Retired Commonwealth Employee seeking opportunity to supplement income and apply IT skills in differing applications and situations.
01/2009 until present
Independent Business owner of Confidential
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
When starting the business I needed together all Business requirements.
Gather Hippa Requirements for employees.
02/2008 thru 12/2008 Confidential, New Cumberland, Pa.
Project Lead for Commonwealth of Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) for redesign of their Human Services Applications
- Facilitated Requirement Gathering "JAD" sessions
- Documented all components of the current application & supporting processes using Visio Horizontal Diagram Flows,
- Compiled and gained approval on current process flow deliverable
- Documented "To Be" functions and work flow for the new system which interfaced with SAP and other standard Commonwealth Human Resource Systems.
- New application to Integrate HR services across multiple Organizations within PSP
- Documented "To Be" system using Universal Modeling Language (UML) and MS Visio
- Project Management using Aqua Logic
- Worked with Object Builder Team to begin the implementation of UMLs
10/2005 thru 10/2006 Confidential
Acting Chief of the Eligibility Determination and Tracking Unit
Supervised a staff of 5 application developers
Supervised additional contracted staff
BIS Project Manager for Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS)
Developed Cost & Resource Estimates for various Projects
Facilitated Requirement, Development, Project Oversight, Implementation Meetings for various projects
Extensive knowledge of the Client Information System (CIS) and its associated Server applications (eCIS) as Master Client Index (MCI) and Application Entry (AE).
07/1980 thru 09/2005 & 10/2006 thru 06/2007 Confidential, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Held progressive classifications of Computer Programmer 1, 2 , & 3; Computer System's Analyst 2 & 3, Application Developer 3
- Extensive knowledge of CIS, eCIS, and various interfaces such as CWDS, Common Pa. Social Services Application (Compass), MCI, Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LiHeap), and Labor & Industry Interfaces.
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DMS) and Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS)
- Research, Analyze, and resolve application problems and customer questions
- Extensive Experience as Project Manager, Program Design, Coding, Testing, Implementation Support
- Involved with Training Staff to develop materials and worked with County Assistance Office (CAO) Staff during deployment of major system enhancements on multiple occasions
- Facilitated Requirement Gathering Sessions, Test Scenario Creation, Implementation Playbooks, and other phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Documented, Coded, tested, implemented various Online (TIP) Transaction Processing programs
- Trained new staff on the development environment, DPW specific terminology and on DPW applications
- COBOL, DMS, DPS, TIP, SSG, ECL, QLP, IQU, PADS, Oracle, Java, SQL2000, FTP, SORT, CTS, MS Word, EXCEL Outlook, Project, VISIO
- Production Support - identification & resolution of problem
Applied Business Programming Diploma