IT Professional with 20 years experience as a computer operator working in an information systems environment. Demonstrated confidentiality, integrity and availability on the job. Practiced confidentiality while handling and printing classified reports at Navy Access. In addition, protected the integrity of the information and ensured reports were available to clients 99 percent of the time. Used BMC Remedy for incident reports and to troubleshoot problems. Skilled at working for government agencies as well as private industry. Adept at performing all standard operations functions in PC/LAN, mainframe and AS/400 environments. Responsibilities include running jobs, monitoring consoles, analyzing and solving a wide range of operations problems, performing backups, and participating in ensuring system security (e.g., controlling computer access). Have held Secret Security Clearance.
IBM Startel, Onbase, Muse, Pyxis, smartterm, rumba, Tsm and AnyQuene, IBM PCs; IBM 30XX, 43XX, AS/400; DEC VAX; laser and impact printers; LANs/WANs
Windows NT/2000/98, UNIX, DOS, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Oracle
MVS/XA, VMS, CICS, VTAM, SMF
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Data Processing Program,
Professional Seminars: ADP Security; Office Automation
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Georgetown University, 2008
UMUC Certificate Program for Cyber Security Policy, graduation December 2011
Confidential, (Washington, DC) 2001 - 2009
Computer Operator Technician
As a computer operator for a firm specializing in the support of hospital systems, performed a variety of tasks:
- Monitored the cloverleaf net system to ensure that all servers are functioning properly at Georgetown University Hospital.
- Responded to requests for on-site server support from various departments of the hospital.
- Assisted telecommuting employees log on to the hospital's remote PC, using pcAnywhere.
- Ran daily production jobs, including daily and weekly backups for RS 6000, AS/400, and several proprietary hospital systems. Also responsible for end-of-month production.
Confidential, (Washington, DC) 1999-2001
As a Senior Operator at the Department of Informational Security, maintained and monitored systems.
Held a Secret Clearance. Tasks Included:
- Managed the backups of Gateway Servers.
- When necessary performed mainframe disaster recovery procedures.
Confidential, (Falls Church, VA) 1998 - 2001
As a member of a five-person team, handled operations functions in AS/400, Windows, and UNIX environments for a company that provides supplemental health insurance to the private sector:
- Monitored the AS/400 system, performed eligibility processing, submitted Oracle Y2K letters for processing, and performed daily backups. Also provided backup, after-hours help desk support to 200 users.
- Downloaded UNIX data onto diskettes and generated hardcopies of reports on a weekly and monthly basis. Produced a variety of production forms and reports in a Windows environment.
Confidential, (Arlington, VA) 1996 - 1998
Supervised two operators, and training all new operators
As a Senior Operator at the Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS) Data Center, managed the operation of a Local Area Network.Tasks included:
- Supervised two operators and training all new operators.
- Printed classified and unclassified reports for 100 users.
- Monitored consoles.
- Served as backup Security Analyst for the LAN (adding and deleting passwords, etc.).
As Console Operator at the BUPERS Data Center, was responsible for monitoring consoles in a multiprocessor (IBM 30XX, 43XX) environment. Duties included:
- IPLed the system, and performed restart/recovery.
- Handled print production, and mounting tapes and cartridges for users.
- Performed troubleshooting and backups.
- Ensured the security of classified (including secret) material.
- Trained junior operators.
Previously, served as a Peripheral Equipment Operator at the same center. Tasks were similar to those just described.
Confidential, (Carderock, MD) 1989 - 1991
As a Computer Operator at the David Taylor Research Center, worked in the Finance Department processing payroll and printing government checks. Subsequently, moved to the dispatch area with responsibility for processing microfiche and operating a Xerox printer. During this period, performed site security functions.
Served as Tape Librarian for the Veteran's Administration and Aetna Insurance Company.
SOME Program (Washington, DC) As a volunteer, maintained a database on volunteer visits to senior citizens in the Washington DC metropolitan area, using Windows 95 and MS-Excel, 1995 - Present