- Eight plus years of experience covering all phases of SDLC - Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation, Documentation on heterogeneous environments.
- Experience in Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and implementation of full life cycle software projects using Java, J2EE, Struts, Hibernate, EJB, Servlets, JSP, Ajax, JDBC, JMS, JMX, PL/SQL, and XML.
- Experience in working with Object Oriented Design process and design review.
- Experience in BEA Weblogic Administration.
- Experience in UML Methodologies, RUP, Rational Rose.
- Experience in SOA, WebServices including SOAP, WSDL, Web Method's GLUE, Apache AXIS, JAX-WS, JAXB, StAX, SAAJ, JAXR, UDDI
- Extensively used JAVA and J2EE Design Patterns.
- Experience in Version control Tools like Microsoft VSS, CVS and Rational Clear case.
- Experience in Eclipse SDK 3.2. and Database tools like TOAD, DBVisualizer, and DB Artisan.
- Understanding of the Banking (Compliance, Risk, Corporate Security, Card Promotions, Money Wire), Fixed Income, Equities / Securities, Derivatives Domains.
- Understanding of FIX (Financial Information eXchange) protocol.
- Experience in Messaging Broker like Sonic MQ and IBM MQSeries.
- Experience in Data ware housing tool like Informatica (ETL), Microstrategy (Reporting).
- Extensively worked on Windows, UNIX.
- Extensive skills in ANT, JUnit and Log4J.
- Experience in RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, DB2.
- Experience in AML tool like Actimize.
- Experience in AGILE Development Methodology.
- Experience in developing Test cases, performing Unit Testing, Integration testing and production support
Java (JDK 1.5), J2EE
Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JMS, JMX
Struts, AJAX, Hibernate, Ant, Log4j, JUnit, PERL, LDAP (SSO)
BEA Web Logic 9.2 , Tomcat 5.0.9, WebSphere Application Server
Oracle 8i/9i,DB2, SQL Server, Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ
Tools / IDE
TOAD, DBVisualizer, DB Artisan, SQL, PL/SQL, Eclipse SDK 3.2, Actimize
Banking (Compliance, Risk, Corporate Security, Card Promotions, Money Wire), Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives, FIX Protocol.
Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0,Windows XP, Unix (shell scripts)
Version Control Tools
CVS, Microsoft VSS, Rational Clearcase
XML, XML Schema and XML Parsers
WSDL, SOAP, GLUE, AXIS, JAX-WS, JAXB, StAX, SAAJ, JAXR, UDDI
UML, RUP, Rational Rose, Erwin
Sonic MQ, MQ Series.
Informatica 6.1, Microstrategy
- B. Sc. Computer Science
- M. Sc. Computer Communication
- Working on CFA Level 1.
Confidential, NYC (Sr. Developer / Tech Lead, Apr 2007 - latest)
Associate investment policies have been created to supplement the Corporation\'s Code of Ethics and General Policy on Insider Trading. They are designed to further protect Bank of America and covered associates and contractors from insider trading liability and to avoid any actual or perceived conflicts of interest due to an associate\'s outside business activities.
This system has been designed to help facilitate the disclosure, review and approval processes that support associate investment policies to help ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and the highest ethical standards. The Surveillance System is built in such way any insider trading is compliant to laws and regulation.
- Creating stories, Sizing of Stories and acceptance criteria using Agile Methodology.
- Extensively used Java, J2ee design Patterns.
- Connected Savvion external server using webservices interfaces like WSDL, SOAP, GLUE, AXIS, JAX-WS, JAXB, StAX, SAAJ, JAXR for the workflow management. When the associate disclose their disclosure, the request will be added to the approval process to the manager and compliance officer using webservices call.
- Used Hibernate, XML Technologies.
- Involved in Writing SQL Queries, Database Design, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and packages.
- Responsible for Data Modeling using Erwin Tool.
- Used Perl Scripts to generate the customized report from the data dump for the business needs.
- As part of supporting other applications, handled performance tuning, transactional, threading and memory issues in the Multi Threaded environment.
