Software Testing & Project Implementation
Currently I am working with Health Care project and the Product name is Med Mantra, which is a Joint venture project between Apollo and TCS (Tata Consultancy Services). I am working from TCS office, Hyderabad as a business associate from client side and my current role is Senior Testing Engineer/Lead. I have been working since the commencement of this project and have worked with almost all phases of Software Development Lifecycle and acquired good domain knowledge. I am quite familiar with the Hospital process and having a good understanding of patient flow. I am having a rich experience in software testing and implementation and have worked with different testing methodologies in both SIT and UAT environment.
Profile & Strengths
- Experience in functional specification analysis to identify test scenarios.
- Ability to plan, design and execute test cases.
- Able to communicate effectively with Business teams.
- Ability to work in tight deadlines.
- 5 Years of experience in Health care domain with good understanding of SDLC and STLC.
- Experience in test scenario, test case development, test progress tracking and status reporting.
- Hands on experience in Integration testing, System testing, Database testing and UAT testing.
- Experience on thorough Root cause analysis of bugs and identified bug prone areas of application.
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, result oriented and excellent leadership quality.
- Hard working with a quest and zeal to learn new domains and undertake challenging tasks.
- UAT testing and planning experience at client location.
- Familiarity with SQL databases.
- Strive to continuously improve the daily test process.
- Work with Project Implementation/Deployment and Post-Deployment at client location.
- Current Employer : Confidential
- Designation : Asst. Manager.
- Current Role : Senior Testing Engineer/Lead.
- Duration : October-2007 - Present.
I am employed with Confidential, and working as a Business associate in Confidential, since October'2007. I have worked primarily in the Confidential,. I am closely associated with live project implementation/deployment at client locations. I have actively participated in project implementation/deployment activity of following main Confidential,.
This project comprises of various modules and is interlinked with each other. Inter-module interaction is vastly used In this project and the modules are : Registration, Admission and transfer, Billing(OP & IP), Customer Relationship Management(CRM), Nursing, Doctors and Wards, Laboratory, Blood Bank, Materials Management, Pharmacy, Radiology, Operation Theater(OT), Ambulance, Human Resources(HR), Apollo Health Check(AHC), Food & Beverages and SMS.
Current Project/Product Details
Name of Project/Product : Apollo eHIS (Med Mantra) - Development & Deployment.
Client : Confidential
Name of Implementing Agency : Confidential
Project type : Development/ Maintenance/ Support.
Technology : Product is developed in ASP.Net 2.0 using .NET Framework 3.0, IIS 6.0 as Application and Web Server.
Database : Oracle 10g.(PL/SQL Developer Client tool is used).
Software Testing/Quality Assurance
- Associated with Preparing the test strategy and test plan with the Test Manager.
- Preparing the Test Case document and update the same as and when functionality changes.
- Discuss with business analyst/functional owner to freeze the requirements to ensure the test coverage.
- Actively Participated in test data preparation to ensure a productive testing.
- Verify the release notes before deployment into the production environment.
- Analyze the fitment document and ensure the test case coverage.
- Doing Integration testing, System testing, Database testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Attend the regular client call and discuss the status with the stakeholders.
- Acting as the single point of contact in between Functional team and testing team.
- Analyze and identify gaps in functional/business requirement.
- Keep track of the new requirements / enhancements/critical requirements/user comments of the Project.
- Review the test cases prepared by team members and guide them whenever required.
- Review the execution of test case done by team members and guide them whenever required.
- Monitor the test reports and Tracking the Pass/Fail status of test cases.
- Perform integration testing, system testing, regression testing, sanity testing and user acceptance testing.
- Verify release notes before deployment into the UAT and Production Environment.
- Continuously monitor the testing progress with team members and make sure to meet the given timeline.
- Reporting and Tracking of Bugs in the Bug tracking tool till closure.
- Prepare the testing reports at regular time intervals to ensure the testing status, testing progress, test coverage, defects discovered, defects resolution and closure.
- Conduct the Knowledge transfer session and explain the functionality to new testers.
- Escalate the issues pertain to project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to Test Manager.
User Acceptance Testing at Client Location
- User Acceptance Test (UAT) Planning.
- Designing UA Test Cases.
- Selecting a Team that would execute the (UAT) Test Cases.
- Executing Test Cases.
- Reporting and tracking the Defects found during UAT.
- Re-testing the issues/Bugs after Fixing and tracking the closure of the issues.
- Taking the User Sign Off.
Current Project/Product Summary
- Ensure the infrastructure readiness (Both hardware and software configuration).
- Ensure the UAT environment readiness.
- Closely involved in Master Data template preparation, Master data collection and configuration.
- Master Data Setup(Service master, Baseline tariff definition, Package & Profile creation, Agreement creation, Bed Master Setup, Package/Profile tariff definition, Agreement wise tariff definition etc.)
- LoginID and User role creation.
- Role Based screen/dashboard access mapping.
- Counter creation and Duty roster generate.
- Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Conduct User Demo and User training session and explain the benefit of the application to them.
- Tracking the fitment document preparation and analyze the same.
- Taking the Enterprise Consensus in case of any new/Critical requirement (CR) raised by the users.
- User handling, user interaction, user convinces.
- Tracking the development of the new requirement after taking the Enterprise Consensus.
- Sanity testing, Integration testing of the enhancements/new requirements.
- Conduct the End-to-end testing in UAT environment.
- Report and Track the issues/bugs and follow-up the same till closure.
- Plan and Conduct the Parallel Run of the application in UAT environment.
- Monitor the behavior of the application.
- Report printing and Report sign-off from the Department HODs.
- Conduct the meeting with the Management, HODs and Users regarding the GO-LIVE date.
- Prepare and verify the GO-LIVE checklist on the basis of the above points.
- Finalize the cut-off date of the old application and fixed the GO-LIVE date with the consent of management and stakeholders.
- Keep track of the Enhancement, New requirement, Change till closure.
- Provide post go live support to end users.
- Monitor the workability/performance of the application Post-Go-Live till stable.
- About the Project
- Apollo Hospitals and Tata Consultancy Services joined hands to create a next generation Hospital Information System (HIS) called the Med Mantra. The joint association came into being after a marathon search of Apollo for a HIS product that could meet the needs of a network of hospitals. Multiple hospitals of Apollo group located at different regions are integrated. Some of the key objectives of the project are:
- Make the hospitals truly paperless. This required all the operational and clinical functionality/requirements to be available on the system.
- Integrated system - integration covering the latest technologies like Equipment interface, PACS, Barcodes etc.
- Achievements of the project.
- The first implementation was carried out in the Apollo Health City, Hyderabad. Now the product is implemented in Bramwell Hospital (ABH) Mauritius, Chennai Main Apollo Hospital and Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi. The application was widely appreciated by all functional areas of the hospital and all the currently available functionalities are utilized almost 100%.
Previous Work Experience
I have been in the IT field since about 1997 and closely associated with testing and implementation. I was working with Hindalco group of Company in Hirakud, Orissa, India. The Basic function of the Company was Aluminium Smelter and Power Generation. I have worked with number of in-house projects of the company and working from client side at the client location. Basically I was involved with testing and implementation of number of projects. I have worked with the following in-house projects of the company.
- Ramco Marshall - Materials Management System.
- Personnel Information System.
- Production Management System.
- Quality Monitoring System.
- Training Information System.