Innovative, results-driven Professional offering 20+ years’ executive management and leadership experience in diverse industries, including financial services, insurance, investments, research, and manufacturing.Demonstrated ability to drive growth, performance, and profitability on a global scale. Assemble and lead cross-functional teams to manage and execute complex global IT initiatives. Leverage technical ability, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills to cogently respond to challenging, unique situations. Consensus builder and change agent able to develop and maintain win-win relationships with all staff, including C-level executives and key decision makers. World-class individual, committed to teamwork and leading by example.
Areas of Expertise:
Information Technology – Strategic Partnerships – Portfolio & Project Management – IT Solutions Development & Implementation Global IT Outsourcing – Strategic Planning – M&A – Divestures – Negotiation Tactics – Customer Service – Cross-Functional Team leadership – IT Infrastructure – Budget Management – Forecasting – Financial Systems - Corporate Restructuring & Turnaround
Professional Experience Confidential,
Westlake Village, CA 2003 to Present
Global provider of publishing, financial, information, and media services.
Senior Director, Information Technology
Maintained and expanded role following McGraw’s $330M acquisition of JDPA. Manage all infrastructure and application related technologies and matters on a global scale, with $12M budget. Partner with and provide portfolio and project management expertise to business unit CIOs, ensuring timely completion of all strategic projects and initiatives. Strategically align JDPA business needs with customer demands and corporate goals, policies, and procedures.
Manageglobal M&A activities, with broad knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).Lead annual demand planning; ongoing customer demand; identify and prioritize updates and procure and manage necessary resources.
- Lead IT strategy and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation
- Manage application development and ERP large scale initiatives across multiple business units
- Drive cost savings and improve efficiencies through Server Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and Storage on Demand (average annual savings of $2M for JDPA $50M for MHP).
- Initiated and managed a global infrastructure outsourcing and have managed the ongoing business unit experience for past 6 years (Wipro).
- Built and managed Global Operations and Infrastructure Project Management Office (GO&I PMO). Supervised 25+ Project Managers responsible for 500+ projects per year totaling $52M+ annually. Projects ranged from $300K to $12M.
- Managed the 2-year global integration of JDPA into McGraw-Hill, impacting 1,000+ employees worldwide encompassing; all infrastructure, financial, human resource and internal systems.
- Saved $2M- $3M dollars per year by designing and outsourcing new global image editing solution for JDPA paper based surveys
- Implemented BPM initiatives around employee onboarding, project and portfolio management, work intake, datacenter optimization, and annual and ongoing customer demand management.
Senior Director, Information Technology Confidential,
Joined JDPA to lead a corporate restructuring and turnaround effort to position and preparethe company for sale. Was a key participant in the sale of the company via a Dutch auction to The McGraw-Hill Companies.Designed and implemented overall IT strategy and direction globally. Scope included application and product development, web services, financial systems, and company infrastructure. Led the migration of JDPA’s international offices to J.D. Edward’s financial system and implemented standardized information technology process and procedures globally.
Pasadena, CA 2001 to 2003
France-based multinational corporation offering fresh dairy products, bottled water, and more (Marketed in U.S. as Dannon.)
Director, Infrastructure North America
Led 10-person team in managing business intelligence, decision support systems, enterprise resource planning (ERP), data extraction,budgeting and forecasting. Developed P&L and balance sheets.Validated and cleaned data. Leveraged internet/intranet sites to provide support to diverse products. Used MicroStrategy, Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Hyperion Essbase, Lotus Notes, and 150 customized Notes databases to achieve corporate goals and strategic objectives.
- Restructured and stabilized ERP system. Implemented new controls and identified financial risks. Transitioned operations to West Coast to improve access and stability of business-critical information.
- Improved sales and manufacturing productivity and reduced costs after stabilizing Lotus Notes database environment and transferring solutions to appropriate environments.
- Member of the senior IT leadership setting the overall mission, strategy and direction of global information technology
Confidential,Calabasas, CA 2000 to 2001
Tax Accounting and Portfolio Management Software
Director, Information & Internet Technology
Drove business development efforts and product development and design initiatives. Designed “best in class” web-based portfolio management solution. Negotiated and received multimillion-dollar funding offers to build solution. This also included:
- Portfolio Management product design and development
- Client Relationship Management
- Infrastructure Architecture and Design
- Extensive fundraising via venture capitalists, investment bankers, and corporations
Confidential,Los Angeles, CA 1989 to 2000
Leading provider of insurance, investments, and retirement products and services.
Assistant Vice President, Information Technology
Implemented and managed all IT supportinga $46B investment management portfolio. Developed customized investment systems tools. Oversaw the a highly available automated trading floor that integrated diverse financial information services, including Bloomberg, Telerate, ILX, Reuters, Dow Jones, and more. Managed all portfolio management and accounting systems. Hands-on experience in daily trading activities. Optimized technology performance to maximize support of fixed income, equity and derivative income business lines.
- Instrumental in allowing company to double assets under management (from $25B to $46B)in 10 years.
- Promoted from Senior Systems Analyst to AVP in less than 2 years due to outstanding performance and results
Previous Professional Experience Confidential,
Los Angeles, CA
Wholesale insurance broker serving as an intermediary between independent insurance agents and the nation’s top insurance carriers.
Systems Support Specialist Confidential,
City of Industry, CA
Multinational financial services corporation, with one of the world’s largest networks, with 16K offices in 140 countries.
Regional Financial Analyst
B.S. Finance & Business Economics