Director Of Information Technology Resume
- An expert in IT Architecture working primarily in the Financial Services Industry - 19+ years of experience in the design, installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of Network Architecture, Telecommunications, Market Data, VOIP and data center designs and migrations.
- A senior manager with a unique hands-on style - maintaining direct involvement in every aspect of platform design and management down to the smallest detail; recognized for knowing exactly where to look to solve any challenge, and how to adapt technology design to best support business needs.
- A responsive, creative user of technology to streamline business processes, reduce operating costs, increase business productivity and profitability, and gain competitive edge. Skilled at designing and delivering cost-effective, high-performance IT infrastructures and applications to fulfill business goals.
- Easy-going, high-energy style, recognized for responsiveness to business, and skill in working effectively with individuals at all levels.
Confidential, New York, NY
A worldwide leader in news and business information
- Responsible for strategic global network planning and network design for Dow Jones and its subsidiaries; including writing network designs, network infrastructure configuration, installation, support and management. Work closely with various business leaders to develop and deliver new technologies.
- Key accomplishments include: Successfully completed site moves and network installations for several Dow Jones business divisions, including The Daily, Barons, and NY Post. Helped build Radio Studio for Fox News Radio show, including set up of switch to connect to network using proprietary TCP/IP equipment. Successfully migrated from 3Com to CISCO switches at the Dow Jones printing press.
Confidential, Greenwich, CT
A bond broker dealer and a hedge fund with a billion assets under management
- Directly responsible for designing and building new platforms worldwide in support of major business growth initiative. Over a 2-year period, took on aggressive project of opening new offices worldwide in Dubai, London, India, Florida, and San Diego, expanding enterprise from existing 2-site locations. Built out brand new sites from scratch - worked with business owners in each new location to design and implement a new data center at each new site, including CISCO infrastructure, Microsoft active directory, data market services, internet connectivity, network security including anti-virus and maleware, enabling all offices with remote connectivity into home office/corporate headquarters. Managed project with 20 IT consultants, maintaining direct involvement in every stage of project lifecycle; personally designed and built platforms for new locations and oversaw local site implementation. Met all budgets and timelines for completion, supporting the company's goal of entering the worldwide market and growing its business worldwide.
- Successfully implemented of the first platform to utilize ARDs (automatic ringdown) on a CISCO IP phone system. Reduced costs to business significantly by designing this functionality on existing platform. Created business case, secured management buy-in, and designed and implemented the new platform to connect all offices worldwide - delivering the new cost-saving and time-saving system within an extremely tight implementation schedule of only 3 months. New system design allowed business to communicate at no cost, saving the business all long-distance charges made from office to office. Additionally, use of dedicated direct phone lines going from business office trading floor to client trading floor increased speed of trades dramatically, requiring only a button to be pushed to conduct business. Reduced business costs significantly by replacing old IPC turret system and implementing ARDs successfully on CISCO platform, even though it hadn't been done before.
- Designed and implemented Ticketless trading system to replace manual business process, reducing time to trade by over 500%. Migrated from using hand-written, stamped, tickets for trades to computerized ticketless system; designed an application that would pop up on traders' screen, be routed to proper support teams and regulators, with auto-connection to FINRA to report trades, and to TRACE and ACT. Trades were automatically queued for action, significantly streamlining process, reducing time to complete trade, and eliminating human error.
- Successfully designed strategy, led and implemented business transition between Prime Brokers on 2 occasions, each time ensuring a seamless transition without business interruption. In 2004, led project to change Prime Broker from Bear Stearns to Deutsche Bank, and then again in 2009, managed change to Pershing. Worked directly with Prime Broker IT divisions to design data migration plans and inputs to all of McMahan Securities internal applications. Enhanced internal systems to streamline back-office productivity. Allowed business to capitalize on new Prime Broker relationship in most timely and efficient manner.
- Oversaw 2 corporate office moves, successfully migrating all system platforms to ensure seamless business continuation. Expanded existing business scope, creating a new trading floor and a new data center. Met all deadlines and budget.
- Promoted from Senior Network Engineer to Director of Information Systems in 2004 - following the success of one of the Prime Broker conversions. Recognized by business management for possessing a leadership style that leverages my preference for being directly involved in all aspects of implementation, while effectively leveraging a team. Developed a reputation for being a unique Senior Manager who actually enjoys "doing the work" and, as a result, is intimately aware of every facet of the company's system architecture.
