Synopsis of Professional Work Experience
- Over 20 years of enterprise IT software developer and technical manager experience.
- Over 20 years of IT technical experience in the mainframe development platform. Familiar with many M/F development tools, utilities and products such as COBOL, BASIC, CICS, DB2, IMS DB/DC, AIX, MQ, WebSphere, CICS/API, Stored Procedure, LU 6.2, APPC, DYL280, Ramis, REXX, Dialogue Manager, etc.
- Worked 12 years continuously as an independent consultant for GTE Data Services.
- Over 20 years of telecommunication software architecture experience in the system architectural design, life cycle application development and production support. Other expertise includes the design and implementation of DBMS, IT Security, and N-tier application architect.
- Extensive IT Architect experience in IT strategic planning & business operation that includes IT software standards program, offshore outsourcing, open source software implementation, IT security review, IT finance budget planning, vendor management, software evaluation/elimination, software contract negotiation, etc.
- Extensive experience in the implementation and management of several CIO initiatives which aimed to cut software total cost of ownership as result of corporate post merge activities (GTE, Bell Atlantic, NYNEX and MCI). Significant cost savings goal was achieved through software standardization, replacement, consolidation, outsourcing or elimination.
M.S. in Computer Science
B.S. in Transportation & Communication
2000-December 2008: held various positions in several functions of Confidential,Architecture & eServices and Product Design & Development team.
- During 2000-2002, participated in Confidential,first client server ordering application. Designed the CICS middleware stored procedures and API architecture. Managed API sub-team with 6 technical developers.
Major accomplishment: Application was successfully rolled out across VZ Telecom from 2000-2002. I was awarded “Verizon Excellence Award” in 2001.
- During 2003-2004 & 2006-2007, participated in CIO software consolidation & cost savings initiatives to plan strategies and manage the implementation teams to replace duplicated software products among different vendors.
Major accomplishment: 1. Completed Sybase, UTS, IBI and SAS (partial) elimination/consolidation, achieved annual license savings of over 10 millions. 2. Reduced license fee of one major vendor by approx, 50 millions over 3 years. 3. Conducted research and due diligence to assist team to negotiate with IBM, BMC, MS, etc.
- During 2004-2006, managed Confidential,governed the program to ensure Cross Functioning Team’s functions, requirements and Verizon architectural directions were met.
Major accomplishment: Developed and managed 2,000+ software products from
hundreds of commercial vendors. Implemented 500+ free open source software &
100+ common services via software standardization and governances processes.
- From 2007 to Dec. 2008, provided support to FIOS TV Media Manager Application. Managed and coordinated Media Manager security review, legal clearance, exception request, product requisition and other technical management support.
1988-2000: IT Consultant, Confidential,Oaks.
As a technical lead to develop and design 6 telecom application systems in the areas of service order provisioning, customer billing, toll and facility engineering management, etc. One system developed became GTE national system and rolled out to other GTE regions. The other developed system was sold by GTE to PacBell and other telecom agencies. Provided the production support, conducted migration projects in favor of technology refresh requirement. Most applications were developed under IBM M/F platform using COBOL, CICS/IMS DB/DC and IBM DB2 solutions.
1986-1988: MIS Supervisor, Confidential,LA, CA.
1985-1986: Senior Program Analyst, Confidential,Hills, CA.
1984-1985: Senior Program Analyst, Confidential,Newbury Park. CA.
1981-1983: Mini System Analyst, Confidential,Oklahoma, OK.
1976-1979: Senior Business Officer, Confidential,Taipei, Taiwan.