Information Technology professional with over 23 years experience in all areas of data warehousing, including requirement analysis, data modeling, and database design. Demonstrated ability in development and project management from conception to implementation. Consistently pursuing new challenges to stretch abilities, expand knowledge, and bring new ideas to the team. Strong leader creating cohesiveness within teams to drive results and team performance.
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, Business Objects (Acta), ETL
Database Systems: Oracle v.7.x, v.8.x, v.9.x, Sybase, DB2
Hardware: Windows NT, UNIX
Services and Tools: Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, Visio), SQL Navigator,
SAP HR, FI, SD modules, SAP ABAP Workbench, SAP BI
Confidential, Nassau Park, NJ 1986 - 2009
Senior Application Analyst, SAP BI Business Warehousing, (2006 2009)
Project team lead responsible to define, design, and develop data flows to establish an effective schedule for the regional order to cash project. Managed all BI scheduling requests related to new requirements and support for existing data flows. Coordinated and conducted tests to ensure business process improvement and efficiency. Managed risks involved with critical data availability, provided recommendations and resolutions to cross functional teams.
- Completed testing of test streams, on-site monitoring of BI jobs during go-live, and implement scheduling of SAP events through CA-Unicenter to trigger BI process chains. Maintained run book and coordination for Order Management, Finance, and Inventory process chains and scheduling spreadsheet. Implemented procedures for the automation of sales and billing data for effective sales reports. Prepared documentation and administered knowledge transfer of data flows to Accenture.
- Designed, developed, tested, and implemented procedures and process chains for Convatec Backorder, Inventory, Nijmegen, Mexico Accounts Receivables, Supply Chain Inventory, and master data. Created and maintained complete run books and provided knowledge transfer to Accenture for continued support.
- Scheduled and implemented process chains for Production Analysis, QC Attainment, Sourcing, Volume Analysis, Warehouse Management, Subcontractor, Inventory, Goods Movement, and STP. Automation of these procedures produced timely reports for inventory management.
- Successfully developed and implemented ABAP update rules, function modules, and BI infopackages for Mexico accounts receivables and supply chain inventory.
Senior Application Analyst, (2003 2006)
Project and technical team lead to design, develop, and populate HR data warehouse to produce personnel, organizational, and payroll reports for HR executives and senior management. Managed cross functional teams to ensure the implementation of payroll, benefits, and organizational data for company wide business processes. Responsible for identifying business gaps, provide technical solutions, and recommendations for resolution. Provided status updates to management in relation to issues, risks involved, and timing.
Senior Application Analyst,
- Through data mining and analysis, created and designed data mappings, specifications, and detailed instructions to team members regarding master data, compensation, off cycle increases, organizational information, hierarchical rollups, personal data, historical data, and employee status and actions. Development resulted in the population of HR data warehouse to improve HR reporting.
- Analyzed and created specifications for a personnel master table to enhance the HR data warehouse and improve the process for configuration of expatriates and long term disability employees. Defined rules in determining and assigning roles for multiple personnel numbers to provide a more efficient reporting system. Implementation improved alignment between SAP and the HR data warehouse.
- Defined processing details for all PL/SQL packages and procedures related to the design of HR data warehouse. Conducted meetings to provide detailed specifications. Directed development team on tasks for mappings, logic, scheduling priorities, testing, implementation procedures, and issues. Improved performance and availability of data by increasing the efficiency of batch jobs.
- Coordinated the knowledge transfer and turnover of daily processing and support to Accenture for SAP-HR extracts, PL/SQL packages and procedures. Managed training on the use of Remedy (help desk tracking tool), and interaction with SAP HR, CA-Unicenter scheduling, and the DBA team. Around the clock support coverage by Accenture expedited the availability of HR data warehouse for reporting.
- Collaborated with Accenture support team to analyze and identify issues. Recommended solutions to help desk tickets and data issues. Authorized test results for promotion to production data warehouse.
- Developed a headcount reporting tool, constructed and reconciled headcount reports. Headcount reports were utilized by key executives for information regarding payroll, salary levels, and organizational structure.
- Developed jobs to return detailed payroll information from SAP for the employee benefits annual report. Redesigned jobs for the transfer of Smith-Barney stock option information to the HR data warehouse. Resulted in accurate data on personalized benefits mailed to employees.
- Designed, developed, tested, and implemented packages, tables, and views for the Staffing Improvement project resulting in an effective employee data interface for a recruitment tool with Spherion.
Senior Application Analyst, SAP Development, (1998 2003)
- Defined enhancements to pricing condition extract to account for the Euro conversion. Modified pricing condition override report to include additional pricing information, and utilize SAP multi-language translation tool for foreign markets. Resulted in complete currency and pricing information following the Euro conversion.
- Utilizing the SAP forms tool, developed enhancements for accounts receivable documents including dunning letter, invoice, short date letter, and Euro conversion.
Principal Application Analyst, Finance Systems, (1995 1998)
Managed a project team to design and implement a Financial Reporting Data Base utilizing ACS financial information from the GEIS information system. Converted and moved data from mainframe systems to an Oracle database. System data included market sales, product sales, market P&L, and product P&L.
- Mapped market data between mainframe numeric GEIS markets and alpha BMS markets. Converted COBOL load programs and tables to PL/SQL procedures to accept numeric markets. Removed market mapping errors from monthly data loads and ensured availability of financial data in a predictable and timely manner.
EDUCATION : Computer Science