An accomplished Software Engineer specializing in Object-Oriented Design and Analysis with extensive experience in enterprise software development in a commercial environment.
Over 12 years experience working with complex technical and managerial systems requiring the use of these key skills:
- Language: Java, J2EE, C, C++, SQL
- Operating Systems: Unix (Solaris 10, HP/UX), Linux, Windows
- Frameworks/Libraries: Spring, Struts, Axis2, Hibernate, JDBC, Castor,Log4j
- Network Protocols: SOAP, HTTP, HTTPClient, Sockets, FTP, JMS, TCP/IP, SMTP
- Databases: Oracle 9, MS SQL
- IDE: Eclipse, MS Visual Studio
- Application and Web Server: WebLogic 10.3, Apache Tomcat 6
- Source control: Rational ClearCase, CVS, Ant
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer/Contractor (June 2009 - January 2010)
Contributed to design and development of new Health Service Account system. Developed a Struts based application to manage portfolio, contribution and transactions.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
Sr. Programmer/Analyst (May 2006 - May 2009)
Served on the new product development team, brainstormed and implemented various techniques in electronic prescription, patients and doctor searches, drugs pricing, drug information retrieval and Remote prescriptions process. Primary engineer responsible for Agile development practices, SOA, cloud computing design and development of the pharmacy centralized systems.
- Central Search Web Services project (11/2007 - 5/2009)
- Back End: Axis2, SOAP, XSD, WSDL, Hibernate, Castor, XML, HTTP as the connection protocol
- Central Drug project (1/2007 - 8/2007)
Back end: Java classes, JDBC, SQL, Castor, Oracle 9i, Weblogic, JavaMail
- Remote Processing project (6/2007 - 1/2008)
- Front end: Java Swing
Back End: Java Classes, EJB, JMS, XML, JDBC, Sockets, SQL, Oracle, Unix
- Central Pricing project (5/2006 - 3/2007)
Back End: Java Classes, Hibernate 3, JUnit, Oracle, Weblogic
Confidential, Newark, CA
Sr. Software Engineer/Contractor (August 2005 - May 2006)
Served as critical member of development team for the java Web-based Sun StorEdge Enterprise Storage Management, RAID Storage Array configuration utility. Designed architecture including requirements definition, object modeling design, tier structure development and user interface definition.
- Created utility that enabled creation of downloadable packages with remote Storage Array controller operating code version dependencies and displayable attribute identifiers.
- Implemented Configuration Snapshot utility to allow configuration of RAID Storage Array to be captured for backup or replication tasks.
- GUI designed and implemented new features, new functions and enhancements, making extensive use of Sun ONE Application Framework, and MVC design pattern in Java environment and Unix platform.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer (January 2004 - July 2005)
- Created a J2EE based application which has ordering, inventory control, billing and accounting systems with the J2EE components of JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, JavaMail, Web Service, WSDL, SOAP technologies on Apache Tomcat web server and WebLogic application server accessing MS SQL with JDBC. Wrote technical specs, automated test cases and documentation. Tested application through the development cycle.
- Setup commercial CRM enterprise application software.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer (February 1999 - December 2003)
- Localization and internationalization of Remedy CRM products. Adding new function and new features to the existing Windows client application in Microsoft MFC.
- Designed and built the Remedy Email Management System for Remedy CRM products. This server side socket-based service provides SMTP protocol, MIME format of email that runs on both Window NT and UNIX platform. Project is developed in C++.
- Modified, enhanced, and rebuilt workflow automation application for internal developers' usage. The application reads complex data from spreadsheets by OLE automation, connected MS SQL and Oracle database server with ODBC, and constructs workflow object with Remedy Action Request API. Project is developed in MS Visual C++.
- Designed and developed a web-based Portal customer service application that enables customers to log and track the knowledge-based systems, submit and modify the Service Requests.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Software Engineer (November 1997 - February 1999)
- Designed and developed medical devices and instrument control application program that controls biotech equipment, data acquisition and data analysis, serial communications protocols; development was done in C++ on Windows NT and Windows 95 using Microsoft\'s IDE and MFC.
- Designed, implemented, tested, and maintained a work flow/process product based on object-oriented technology.
- Designed program which allows researcher to customize protocols, experiments, analyze, data display, and report formats.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
Software Engineer (April 1996 - November 1997)
System design and system programming on computer hardware diagnostic programs using Borland C++ OWL, Microsoft C++ MFC in an early stage startup environment. All the software was written for running on Windows95 and Windows NT environment.
Fluent in Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin
B.S. in Computer Information Systems