I was a temporary laborer for the line department in North East, MD. I supervised twelve direct reports in three districts for Delmarva Power, managed agreements with vendors & contractors for equipment needs, consistently sought ways to expand current procedures or create new ones to meet customer needs, all while remaining in compliance with SOX controls. Worked closely with other departments in efforts to improve relationships, and readily share information in regards to department processes and policies.
- Work Ethics & Integrity
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Motivating Others
- Building Relationships
- Leading Others
- Holding People Accountable
- SOX Audit/Controls Experience
- Environmental Health & Safety Focused
- Scheduling & Planning
- Fact Checking
- Clear Written & Verbal Communications (English)
- Ability to Acquire & Apply Knowledge Rapidly
- Effectively Handle Multiple Tasks Simultaneously
- Direct a Geographically Dispersed Team
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- 10 Key
- Data Entry
- Took proactive approach to safety by reinforcing safety regulations/policies in place.
- Perform monthly site inspections in three districts, to ensure we remain in compliance of regulating laws & taking action when necessary; we had zero environmental citations during my post as Supervisor Storeroom Operations, DPL
- I believe due to the constant reminders of working safely and leaving work the same as arriving, along with monthly field inspections as employees perform their job duties.
- Attend monthly staff meetings with my manager & counterparts across the company.
- Meet with vendors/contractors for business needs such as equipment repairs or new equipment purchases (fork lifts, racking for material, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments (i.e. Substations, Operations, Cable) to improve interdepartmental relationships & continually educate on Stores policies & procedures.
- Research and fact check various topics of discussion.
- Maintain department budget, remaining within allotted operating costs/looking for cost - savings, & tracking monthly quotas for inventory counts to maintain 96% inventory accuracy.
- Continually providing adequate support to customers by listening to their needs, and working collaboratively toward a solution in the best interest of both parties.