SUMMARY OF GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree
- More than 20 years' experience in the Information Technology industry
- Management and supervisory experience
- Experience with mainframe programming languages, operating systems and software
- Relational database experience
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- More than 20 years in the ITindustryanalyzing, designing, developing, testing, documenting, maintaining and supporting applications and processes.
- Extensive experience on complex large-scale projects (notablyFinancial)
- Created appropriate documentation associated with theSDLC requirements.
- Preparedspecification and duration estimates associated with systemic enhancements.
- Monitoredproduction and testing support and resolved issues that arose.
- Remained current with technical and development trends.
- Remained current with company and industry standards.
- More than 20 years of application development experience on a mainframe using COBOL.
- More than 5 years of experience on a mainframe using Structure Query Language (SQL).
- Exemplified interpersonal and communication skills while corresponding with customers, support personnel, application development personnel and management.
- Worked extensively in team environments with very positive team results and individual success. Attended Team Leadership and Team Spirit training classes where participants acted out scenarios and participated in activities that showed the outstanding results that
can be achieved withnon-inhibitive "brain storming", mutual respect, and mutual support.
SUMMARY OF TECHNICAL SKILLS
- COBOL Programming Language:
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS)
- IBM Information Management System (IMS)DB/DC
- Job Control Language (JCL)
- Mainframe Utilities: IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SYNCSORT, IDCAMS, DFSORT, DFSRRC00, IRXJCL
- IBM DB2 Rational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- IBM DB2 Utilities: SPUFI, QMF
- Operating Systems: MVS/ESA, OS/390
- Other Software:Endevor, File-Aid, Easytrieve,Xpediter, REXX, CA-7
2008 - 2012, Substitute Teacher
Confidential, Township, NJ,
Teach primary, middle, and high school students on a daily, weekly, or short-term basis
August 2000 - December 2001
Confidential, Trenton, NJ, Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Created web pages using Adobe's Dreamweaver and Flash
- Developed desktop applications using Access, Visual Basic, and VB Script
June 1995 - December 1997
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Consultant
October 1996 - December 1997
Client: Confidential, Latin American Operations, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Acted as liaison between CitiCorp and Decision Consultant IT management
- Maintained a cash management and regional collection system that linked 22 bank branches in South and Central America.
- Maintained the production of bank and customer documents for South and Central America.
March 1996 - October 1996
Client: Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Simplified the production of periodic analytical documents which enabled risk analysis to be conducted on a more timely basis.
- Maintained theRate Making and Experience Rating Systems by making statutory changesandtimecritical enhancements.
June 1995 - March 1996
Client: Confidential, Miami, FL
- Supported the General Ledger System
- Responsible for integrating the "line crew" payroll system into the main payroll system
- Responsible for updates to the main payroll system; supervised two programmers
April 1993 - May 1995
Confidential, Bakersfield, CA, Senior Design Analyst
Client: Confidential, West Palm Beach, FL
- All activities were done in a team environment.
- Analyzed and documented the manual and computerized workflow of West Palm Beach County's Criminal Justice System
- Designed major system changes to expand functionality, expedite processsing, eliminate duplication, reduce paper-intensive manual systrems, and integrate fractured systems
December 1979 - January 1993
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONT)
September 1991 - January 1993
Senior Systems Designer
A senior designer on a complex large scale DB2 system that processed facultative and treaty reinsurance
- Supervised four programmers charged with coding, testing, and documenting programs
- Developed online screens in PowerBuilder to capture front-end data
October 1990 - September 1991
Senior Systems Designer
- A senior designer on a complex large scale DB2 system that processed commercial automobile reinsurance policies
- Wrote programs using Host and File Server DB2 databases to insert, retrieve, and update data
- Used embedded dynamic SQL
July 1987 - October 1990
Senior Systems Designer
- A senior designer on a large IMS system that tracked and recorded CIGNA agents & producers
- In a team environment, responsible for design through implementation
- Responsibilities included converting existing data to the new databases
September 1983 - July1987
Senior Systems Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining the Deferred Accounting Systemwhich processed 26 policy feeds
- Designed and implemented the Employee Payroll Deduction System
- Supervised 5 - 7 programmers
December 1979 - September 1983
Senior Programmer Analyst
Workers Confidential, Batch environment
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MASTER OF SCIENCE - INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - APPLIED SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Organizational Leadership, Project Management & Costs, Statistics, ArcView
- CIGNA in-house: IMS, DB2/SQL, CICS, Team Spirit, Effective Leadership, Management Skills for the IT Environment, and Presentation Skills
- Decision Consultants: C and C++
- NJ Department of the Treasury: Visual Basic, Crystal Reports, SQL Server, Adobe Flash
- Dale Carnegie: Effective Communication & Human Relations