IT professional with 15 years on-site client experience, both Domestic and International. Demonstrated successful leadership in strategy, delivery and consulting practices. Strong technical profile combining programming, qualityassurance & design experience with exceptional problem solving skills. Adaptable, quick learner with demonstrated understanding and experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process. Able to operate effectively in both managerial and technical roles. Flexible self-starter with proven ability to achieve and influence in diverse working environments through effective leadership, communication and teamwork.
- A Dynamic .Hands-On Manager of Management - Varied, Multi - Locations & Multi - Cultural Teams.
- Experienced in Coordinating QA activities of geographically dispersed technical teams located in the USA, Australia, Germany, Vietnam, Kuala Lumpur, Ireland and Israel.
- Full Product Life-Cycle Development and Analysis (SDLC / Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma /client variations).
- Proven Proficiency in Manual & Automated test Framework & customized user scripts for parameterization using Mercury Interactive Load Runner, QuicktestPro, Win Runner, Test Director, SQA Robot & Apache JMeter .
- Requirement Analysis: Worked with Business partners, Gathering, Understanding, Analyzing & Participating in Requirements Reviews Discussions.Create functional specifications for the business needs, prioritize the requirements & Guiding Test Team Members for test case /Use Case creation.
- Planning: Participated in QA effort estimation. Prepared test execution plan, scheduled and determined resource requirements. Identifying project dependencies & Risks Assessment.
- Defect Management & Tracking: Track QA progress against schedule, efforts. Ensure adherence to established Processes and methods. Tracking defects raised by QA team members and retesting.. Creation of regression tests based on Critical Defects. Seamless communications to the management for Escalations, risks and issues.
- Documenting: Participated in software documentation process by writing all the Test planning activities to the Defect management to the Production release Versions. Review & verify processes have been followed prior to Production/Staging release. Reviews documentation authored by peers and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Deployment (Release ) Management & Production Support: - Develop & ensure compliance of departmental specifications, policies, and standards to guide the deployment and support of systems .Also responsible for release management, knowledge transfer & supporting the clients until they take over.
- Mentoring: Successfully trained, mentored and motivated onsite and offshore QA Leads engineers and test developers in areas of domain expertise and internal procedures.
- Process Improvement: Recommending problem solving methodologies and participate in formal project review analysis. Enhance the project capabilities by continuous improvements & innovation. Providing regular feedback to the senior management on the effectiveness of the QA process.
- METHODOLOGY: Agile, Water Fall & Scrum - solid working experience in all the sprints (planning, product backlog, review)Six Sigma, RUP, SDLC, Microsoft Framework.
- TESTING TOOLS MANAGEMENT : QTP (Quick Test Pro) , Test Director, Quality Center10x,Rally Software , RUP (Rational Unified Process), Win runner, Load Runner, Rational Robot, Astra Load Test, Silk Test, Apache Jmeter and other Open Source Test tools like -JIRA, Confluence , Selenium ,Test Plan & many others.
- SCRIPTING TOOLS: VBScript, Java Script, UNIX Shell Script, Perl Script.
- DATABASE: Oracle 11i, MS Access 2003, SQL Server 2000.
- DB TOOLS : MYSQL, PLSQL,SQL Developer ,TOAD
- APPLICATION SERVER: BEA Web Logic, Sun Application server, IBM WEB Sphere.
- WEB SERVER: Microsoft IIS, Apache, Sun Java System Web Server.
- LANGUAGES: Java, C, C++, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XHTML.
- OTHER :- AMDOCS Ensemble Billing,PVCS Version Manager, PVCS Tracker, Visio, Visual SourceSafe, UML,Visual Studio team system ,version One ,JIRA & Confluence .
- General knowledge of SAP Financials, BMC Remedy.
Confidential, USA-Sr.Manager /SDET (AutomationDevelopment,QA, Regression, Delivery & Deployment)Mar 2011 - Present (Working as Contractor)
Confidential, the QAdevelopment & Release /Deployment Activitiesof Flow Order Entry Portal (OEP) and Customer Care Application Portal (CP) for the AT & T's session based Pricing (SBP) product offering which is a Self Provisioning, On Demand data service with Balance Manager as a Central Part of the solution. Key session-based pricing products: Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, netbooks, laptop dongles.
- Leading a cross functional team to define project functionality for mobile and full web platforms. Utilize Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Generate high-level QA goals/objectives for each team aligned with Quality, Business, and Development objectives, with action plans and benchmarks to measure progress.
- Define and collaborate with Product Development leadership, QA product roadmaps to align with product development roadmaps, and high-level release test strategies.
- Apply principles of Agile QA daily to enhance and streamline test efforts
- Manage and lead direct reports with capacity to mentor and coach QA staff that are distributed in various geographical locations
- Effectively communicate with peers, PD teams, and entire PD group as needed: goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovations, and results
- Implement, gather, and report iteration and production Quality metrics which demonstrate business value and show continuous improvement
- Perform triage on production support issues in collaboration with Product Development leadership use SQL to support the root cause analysis for efficient investigation by the development team, and communicate updates to business teams.
- Manage & perform the Structural Testing - (White Box )by providing the Development & Testing teams with the Automated Perl scripts & Soap XML .
- Coordinate with Infrastructure/Operations administrators on the development/test/production promotion process
- Partners effectively with other QA managers on Performance, Security, QA team engagement, to help resolve QA wide issues
- Support after-hours or weekend production releases
- Participate in QA process improvement initiatives and cross-team/company activities
- Managed a Team of Manual Test Developers on Site /Offshore, Regression Testing team, Functional Testing team ( 20+) ,Automation Developers ( 4) & Deployment Management team.(4)
- Coordinate on- and off-shore resources and collaborate across internal departments on delivering solutions
Confidential, SrIT QA Manager/Lead Architect May2010 - Feb-2011(Worked as a Contractor)
Confidential, leading the way in entertainment, advanced communication and information technology.
Managed/Led a Software Test Engineers team of 12+ persons as Functional Manager , including hiring, firing/Feedback, mentoring, managing workload priorities, measuring staff performance and promoting professional development.
- Worked collaboratively with project managers & business developers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
- Led process improvement efforts, Developed, monitored and ensured adherence to new testing standards and procedures to meet agile development process to speed up testing and help business generate new revenue via new products.
- Led multiple projects simultaneously in agile development environment with respect to small teams, projects of 1-3 month duration, working closely with development, business analysts, other testers and infrastructure teams regarding product deployment
- Led and coordinated system integration testing, manage user acceptance testing with Marketing, Finance and business team for MCS (Mobile Content Solutions) group.
- Worked on browser based applications & Mobile Handset Applications ( Music, Ring Back Tones, Caller Tunes, Email ,Games ,Video on Android, Windows Mobile, RIM and or BREW platforms )focusing upon functional ,operation and usability.
- Perform testing and systems tuning efforts for Iconic Devices, Widgets, Mobile Payments and 3G/4G front ends to ensure the systems are more user friendly and maintain same look and feel across the content (Music, Video, Ringtones, Games, and Wallpaper etc.).
- Developed and implemented QA process saving up to 1/3 of the Release Phase time.
- Increased the project status visibility introducing the semi automated form accumulating information about test progress and change request/incident statistics.
- Multiplied efficiency of the software development process implementing the automated build production system.
Confidential, Sr .QA LEAD Manager (Consulting), May2009 - May 2010
Confidential, is a national information technology consulting Services Company with over 500 expert consultants located across the United States. Embracing their driving philosophy—"We can do that," consilium1 thrives on solving complex business challenges through innovative solutions in: Data Center and Networking, Security and Business Continuity, Enterprise Content Management, Emerging Technologies, Data Management, Enterprise Application Development & Integration, Resourcing & Managed Services, Hosting & Cloud Computing, and Collaboration & Messaging.
- Responsible for drafting QA implementation procedure policies and guidelines for the organization.
- Presently working on the project CAAS and leading QA efforts to determine test estimates during Sprint Planning.
- Coordinate with project management over test progress, test results, issues and risk assessment.
- Responsible for delivery of all project deliverables and provide recommendations for final release of software.
- Review the test cases and test scripts created by team to ensure timely and zero-defect deliverables.
- QA representative for all phases of product development and status & review meetings to discuss testing issues.
- Liaison between the customer and the Client during UAT and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Interview, train and Mentor QA Resources during different phases of the Project.
Confidential, Atlanta Senior QALead /Manager, Nov 2008 -May2009 (Worked as a Contractor)
Confidential, provides The Ultimate Online Experience® through Internet Connectivity, Collocation, Managed Hosting and Content Delivery Network services.
- Incorporated Agile/Scrum methodology principles within IT. Led vision, iteration planning, and retrospective sessions and worked with business stakeholders in definition and prioritization of stories for development team.
- Organized 8 QA resources. Performed manual, automated testing including functional, system and performance testing in all different Internet browsers (IE6/7, FireFox2/3, and Safari).