- Extensively used JUnit for Unit Testing and Ant for application build.
- Implemented JSP, AJAX, Struts, Java Script for developing Web Interface.
- Responsible for Weblogic Administration (Connection Pooling, JMS queue and Topic configuration, web and enterprise app deployment).
- Responsible to create the Business Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Created the shell scripts to automate the trade feed file processing.
- Created some of the Microstrategy reports for the compliance reporting portal.
- Having experience from primary and secondary markets in Capital Markets.
- Involved in Foreign Equities (Closed-End Country Funds, Open-End Funds, Exchange Traded Funds
- Supported the derivatives trade flow including trade exceptions.
- Monitored the trade reconciliation reports and automated the process for management references.
Questionnaire Application - This application is used to submit questionnaires by marketers. Questionnaires are electronic forms documenting a proposed trade for counterparty for a specific product. The questionnaires are routed to compliance for approval/rejection based on proper risk disclosure being made to the customer.
Reconciliation Application - This application is used to confirm that appropriateness policy is being followed. The objective of this application is to verify that each trade conforms to appropriateness policy guidelines.
- Used Agile Methodology for Java development.
- Created distributed transaction handling using JMS, MQ Series.
- Created Data Mapping and implemented the data load from the flat feed files to oracle environment using Informatica.
- Involved in writing complex SQL Queries, PL/SQL blocks, indexes, storedprocedures, and triggers for the backend business process.
- In business, Defining the Single Leg and Multi Leg traded products for the system by having the discussion with Trading Team and defining the product complexity matrix based on sophistication level of counter party and product.
- In Fixed Income, Involved in analysing and implementing the price factors for government issued bonds and sovereign bonds.
- In Equity, Involved in the Equity valuation, Market Size, Liquidity and understanding of concentration for Capital market.
- Worked with Instruments of Derivatives Market (Credit Derivative, Options, Futures, Forwards, Swaps).
- In FX Market, worked with Trade team to implement the variety of factors that affect exchange rates.
- As part of supporting other existing applications, enhanced and developed the components for the Multi Threaded environment for high frequency transaction - performance tuning, debugging the application responsiveness.
Environment: Java, Eclipse 3.2, Sybase, Erwin, Weblogic 8.1, JMS, MQ Series, UML, ANT, JUnit, Log4j, Clearcase, Informatica, Unix.Exam Tracker (Confidential, NYC)
Confidential, uses Exam Tracker for tracking exams or cases for all lines of business. It provides consistency in how Bank of America responds to regulatory requests across the various lines of business.
It ensures all impacted LOB and support teams are engaged and informed of regulatory exam activity in their area. This application facilitates more consistent tracking, managing and reporting of exam activity across the Enterprise through common tracking and reporting tools.
- Implemented JSP, Struts,Java Script and AJAX for developing Web Interface.
- Extensively used WebServices (WSDL, SOAP, GLUE, AXIS, JAX-WS, and JAXB) to connect the FIRST interface for the document upload.
- Used Struts, ANT, JUnit, and Eclipse in the development environment.
- Involved in writing JMS queue implementation using IBM MQSeries.
- Taken care of deploying components in Weblogic environment for development, UAT and supporting Prod group to deploy it in Production environment.
Tables Front End (AR-FEA) Promotions and Statements
In Citicards, this system will provide a front end application that will replace the A/R template process used by the IT tables team. Additionally this project will automate update of rate history table based on values provided on the rate index table.
- Designed the system based on UML concepts, which include Use Case Diagrams, class diagram, sequence diagram.
- Implemented JSP, Java Script and CSSfor developing Web Interface.
- Involved in writing front tier, business layer and server side components using design patterns (proxy, adapter, business delegate, service locator, façade, business object, DAO and DTO).
- Developed separate module for administering the site, which generate reports for the management.
