme; Intermec’s CN2, CN2B, CK31; Symbol SM 3090; Nortel Norstar Communication System; PCs; Macs; notebooks; mobile devices
SOFTWARE: Rackspace;Infor APlus ERP; Oracle PeopleSoft (Financials & Supply Chain); OS/400; IBM DB2; RPG400; COBOL400; COBOL/CICS/DB2; EmunWorks; VMware; Blackberry Enterprise Server; Windows XP/Windows 7; Windows Server; MS Active Directory; Windows Exchange Server; Windows SQL Server; SSIS; Java; Citrix; SharePoint; IBM Cognos; Lotus Notes; Inovis Trusted Link EDI; TLAshford Barcode Software; Veirfone JCharge; ProData DBU; Quadrant FastFax; BCD ProData; IBM Client Access; Lotus Dominos; JBA Business/400; Mac OS X; MS Outlook; MS IE; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); MS Project; MS Visio; Nortel Call Pilot 150; Crystal Reports; J2EE; Microsoft.Net
EDUCATION : Confidential
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes