Technically astute, business oriented leader with a solid record of accomplishment with building world-class global network and transformational projects. Key strengths include network management, telecommunication, network security, data forensic analysis, network design, implementation and support of technology infrastructure that meet business needs. Advanced knowledge of implementing world-class data centers and provisioning large-scale networks that include security, telecommunication, VoIP and tele-presence/video. Strong leader with over 20 years of achievements working with Business leaders to accomplish their goals with visionary IT solutions.
Mechanical Engineering HTL
CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, MCP, CNE, CNA, CISSP (in process)
CISCO: Global Site Selector (GSS), CVP 8.5, CIPT1, CIPT2, ACE APPLIANCE LOADBALANCER, PIX- Microsoft: UAG/DA VPN- JUNIPER: SRX, JUNOS- NORTEL: 6400, 8000, XLR- LINUX- FEE BSD- FOUNDSTONE: STRETIGIC SECURITY- CHECKPOINT: NGX 6.5- BLUECOAT: ADN, Proxy, AV, PACKETEER- OPNET: ITGURU- NETWORK GENERAL SNIFFER UNIVERSITY: ATM, TCP/IP, INFINISTREAM - AVIDIA: XDSL- NEC: 2400- LUCENT: DEFINITY
Successfully completed the following high profile projects in the last 24 months.
- Built network for new state-of-the-art data center in Phoenix, Arizona colo-facility to replace legacy data center at corporate headquarters. Project was completed on time, within budget
- Designed and implemented remote VPN-based call center using voice over IP (VoIP) and screen-pop CTI solution for Oracle service module.
- WAN Acceleration design and implementation spanning over 80 Beckman Coulter sites with significant productivity improvement around application performance
- Design a fault tolerant WAN fabric to incorporate data Security, SIP-Trunking, Tele-Presence, VoIP, which will reduce the overall circuit cost by 25%
- Designed a multi-site and Fault tolerant Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) system upgrade that utilizes redundant SIP-Trunking combined with SIP Auto-Dialer and Enterprise Campaign Management, supporting 8000 Call-Center Agents
- Renegotiated existing vendor contracts and saved $1.7M without adding to the terms of contracts, commitment levels, or making any SLA changes
- Rebuilt global wide area network (WAN), moving from mixed topology to global MPLS solution. Project was completed on time, and resulted in a savings of 40% off existing network cost.
- Integrated network of major acquisition into corporate network, on time and under budget. Acquisition was based in Japan, with significant presence in Europe and US, and included a call center.
- Designed and implemented HA Cisco Meeting Place, providing SIP-based voice, video, and web conferencing
Sr. IT Engineer/Mgr- Network, Confidential, Jan 2011-present
- Responsible for the Enterprise LAN/WAN, Voice, and data Services architecture, Technology Standards as well as data Security.
- Operational responsibilities at 3rd level support of Infrastructure Services for physical and Virtualized Servers, Applications, DR, LAN/WAN, Wireless, Mobile, Unified Communications, Video, and Voice Systems
- Responsible for vendor selection, and management
- Worked vigorously across various internal business groups and developed a 3 year technology roadmap which enabled the business to realize the value of existing technology as well as better aligned IT projects with business requirements.
- Developed standards for both Network and Telecommunication technologies that enabled integration of data, voice, and video across heterogeneous technical platforms encompassing various networking equipment/appliance and PBX
- Designed a multi-site and Fault tolerant Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) system upgrade that utilizes redundant SIP-Trunking combined with SIP Auto-Dialer and Enterprise Campaign Management, supporting 8000 Call Center Agents
- Designed and implemented HA Cisco Meeting Place conferencing that supports the entire enterprise with 1800 fully fault tolerant trunks
- Designed and conducted a POC of Microsoft DA for internal VPN access as well as UAG for portal access to vendors and faculties with Global Site Selectors (GSS) for redundancy and DR
Sr. IT Analyst/Mgr-Network & Security Engineering, Confidential, July 2006-Jan-2011
- Managed Network Services budget and day to day operations of Network Engineering Services to over 10,000 global users in 100 sites
- Recruit, train, and lead a staff of 12 Network Engineers around the globe to provide support, in-house network setup, design, and troubleshooting including communications circuits
- Manage network-engineering projects from concept to completion while maintaining budget and timelines
- Co-authored initial network acceptance test plans, network installation/troubleshooting procedures, network transition/migration plans, and integration plans for new network technologies as well as Minimum Qualifications, and all associated platforms that comprise Beckman Coulter LAN/WAN network to assure delivery of all enterprise services to users around the globe
- Research, Develop, and Implement platforms such as SOHO and Cloud Computing that support the delivery of data, voice, video, and data security to end users as well as connected Beckman Coulter customer base
- Work with senior management to design and implement platforms to support network changes, network growth, and high throughput
- Travel to remote offices and hubs to meet with business management and site IT support, inspect equipment, installation and environmental to assure delivery of quality network services.