Confidential, July 05 - Jan 06
Confidential, is a card-based remittance product that allows funds to be sent to Mexico. However, it relies on a third party vendor and its model requires a broad customer service infrastructure that is not scalable or cost effective. In addition, associates in operations are utilizing a manual reconciliation process for SafeSend. The current product, which relies on a prepaid card issued by Bank of America, does not enjoy broad acceptance within the target segment because it assumes familiarity with card-based product
- Extensively used SOAP, WSDL, AXIS, and GLUE for the webservices.
- Created more number of web service interfaces and implementation.
- Created test framework to monitor the webservice request and responses.
- Worked with Multithreaded environment for the fund transfer to Mexico.
- Supported downstream and upstream systems during the webservice invocation for the Money Wire transaction.
Confidential, Nov 03 - June 05
Data Management system
The Data Management System originates from the need to migrate the existing survey-processing systems in the CSO from the VMS-based environment to a client/server environment.
It is estimated that within the CSO, there are approximately 150 applications/systems written and maintained by central IT and a further 250 end-user applications written and maintained locally. Rather than migrate these applications as they currently stand, it is hoped to consolidate as much common processing as possible into a suite of corporate applications.
- Prepared the Data Mapping design documents for data migration.
- Extensively used Informatica to migrate the VMS based data in to oracle.
- Extensively used JUnit, ANT, VSS, and Log4J.
- Used Swing for the front end development.
- Used EJB, JMS, and Sybase for this environment.
Environment: Java, JMS, IBM MQSeries, EJB, Swing, Weblogic 7.0, ANT, JUnit, PL/SQL, XML, XSLT, Sybase ASE 12.5, Sybase IQ 12.5, Informatica 6.1
Confidential, Nov 02 - Oct 03
Confidential, is designed to be a customer-centric, domain-independent billing system to provide innovative solutions in a convergent scenario.
Confidential, has been conceived to function as a product that will be able to bill any service provided by a service provider through the business rules around the service usage records or customer profiles or any look-up data. To achieve this, Apollo provides a completely flexible billing engine that provides highly developed and tightly integrated customer care functionality.
Confidential, customer care provides facilities which are beyond the conventional services and involves interactive relations with customers and value added services like service personalization, selection of convenient package plan, proactive personalized messages, promotional campaign etc.
- Extensively Used JSPs, EJB, Struts for the application development.
- Implemented Multi Threading for the billing system.
- Involved in writing complex SQL Queries, PL/SQL blocks, indexes, storedprocedures, and triggers for the backend business process.
- Migrated some for the legacy source system to Oracle using Informatica
Confidential, Bangalore, India (June 01 - Oct 02)
Clearing and settlement (C & S) for stock exchange operation using FIX
Confidential, system provides a range of services related to the clearance and settlement of trades on the exchange and the management of risks associated with resulting contracts. A clearinghouse is often central counter party to all trades on the exchange that is the buyer to every seller and the seller to every buyer.
Confidential, system is having versatile risk management module (RMM) to handle various risks factors such as a market risk, credit risk, replacement risk, liquidity risk, principal risk, custody risk and legal risk.
- Implemented FIX Protocol as part of FIX engine development.
- Worked on implementation of buy side and sell side in prime brokerage and clearing house modules
- Worked on exchange simulator to test our FIX engine.
- Worked on Admin Messages (Logon, Logout, Heartbeat, Resent and Reject Request)
- Worked on Application Messages
- Pre Trade - Quote Messages
- Trade - Single order, Multi Leg orders
- Post Trade - Allocations, Settlement and Position management.
- Taken care of Execution Report Messages (NEW, CANCEL, CORRECT, STATUS), Exec Types (New, Partial Fill, Fill, Cancel, Pending Cancel), order status (New, Partial Fill,etc.)
- Used JMS for the FIX engine communication.
- Created more number of MBean services as part of implementation of Elind Reusable components for system monitoring using JMX
- Implemented Thread pool, debugging Thread and concurrency issues.
Environment Java, JMS, SONIC MQ, SQL, Oracle 8i, Rational Clearcase, FIX Protocol, JMX.