- Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre - manufactured dosage forms.
- Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
- Assists in inventory maintenance and control. Assists in maintaining inventory contained in automated dispensing equipment.
- Demonstrates teamwork to maximize operational efficiencies. Accurately and timely repackages medications for bar-code technology.
- Assist in the processing of medications/requisitions to customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner. Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
- Handled telephone and written requests to verify and obtain insurance authorizations
- Screened and reviewed requests based on plan benefits and client criteria
- Facilitated resolution of drug coverage issues and proactively resolved issues
- Provided accurate procedures for medication exceptions
Picking Lead Technician
- Process all back order situations with the assistance of purchasing and or pharmacist
- Responsible for providing employees with timely, candid and constructive feedback to develop employees to their full potential