Seeking a challenging web development, java development or software development position.
Master of Software Engineering
Master of Computer
Bachelor of Science
Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
Recent Courses attended: Spring, Ajax
SUN CERTIFIED WEB COMPONENT DEVELOPER FOR J2EE[tm] PLATFORM
SUN Certified Programmer for the JAVAš 5 Platform
EMC Proven Associate Professional
Application Servers: NetDynamics, SunOne, Resin
Web Servers: Netscape Suite Spot, iPlanet Web Server, Apache
Hardware: Windows NT workstation, UNIX, MVS/ESA, VSE, and OS/390.
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP
J2EE Framework: JATO
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, IMS, MS Access
Tools: Crystal Reports, Adobe FLASH
Software Developer, Confidential, Dallas, Texas Aug '08 - Sept. '09
Advanced Service Analyst, Confidential, Texas May '03 - Aug '06
I worked extensively as a Storage Administrator. This involved working on various storage related processes such as allocation, de-allocation, zoning, performance analysis and deriving storagescope reports. EDS provides several storage offerings based on performance and availability. I used EMC ECC (Control center), Performance Manager and Storagescope for storage related analysis, functions and reporting. I was involved in the partial installation and initial configuration of Symmetrix and Clariion products. I used IBM ESS Specialist for storage related activities for IBM Shark Systems.
Information Analyst, Electronic Data Systems at Confidential, Pennsylvania January '01 - April '03
As a Java Developer assigned to Bethlehem Steel Corporation I worked on developing and maintaining several websites for use by Bethlehem\'s employees and clients. A brief description of the projects:
Technical Staff Member, Confidential, April '00 - August \'00
- SHE Migration: This project involves migrating the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) project from NetDynamics application server to SunOne application server. Worked on analysis and coding using JSP, Java Servlets, JATO framework, SQL Server database with Jbuilder editor.
- SunOne Migration Analysis: Researched on LDAP and JNDI as part of the analysis study to migrate Netdynamics applications to SunOne.
- RightFax Conversion: Rightfax product was used to efficiently send faxes across various locations. This product provides a "Fax Reporter" utility that generates daily, weekly or monthly reports for sent and received faxes. Worked on customizing the reports for the customer using Crystal Reports product.
- Financial Benefits: This project tracks the monthly financial benefit dollars and reports the cost benefit analysis. As lead developer on this project worked on the requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation. Coded in Java, HTML, JSP, Servlets and Java Script using SQL Server database backend and deployed on Netdyanmics application server.
- Credit Application: This system allows users to inquire about the credit history of organizations that are given reference by Bethlehem Steel. This Java web application runs on SunOne with SQL Server database as backend. Worked on maintenance and enhancements for this project.
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE): This system is a dynamic, user-maintained observational database for users to record observations and checklists related to People, Behavior and Environment. The project has two parts -- Web based entry system setup on Netdynamics platform with SQL Server database and reporting system built on MS-Access reports. Worked extensively on maintenance and enhancements for both web based and reporting system.
- Web Order Status: This project allows clients of Bethlehem steel to order and track the products online. Was involved in credit related enhancements on this project. It is deployed on SunOne application server with SQL Server database.
As a programmer assigned to Confidential, worked on providing secure websites for transfer of information (designs, documents etc.) within Lucent and between Lucent and its customers. Coded in HTML and CGI-PERL in an UNIX environment. Also worked on the design and construction of an internal experimental website. Analyzed the requirements of this website, structured and developed the site.
Application Developer Analyst, Confidential, PA, USA October '99 - March '00
As an application developer analyst, was responsible for analysis, coding, debugging and testing of software in migration from VSE to OS/390. Coordinated with other project members in fixing program bugs that arose during migration and when moving the system into implementation. Worked on enhancements and maintenance of the system. The programs involved COBOL and DB2 technologies.
Consultant, Confidential, NJ, USA March '99 - July '99
As a consultant assigned to Confidential, in Allentown, PA worked on converting the Local and Financial Applications and asynchronous file transfer (AFT) software package to be Y2K compliant. Performed initial analysis, developed project methodologies and performed three levels (Baseline, Validation and Aging) of testing on changed code for different subsystems. Converted JCL to reflect the changes, performed unit testing and production testing with end users.
Sr. Software Engineer, Confidential, Vienna, VA, USA Sept. '98 - March '99
As a Sr. Software Engineer assigned to Confidential, (Nov. '98 to March '99), worked on Y2K Code testing projects at client site in Los Angeles, CA, USA. Worked on converting the systems making them Y2K compliant. Performed Before Image Testing (BIT) & After Image Testing (AIT) of the modules, debugged & fixed the programs for the problems/errors found when performing AIT. The programs involved COBOL, CICS and IMS technologies.
Software Engineer Confidential, Hyderabad, AP, India July '95 - August '98
Confidential, executes software projects for multinational companies at its development site in Hyderabad, AP, India. As software engineer and as Sr. software engineer worked extensively on new development projects for Northwest Airlines Inc., USA (Jan '96 to August '98); and code conversion for Southern California Edison, USA (July '95 to Dec '95). Developed technical specifications, performed system analysis, wrote code, performed unit, integration and system testing for several mainframe development projects using COBOL, DB2, CICS and VSAM.
Status: US Citizen.