- Responsibilities Include -Requirements analysis, customer communications, application software swim lane design, software architecture, database administration, data migration, QAQC, systems management, project management using agile methods, full SDLC experience with multi-generation product development.
- Mentored automation resource in QuickTest Professional VB scripting, constructing scripts intelligently using looping and object wait properties.
- Created matured test beds to separate QA domain to better emulate client environments, administered the domain, including MS Virtual Server images, and MS Virtual PC images in .Net deployed and Citrix MetaFrame non-deployed test scenarios.
- Job operated within a very agile environment, employing 2-4 week sprints, daily scrum meetings, burn-down charts, task weighting, pair programming, refactoring, presentations and review.
- Researched, proposed, negotiated cost, and secured the purchase of Mercury Interactive QuickTest Professional (QTP) with Java & Dot (.)Net Add-ins and Test Director.
- Setup all users and groups, enforced the process flow transition rules within the IT Dept.
- Responsible for team developing Test Plans, QTP and Win Runner test scripts, perform manual and automated testing and defect tracking and resolution of C# .Net based applications and services. Develop VB .Net applications via the Test Director Open Test Architecture API.
Confidential, Atlanta Senior QA Lead, May 2002 - Nov 2008
Confidential, is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 293 million Americans where they live, work, and play.
- Mostly worked on IP/Telecom Billing Systems Development, Testing and Support experience with Amdocs Ensemble -Enabler system .Also worked as an advocate of automation who understands the proper times to apply an automation strategy and enhancement of manual methods.
- Actively supported UAT (User Acceptance Test (UAT), Sanity Test, Integration Test, OPT and Production Support with the Configuration Control (CC) and Methodology.
- Provided test planning, risk and issue management, contingency planning, scope management and metric reporting. Wrote and executed Installation, functional, regression, usability, load, security, and recovery and performance test scripts.
- In depth knowledge of the Billing and CSM (Customer Support Module or CRM) ,MAF & MPS Modules and also Subject Matter expertise in Message Processing, Mediations, Provisioning, Web, Middleware, Retail Activation Systems-Watson, CAM/ICAM, Payment Processing. Software design, development and running of test procedures, testing, systems validation test procedures, system testing, test engineering, test and evaluation, functional testing, manual testing, V & V, verification and validation and lab testing.
- Progressed through the ranks from QA Analyst to Sr .QA to Sr. QA Team Lead /Manager .
- Managed cross-functional project teams of 15+ Testers, designers, developers and technicians located in Atlanta, Bellevue & India.
- Developed VB .Net applications via the Test Director Open Test Architecture API. Developed custom test management processes for requirements gathering and tracking, manual and automated test planning and execution, and defect tracking and resolution
- Continuing enhancements of T-Mobile SDLC methodology by furthering the introduction of automated processes
- Performed End to End Testing including stress and performance testing using HP Load Runner and Test Center software tools.
- Applications being worked on:-SAMSON (customer service billing Front end, WATSON (Online Retail Application).CDR Generator, ENABLER USAGE, Samson Application Rating and Billing , T-Mobile Customer Care and Billing- Watson.
Confidential, ILTest Lead Engineer,Mar 2001 - May 2002
Confidential, Champaign, ILSoftware Test Engineer. Apr 2000 -May 2001
Confidential, NE SQA Technical Analyst Aug 1999- Feb 2000
- Master\'s in Business Administration -MBA -Marketing & Management Information systems
- Master\'s in Computer Applications in Software Technology and System Management
- Courses include E-Commerce, Secure Communications Technology, Database Management Systems, Fiber Optic Networks, Advanced Digital Communications, Fourier Optics and International Accounting.
- Graduate in Biophysical Sciences
COURSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- ITIL (IT Service Management Foundation V3)
- Essentials of Motorola Management, Situational Leadership, Project Management, Influence Management, Effective Communication, Career Management, Six Sigma Foundations, C++ Programming, Bluetooth, Advanced SQL,Clearcase & Many others .
- Master role juggler. Collaborative work style. Excellent flexibility. Ability to serve in a variety of project roles.
- People management skills, conflict managing skills, analytical skills, planning and organizational skills.
- Friendliness, dependability, good team worker, deadline oriented, flexible, hard working, expressive, formal and punctual.
- Strong written, analytic, verbal communication & Dynamic Presentation skills.
- Able to work from a home office
- Interests include traveling, photography, management reading, and web technologies.
- Sports include swimming & Tennis.
- Available upon request