Objective Obtain a position as Sr. Director of Information Technology and take a place at the top of one of the most vital pieces of the business: Information Technology Department.
Summary Technically sophisticated Executive with a career reflecting over 15 years of experience, strong leadership qualifications, coupled with a hands-on management style takes on the strategic and tactical management of information infrastructure in supporting operations and ensuring the proper allocation of resources for competing priorities as well as meets a diversity of needs by formulating and implementing advanced technology and business solutions while maintains focus on achieving bottom-line results. Qualifications include:
- Superior record of delivering simultaneous large-scale, mission-critical projects on time and under budget with impressive results.
- Outstanding relationship builder, skilled at quickly gaining and maintaining the trust and respect of a diverse group of employees.
- Skilled within all areas of management, planning, analysis, and successful implementation of key business solutions.
- Proven track record in a wide range of environments.
Project Management | Budgeting | Resource Management and Allocation
Software Development | IT Infrastructure | Operations Leadership and Mentoring Skills
Network Security | Telecommunications | Contract Negotiations | Vendor/Contractor Relations
Sr. Director of Information Technology
Strategy & Planning
- Participated in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the executive management team.
- Led IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Developed and maintained an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Established IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identified opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assessed and communicated risks associated with IT investments.
- Developed, tracked, and controlled the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Developed business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Directed development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinated and facilitated consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Approved, prioritized, and controlled projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Reviewed hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursued master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Defined and communicated corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Ensured continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Ensured IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Established lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
- Kept current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advised, counseled, and educated executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Established and oversaw strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Supervised recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
Vice President of Information Technology
- Established multi-year global IT strategy to align with business objectives.
- Provided strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems
- Facilitated communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
- Directed the operational activities of the Information Technology department:
- Facilitated and set company-wide IT priorities short, mid and long term
- Set operational objectives
- Resource allocation
- Define and outline company-wide continuous improvement program
- Aligned the IT organization to ensure appropriate support for the business
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Implementation, migration and operation of a new Data Center
- Directed the development, analysis, implementation, and operations of information systems and data processing
- Ensured that systems meet the needs of all departments and recommend changes and/or enhancements to current systems
- Oversaw an annual budget
- Improved speed of IT deliverables through concept, design, build, test and implementation
- Defined auditing procedures and techniques to:
- Evaluate effectiveness of internal controls
- Measure and test compliance with company policies and procedures
- Reinforce and enhance the reliability of financial and operating information systems and processes that ensure regulatory compliancy
- Developed and enforced policies and procedures to ensure protection of enterprise IT assets
- Created, maintained and enforced written policies and procedures regarding all computer operations in the IT Department
- Oversaw an online 24/7/365 production environment
- Guide capital expenditures, in-house staff and offshore development resources
- Ensured all IT projects are properly implemented, integrated, and supported
- Ensured overall IT system security is established with appropriate reporting and monitoring tools
- Partner with functional areas and businesses to ensure alignment with their needs and appropriate service levels
- Researched trends and developments in IT relevant to the business needs
Director of Information Technology
- Developed and drove company-wide project management policies, procedures and best practices
- Implemented standard project assessment methodologies, including:
- Solution Selection Criteria
- Project Cost Estimations
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Realigned of projects with company goals and targets
- Ensured projects meet requirements, delivered on time and within budget
- Effectively manage staff IT project managers (hiring, professional development, counseling, termination, etc.)
- Drove the completion of projects to ensure objectives are met in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations, and funding criteria
- Acted as a liaison between the various organizational groups - fostering communication, teamwork and knowledge sharing as needed to meet key objectives
- Assimilated into the organization to gain an understanding of business dynamics/drivers in order to keep critical project initiatives on track
- Tactically anticipated and resolved problems impacting various large projects
- Provided hands-on assistance with projects including, but not limited to: project management, resource management, process improvement/implementation, knowledge transfer and communication management
- Provided oversight on various projects ensuring conflicts and interdependencies are addressed
01/1995- 04/1999 Confidential
Director of Software Development
- Lead an organization of Development Managers, Technical Architects, Analysts, Designers and Developers
- Managed within both internal and external (individual contractors and 3rd parties) staffing models, including offshore development.
- Managed multiple development teams both local and remote to ensure software development efforts met quality objectives and launch targets.
- Identified both strategic opportunities and potential threats
- Utilized software development best practices within the organization including but not limited to the following areas: design, architecture, code re-use, performance, and quality.
- Continuously appraised effectiveness of software development organization through objective metrics and plotted course for improvement.
- Identified and evaluated software acquisition opportunities and leads buy-vs-build decision-making process
- Prioritizes and manages resource allocation for all products in the product line based on changing business priorities, direction and budget.
- Determined, justified and obtained approval for project resources, personnel, and budget necessary for projects that meet requirements
- Manages morale of development organization; approves employee performance evaluations and development plans; and ensures consistency in all compensation actions for organization
- Ensured quality hiring practices in product areas
05/1992- 10/1994 Confidential
- Created, maintained and managed project statement of work (SOW), cost-benefit analysis (CBA), and supporting project documentation & schedules
- Defined, validated, monitored and controlled project scope
- Staffed and managed project team members
- Measured and monitored goal progress on a daily basis by tracking technology projects and reporting to appropriate management levels
- Identified and mitigated project risks
- Presented project summaries and status information to all levels of the organization
- Assisted in estimation of project and developer time; man-hours (resource allocation)
- Fostered a team environment and managed project personnel at varying technical levels
- Lead project-planning meetings
- Coordinated other IT activities
MBA, Business Administration
MDP, Executive Education
B.S. Degree in Computer Science Special Skills Fluent in Russian (written & spoken)
Available upon request.