Obtain a Responsible and Challenging position at an Organization where I can apply my education and experience as an Engineer.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering and testing in Healthcare domain.
- Understanding of Software development life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Experience in Globalization and localization process.
- Experience in Tracking and fixing bugs.
- Experience in Smoke, GUI, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Unit Testing.
- Strong in Manual Testing and writing System Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts.
- Experience in Defect tracking and reporting.
- Experience in writing Code Review, Design Review and Bug Review documents.
- Experience in using (Test management tools) TFS, Serena Business Mashup, Mercant Tracker, Bugzilla to manage the software testing process including defect (Bug tracking).
- Working in a fast-paced environment and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to ensure quality of the product.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, and fast learner.
- Languages/ Scripting Languages C, C++, C#, Java, VB Script, Perl, HTML.
- Operating System Windows, Linux.
- Database MsAccess, SQL Server, Sybase 9/10/11.
- Protocols TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP.
- Tools & IDE Visual Studio 6.0/2003/2005/2008/2010, MS SharePoint, Perforce, SAP.
Confidential,San Diego, CA June 2008 – Present
The company is a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and surgical supplies and technologies. I am working with the R & D group to assist them with International projects.
- Working on MedStation and SupplyStation products for international languages.
- Working on the Resource Parser tool to generate pseudo-translated resources and make it compatible with existing projects.
- Tracking and fixing bugs for Med and Supply products.
- Unit Testing for Med and Supply products.
- Used Tracker and Serena tools to report and track bugs.
- Extensively test Graphical User Interface Components.
- Managing resource files and fix translation and truncations issues.
- Worked on Med3500 6.1 product for Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Turkish and Italian languages.
- Worked on Supply 8.1.1 product Spanish and Portuguese languages.
- Actively participate in Software Development and globalization efforts.
- Create and participate in Code Review, Design Review and Bug Review meetings.
- Refactored the Med 3500 6.1 system software.
- Interface with SCM to generate and deliver software builds.
- Administer the Dispensing International Microsoft SharePoint site.
- Tools Used: 6.0/2003/2005/2008/2010 Visual Studio Development Environment, Sybase 9/10/11, TFS, Merant Tracker, Serena, Perforce, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, SAP and Resource Parser.
Confidential,San Diego, CA Jan 2008- June 2008
The company is the provider of digitized building blueprints fully to scale that empowers employees, managers and teams to make better decisions in the daily course of business and in the event of an emergency.
- Involved in unit, integration, functional and regression testing of their “Javaplex.archaio.net” project.
- Extensively tested Graphical User Interface Components.
- Created and documented the Test Scenarios for each functional area mentioned in Test Plans to develop the test cases.
- Used Bugzilla for repository, reporting and tracking bugs, and providing updates on resolved bugs.
- Communicated defects encountered during regression test and performed follow-up with developers until all issues were resolved.
Confidential, Aug 2007 – Dec 2008
Provided assistance to the department on various class related projects and assignments. Used VB script for the automation of Excel sheets in order to maintain the database of students, such as tracking student’s performances throughout the semester.
Confidential,Delhi, INDIA June 2005- Aug 2005
The Company is a leading global IT Services company, providing software-led IT solutions and remote infrastructure management services in India. It focuses on Transformational Outsourcing, working with clients in areas that impact and re-defines the core of their business. As a Trainee, I was involved in conducting Functional testing, Integration testing, and Regression testing.
Confidential,INDIA: June 2004 – Aug 2004
Indian Railways has set up this Institute IRIEEN which conducts internal training courses for the electrical and computer engineers of Indian Railways. As a Trainee, I performed case studies of the Indian Railways networking system called RAIL NET, I and studied the functionality of switches, routers, OSI reference model and different types of protocols used in networking like TCP/IP.
Master of Science, Computer Science
Bachelor of Computer Science