Director of Information Technology (2004-Feb2011)
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN network systems
- Designed, installed and maintain MS Windows 2003 AD and Novell eDirectory for over 200 computers
- Designed, installed and maintain MS Windows AD domains including Wins, DNS, DHCP, Exchange E-Mail, IIS, SQL and Pervasive SQL servers
- Systems Management of complete MS Exchange 2003 Infrastructure including multiple servers, including a MS clustering and supporting multiple domains
- Maintain Blackberry Enterprise Server for multiple companies and multiple MSt Exchange 2003 servers
- Maintain Symantec/Norton Enterprise and Trend Micro Enterprise security for all anti-virus, anti-spam, malware and grayware
- Installed and maintain a Cisco Ironport C-series appliance for all email traffic and web security
- Maintain all Cisco Routers and Switches including Catalyst 65xx 50xx 45xx 29xx , PIX Firewalls and 3000 VPN concentrators in a redundant environment
- Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, PPP, NetBEUI, DLC, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Token Ring, SMTP/POP3/IMAP/LDAP, FTP, Telnet, SNMP, RMON, WINS, DHCP, DNS, Frame relay, ATM, OSPF, BGP, RIP, RIP2, EIGRP
- Use Backup Exec and Arcserve Back up software to back up to an ADIC tape back system
- Using Whatsup Gold network management software to monitor the network infrastructure
- Installed and manage Citrix Presentation Servers in a Farm
- Set up and maintain all data market feeds including Bloomberg, Bloomberg DDE, Bloomberg Pricelink, Bloomberg data licensing, Reuters, Nasdaq, Realtick, Stockvol, and Thomson Financial
- Maintain security of all Proprietary trading systems including CATS (Convertible Arbitrade Trading System) and Trademaster a Trading system and internal P & L server
- Set up business contingency plan and disaster recovery under FINRA (NASD) and SEC regulations
- Use Network Automate for automation of mission critical batch processing
- Manage 3 different phone systems, a Cisco IP Phones with Unified Communications Manager using voice over IP (VOIP) system. Which includes Call Manager, Cisco Unified E-mail Messaging and Video Advantage, a IPC MX Turret system for all ARD for a Trading Floor, and a Telrad 4000 PBX
- Responsible for Video Conference Systems including Conferencing over IP (Tandberg and Polycom)
- Training on VMware course for ESXi 4.0 and ESX 4.0 and Vcenter server 4.0
- Provide project proposals, cost analysis and design specifications to the CFO and CEO
Network Engineer (1997-2004)
- Troubleshooting all hardware and software issues on a 24/7 basis
- Created a trouble ticket help desk system
- Assisting in a weekly commentary
- Implementing and supporting a Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Automation of all overnight printing and data processing
- Installation of all new ARD direct lines to IPC Turret phone system
Non-Profit Organization - donates used computers to charities, schools & public agencies
- Supervise help desk for all office personnel
- Manage phone system
- Administer Windows 2003 Domain AD and Novell eDirectory
- Responsible for Video Conference Systems
- Responsible for maintaining all Cisco Switches and Routers
Confidential, New York, NY
A Computer Consulting Firm
- Responsible for the supervision, design, installation, implementation and technical support for various Local Area Networks utilizing Novell 5.x & 6.x; Windows Domains
- Provided Novell administration and client support in a campus-wide setting consisting of over 3000 users
- Member of ITS Network Help Desk for a major healthcare provider
- Coordinating departmental moves of server and all computer equipment
- Provided Help Desk support on PC hardware/software at customer site including new installs, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair
Confidential, Melville, NY
A Computer Consulting Firm
- Coordinated and controlled a full staff of service technicians, provided telephone support for over two hundred active clients, and authorized the acquisition of parts through vendors nationwide
- Proficient background in hard drive installations, replacement of systems boards, floppy drives, tape drives, video components and printer repair
- Interacted with office managers in implementing software applications and solving problems with cabling, defective hardware and configurations
Computer Service Technology Diploma - Dean's List
Electronic Technology Diploma - Dean's List
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes