Confidential,2011 – Software Development Design and Documentation
- Developed design documentation that drives development of software.
- Performed GAP Analysis on user stories, business rules, and final product. Tracked all changes to design and documentation, noted on analysis docs, used at finish to report bugs in software.
- Worked with design team to make changes, meet client needs, and deliver design and documentation in a timely manner and as required. Worked with Stewardship to make changes and answer questions about design and documentation of software functions and processes.
- Updated and expanded the Annotation Guidelines, which serve as training document for new writers. Also developed process flows, a glossary, a style guide, and example data to aid new writers in understanding and executing their projects.
Confidential,2010 – Mobile and Zune Readiness Team
- Developed training materials for the KIN phone, Windows Phone 7 (soon to be released in the US), and Zune training for support agents on a global basis. Worked with SMEs, Marketing, and Support staff to create Facilitator and Participant Guides, PowerPoint decks, Captivate demos and simulations, job aids and other training materials.
- Project management, design of training formats and plans, development of style guides and templates for all documents.
- Worked with the Mobile and Zune Team to setup a SharePoint site and then a server for training materials. Also served on the Community Team, setting up the SharePoint site and developing internal training plans.
Confidential,2008 to 2010
- Development of training materials for all global personnel, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and providing learning opportunities for career enhancement.
- Managed the LMS, which was available on 14 ships, two training centers, and three maritime institutes. Created and maintained the Crew Purser blog and all communication with Crew Pursers.
- Conducted training onboard ships with Human Resource Managers and Clerks, Hotel and Dining Managers, Captains and First Officers.
- Contributed to and edited the quarterly environmental newsletter, served on the Environmental Planning Committee. Also wrote articles for the bimonthly crew and staff newsletters and served on the Safety Committee.
- Developed policies for harassment and discrimination, then developed mandatory training required by all employees. Served on various committees having to do with compliance and training and assisted other employees in development of training materials and requirements.
Design and Development of learning materials for launch of new Web site, LMS, and social networking tools
- Plateau LMS — development of training materials for Community Partners, Learning Partners, and WebJunction staff
- Wimba Classroom — variety of quick guides for members to access and use Wimba
- Blended Learning — development of learning materials for creation and offering of Blended Learning courses to members
- Creation of Writing Guidelines, Web guidelines for internal use
Confidential,2006 - 2008
CSO, Learning eXcellence Group, Design and Development of all learning materials for the following products
- Introduction to Display Advertising Training, PowerPoint decks and Job Aids, online learning module -- for Sales personnel and vendors, US and EMEA
- Process and Tools 101 Basic and Advanced, Role Training, US and EMEA
- Proactive Communication – soft skills training, US and EMEA
- Confirm Launch (Media Trust) for Sales, PowerPoint decks and Job Aids, online learning module (new product development)
- Mobile Ads training, PowerPoint decks, and Job Aids (new product development)
- Excel Order Creation Tool for creating bulk orders in display advertising (new product development)
Confidential,2006 – 2008 Continued
- Web Gadgets for extraction of various data into report format (new product development)
- Web Analytics training manuals, Job Aids, training PowerPoint decks, global Awareness Presentations, and ILT training with Support personnel
- Ad Expert, Ad Builder, and Ad Reports training for new release (4.x), manuals, PowerPoint decks, and Job Aids, US and EMEA (new product development)
- Client-facing documentation for Ad Reports and Web Analytics
- Basic html training
- Creative Asset Manager Tool (CAM) – training manual, PowerPoint decks, Job Aids, US and EMEA (new product development)
IT Solutions, Design and Development of learning materials for Siebel
- Development and implementation of Live Meeting trainings on Siebel with Sales personnel, development of manuals and PowerPoint decks
- Development and implementation of online on-demand learning modules on Siebel
Windows Live Messenger, online Help (new product development)
- Development of online Help system for beta and first RTW of Windows Live Messenger
- Communication and management of product for development team and localization, coordinated all information for current and upcoming release, managed all source documents, bug fixes, and information flow related to project development
Web Design and Development Confidential,2002 - 2006
- Development of Web sites and content, graphic design and search engine optimization of various Web sites, an herbal book, and advertising materials. Management of all content and graphics, functionality, testing, and implementation.