- Use network tools to monitor (such as SolarWinds, InfiniStream, NetMri, and MRTG) and evaluate network performance as well as bandwidth utilization trending.
- Managed network design for state of the art data center network solution, which supports over 800 Linux and Windows servers for global corporation with 100 WAN sites
- Managed technical design and implementation of global MPLS WAN solution featuring three global Providers for best overall cost structure eliminating SONET and other costly circuits.
- Led design effort to convert WAN routing schema from OSPF to BGP
- Led design of VoIP based Technical Call Center, including screen-pop on agent\'s home computer.
- Led design and implementation of Mobile PDA VPN that supports over 2500 Service Engineers servicing Beckman Diagnostic Instruments around the globe
- Led design and implementation of global QoS that supports CoS for Data (such as Oracle, EDMS, Lotus Notes), VoIP (Siemens,) and Telepresence (Polycom)
- Deployed enterprise wide 14 Bluecoat Content Filtering and Proxy Systems in strategic locations that intercept user Internet traffic and access
- Designed and deployed Juniper SRX5800 and SRX3400 for internal and external data security system that provide up to 120 Gbps of firewall and 30 Gbps of IPS throughput
- Led design and deployment of seven Juniper AS6500 systems in strategic locations around the globe, which provide multi levels of connectivity to 7000+ BCI users as well as vendors and customers
- Led design and deployment of multiple Cisco 6509 with ACE Services Modules as well as ACE 4710 appliance for load-balancing applications in BCI Data Center and DR locations
Sr. Network & Security Analyst/Architect, Confidential, Dec 2003-July 2006
- Responsible for overall data security planning, design and management
- Designed and Implemented McAfee Intrushield IPS systems that intercept WAN traffic
- Designed, implemented, and managed global clusters of Checkpoint firewalls that protected multiple Data Centers
- Designed and implemented fully redundant and resilient VPN technology supporting 12000 internal users as well as 2000+ external vendor and distributors
- Responsible for SOX compliance
Sr. Systems/Network Architect, Confidential, Sep 2002-Dec 2003
Sr. Project Systems Engineering, Confidential, Mar 2001- Sep 2002
- Functioned as Network Architect for LAN/WAN, and Telecomm as well as third level support for CLEC technical issues, Security (TCP/IP, ATM, PBX, Cisco, Nortel Routers and ATM Switches as well as high-speed circuits) design issues, and Project Management.
- Tested and debugged DSL/DSLAM switches. Worked with vendors and evaluated services.
- Redesigned WAN infrastructure that improved QoS and lowered the operating costs
- Implemented multiple Microsoft Web Terminal Server VPN for remote connectivity to Servers, which enabled faster response to after-hour issues as well as remote monitoring.
- Designed and implemented call centers for customer service and sales utilizing NEC 2400 IPX and Avaya, Zeacom Smart Connect Call Center and IVR, Which serviced up 1500 CPH
- Designed and implemented security policy including Intrusion Detection, load balancing, and HA
- Designed and implemented remote access for SOHO and remote users, utilizing Netilla for VPN and Cisco PIX
- Evaluated Avaya system against Cisco UCCE for Contact Center Platform
- Member of Product Support for Avidia (DSLAM) and functioned as level 4 support and test Engineer. Designed and managed System and component tests.
- Debugged, tested, and troubleshot SW/HW for DSLAM, POTS, and DSL modems using analyzers and test tools (Fireberd 6000, HP 7000, AdTech 4000, AdTech SX12, SmartBits, ATMbook, and WANbook.)
- Troubleshot/tested customers WAN (ATM: Cisco LS1010, 7206, 3606, and Fore ASX 200), LAN (Ethernet: XDSL Cisco 2600, Cat 5500, 2900, and Nortel Accelar 1200), VPN (RedBack SMS 500/1000, Cisco 7206), CPE, and related equipment using various technologies: DS-1, DS-3, OC3, IMA, etc.
