- A results - driven, dedicated professional with solid experience in Product Standards and Environmental Engineering
- Sound knowledge on different international product standards and environmental laws such as Confidential, WEEE, REACH, etc.
- Strong technical background on chemical composition of different materials and material construction of different electrical and mechanical components.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), internet, email
- Good written communication skills including ability to prepare accurate technical documentation.
- Well-organized, self-motivated individual with ability to rapidly learn new tasks.
- Formulated instructions based on product safety and performance standards about the essential requirements for product certification.
- Provided applicable product standards and classification opinion based on the revision of the supporting documentation, inspection results and test reports.
- Authorized the certification of products.
- Participated in the technical resolution of disputes, claims and complaints.
- Liaised with Trade, Valuation, and Inspection Centres in Asia, Middle East, Africa, and Europe to get additional information required during processing of files.
- Reviewed and certified BOM (Bills of Materials) to ensure compliance with customer environmental requirements and all relevant environmental laws and regulations.
- Monitored and understood environmental legislation such as Confidential as well as any other legislation affecting design and manufacturing of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) products.
- Interpreted customer environmental requirements and checked conformance to their specifications in terms of banned and restricted substances.
- Accomplished environmental documents of customer such as CoC, Material Declaration and other Hazardous Substance Survey for Telecom business unit of Emerson where I was in-charge.
- Reviewed vendor third party lab test reports and material declaration.
- Trained design teams in environmental requirements and supported them and manufacturing teams in regards to environmental compliance.
- Handled, processed and checked the quality of wafer using metrological tools (electron microscope and nanospecs).
- Ensured good quality output based on defined parameters and control on-time delivery of products.
- Conducted experiment based on DOE (Design of Experiment) and COV (Components of Variance).
- Ensured production downtimes are properly recorded and attended.
- Performed minor tool set-up and machine adjustment.
- Took lead role in improvement programs like SPC, TPM, and 5S.
- Reported to manufacturing supervisor and observed line abnormalities, whether it is machine, process or material.
- Escalated problem(s) encountered to manufacturing supervisor.
- Assisted other engineers (process, maintenance, IE) during evaluations.