Confidential,2002 - 2005
- Staff member, Tulane University Medical Center, Standardized Patient Program, training medical students and preparing physicians for National Board exams. Instructed and evaluated students in the areas of vital signs, ear, nose and throat, respiratory and cardiac function, neurology and psychiatric exams.
- Emphasis on communication skills and role-playing scenarios for evaluative and instructional purposes.
Confidential,2000 - 2002
- Developed Web-based applications and Help systems for IBM StorWatch Magstar 3494 Peer-to-Peer VTS Specialist and IBM Magstar 3590 Tape Subsystem. This included design of learning materials, ongoing testing and development with end users, development of procedures and standards for online content, testing of proposed APIs, Web standards, and end user education (new product development)
- Developed training manuals, job aids, and Quick Reference Guides for multiple Magstar products, including Programmer’s Manuals, Introduction and Planning Guides, Device Drivers, and User Guides
- IDWB Project – developed training and informational presentations on transition from SGML to XML Editor software (new product development)
Confidential, 1997 - 1999
- Conducted ILT on Windows OS, MS Office suite, Project, Outlook, and html development.
- Where necessary and expedient, developed training materials for above ILT.
Confidential,1998 - 1999
- Primary corporate trainer with clients worldwide in scheduling software, database management, Web-based display software, and Microsoft Office and Windows OS.
- Authored User Manuals and online Help systems, worked closely with R & D on next generation of projects, developed training materials for database management and software guides.
- Hosted quarterly seminars nationwide with a focus on end user education, networking, and software enhancements.
Confidential,1997 – 1998
- ILT training both on and off-site with corporate clients, primarily Honeywell and state retraining program, as well as To’hono O’odaam Tribal Council.
- Customized training and materials to meet client needs, such as Project Management training prior to MS Project training, or Developing Pivot Tables in Excel.
- Instruction in all MCSE and MCSD courses, including all MS Office products, Access, MS Project, DOS, Quicken, QuickBooks, Outlook and Windows. Instructional Design of web-based and CD-based training courses, development of specialized training such as Project Management, Technical Writing, and Web design.
Confidential,Senior Technical Advisor 1996 - 1997
- Kosrae State Government, Federated States of Micronesia. Coordination, planning, proposals for all State Departments, monitoring of grant programs, implementation of large State projects. Obtained over $5 million in funding for wastewater treatment project.
- Developed all training materials and conducted monthly training with Directors and select State employees in areas of Project Planning and Implementation, Budgeting & Fiscal Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation, Communication Skills, Business Writing, Proposal Writing and Basic Computer Applications.
Confidential,Staff Instructor 1996 - 1997
- Instructor in Analysis and Writing of Short Stories, preparation of select advanced scholars for entry into the University system. Analyzed story structure and components, archetypes and models and criticism.
Computer Systems Analysis 1995 - 1996
- Travis County Juvenile Court, Domestic Relations Division. Computer systems analysis, troubleshooting and modifications; reconciliation of bank accounts and all funds; setup of general ledger and chart of accounts capabilities and correction of all existing data; research and problem solving.
- Developed standard operating procedures for all accounting and supervisory personnel; developed all computer documentation.
Applications and Tool:
Adobe Master Suite
Mobile Advertising, Firefox
Order Creation Tool
Ad Expert, Ad Builder, Ad Reports
Windows OS (3x through XP)
Windows 7 OS
Web Display Software (dAisy)
MS InfoPath, Publisher
Corel Paint Shop Pro
NiCare – HIS software
Creative Asset Management Tool
KenCare – HIS software