- Recreated, resolved and documented issues as well as beta tested software.
- Instructed formal Basic/Advance Routing and Switching/ATM/ DSLAM/Ethernet training courses, designed for field System Engineers as well as customers.
- Managed Switch-ware upgrade project and coordinated between manufacturing and SE's as an on-going engineering projects, which required customer's HW replacement internationally that supported several thousand subscribers
Sr. Network Analyst, Confidential, Orange, CA Feb 2000 - Mar 2001
- Designed and implemented WAN & LAN (part of NOC Services,) performance monitoring and Capacity planning of corporate and Client's Networks.
- Managed Volt Services Group Enterprise Network Project, which included Vendor Selection and Negotiation for High-Speed Circuits and Cutover schedules.
- Designed and implemented a 314 office Wide Area Network for Voice & Data based on Frame Relay over T1 into two groups of eight T-1 IMA and ATM DS3 with redundant and geographic dispersed Nortel Networks Passport 6480s utilizing BGP4.
Network Manager, Confidential, 1994 -Feb 2000
- Managed the infrastructure that included Network, System, Telecom, and Application for over 500 local and remote users in 32 offices nationally including Call Center Services in CA.
- Implemented New Bridge Channel bank MUX and MCK digital phone Extenders to bring Voice and Data to 9 offices in Southern CA
- Implemented Novell servers with Multi-Protocol Router cards for connectivity to remote sites
- Replaced all routers with Cisco 1601, 2501, and AS5200 and deployed Frame Relay
- Designed and project managed implementation of 3 Lucent Definity G3 systems in 3 distributed call centers
Network Security and Appliance: Network General InfiniStream, Sniffer Pro; Distributed Sniffer; Bluecoat 8xx, 8xxx Proxy Caching, Content Filtering, Acceleration and AV; Net Sense Content Filtering; ISS sensors; MacAfee Intrushield IPS 2600, 2700, 3000, 4xxx; Juniper SRX 3400, 5800 with IPS; Nokia Checkpoint FW; Packeteer Packetshaper; NetMRI InfoBlox; Shunra WAN Simulator; Riverbed Accelerator; Juniper WX Accelerator, SSLVPN SA 2500, SA4500, SA6500; Nortel VPN Contivity; Netmotion Wireless Mobile VPN, Cisco PIX, VPN 3000, WAAS, Loadbalancer CSS 11xxx, ACE 47xx and ACE 6500 modules; Symantec Sygate; Polycom Telepresence TPX, HDX, CMA 5000/4000; Opnet IT Guru and System Planning, ACE Analyst; Aruba Wireless; Citrix Netscaler 7000, 9000
Routers: Nokia 380, 530, 710; Cisco 8xx, 18xx, 28xx, 29xx, 39xx, 65xx, 7xxx, 12xxx, ASR 1xxx; Nortel AN, ARN, ASN, BL, BLN; RedBack SMS 500, 1000; Juniper M/J series, SRX 210, 240, 650, 3400, 5800.
LAN Switches: Cisco 29xx, 3xxx, 5xxx, 65xx; Nortel Networks BS 3xx, BS4xx, Accelar 1200 and PASSPORT 86xx, 83xx; Juniper EX4200, EX2500, EX8200
WAN Switches/ATM: Cisco LS1010; Marconi (Fore) ASX-200, ASX-1000, LE155; Nortel PASSPORT, 6220, 6440, 6480, 6500, 7400; New Bridge 3600, 3624;
Network Management: Cisco View CWSI, HP Open View; Nortel Networks Optivity; Visual Networks uptime PAM; Concord; Orion Solarwind; Juniper NSM; Bluecoat Director; MRTG; Smoke Ping
Telecommunication and test equipment: Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), ARC, Exony/VIM, Cisco IPIVR and CVP; Avaya, Lucent Technologies Definity and Audix Voice mail; NEC IPX 2400, Smart Connect Voicemail and IVR; Nortel KSU System with Norstar Voice mail and Cintech ACD; MCK Voice extender 836/837, 1000+, 2000, 3000e, 6000, Voice Over IP 4000, 8000; Siemens VOIP, Opticlient; HP 7000, AdTech SX2-312, SmartBits, ATMbook, WANbook