To obtain a challenging position, with growth potential, as an IT Specialist / Architect that will capitalize upon the expertise and experience acquired throughout my career to date.
Summary of Qualifications
- Technical professional with many years of progressive information technology experience as an IT specialist, lead engineer, senior technical officer and network administrator.
- Highly experienced in PC and network architecture including the planning, installation, configuration, upgrade and deployment of server and large-scale LAN infrastructures.
- Proactive leader and conceptual thinker with a superior work ethic. Highly skilled in mentoring staff and end-users and project leading strategic technical initiatives in support of global users.
- Proven expertise in staff/user training, supervision and communication, project logistics, workflow management, user account administration/control, and customer/vendor relations.
- Seasoned IT specialist who can analyze requirements and design/deliver innovative technical strategies and solutions. Energetic, loyal and self-motivated team player/coach with proven honesty and integrity.
- Comprehensive background in the full project development lifecycle from initial concept through completion. Efficiently managed multiple, concurrent and senior-level projects and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track record for delivering superior results across complex LAN/WAN infrastructures. Skilled in collaborating with and directing multidisciplinary IT staff across multiple cultures.
- Exceptional oral/written communication, interpersonal, intuitive, multi-tasking, organizational, technical, troubleshooting, problem solving and leadership skills. Thrive in both individual and group work arenas.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Windows Server NT/2000/2003 Enterprise Technology
Windows and Veritas Cluster and Storage Specialist
Microsoft Exchange 2007
VMware ESX 3.X
Project Planning and Control
Big Fix Enterprise Patch Management System
Symantec, McAfee and Trend Micro antivirus
Minimum Linux and Mac experience
Senior Security Consultant at a US Government Agency 10/09 - Present
- Developing and Deploying BigFix Patch vulnerability, asset management and software deployment system for over twenty thousand Clients including DMZ clients and Laptops.
- Providing architecture, training and deployment expertise for a nationwide deployment BigFix Solutions.
- Mentor and train security operations team.
- Intrusion Detection and Security Information Management.
- Incident Management and Security Portal Development.
- Develop SOC workflow and document processes and procedures.
Confidential,Jersey city, NJ
AVP / Senior Engineer, 11/04 - 12/08
- Redesigned and reengineered Desktop and Server antivirus systems across the entire organization.
- Designed, engineered and implemented antivirus defense system across the company Microsoft Exchange platform.
- Designed and implemented Windows Server imaging system using the vendor SDK to provide centralized. Platform management to protect the firm against zero day attacks as part of worm mitigation project.
- Designed and implemented BigFix Patch and Vulnerability Management for over 70 thousands Clients including DMZ Servers and out of band laptops globally.
- Collaborated with Symantec, ISS, Whole Security, and Cisco to evaluate their HIPS products and services.
- Evaluated and implemented Symantec–VERITAS Storage Foundation for Windows clusters storage systems on EMC and Network Appliance.
- Redesigned and reengineered VMWARE ESX 2.5 environment to version 3.x with Vmotion. Migrate over 200 Physical servers to Virtual cloud using third party software, trained operations and system administrators and provided level III support globally.
- Implemented virtual Desktop servers farm on Windows Servers, over 100+ VDI’s.
- Design implemented, and second, third level support Windows based OS Servers.
- Innovations in “green” initiatives and performance monitoring have resulted in $3 million in annualized Save in 2008.
- Trained operations and System Administrators. Authored technical materials, and provided Level II/III support to all global regions including users in London, Japan, India and New York.
Confidential,New York, NY
Senior Technical Officer /Team Leader 4/98 – 11/04
- Provided security support for the organization’s E-Commerce infrastructure, which reduced system outages and operational risk over 10%. This utilized a combination of Symantec Intrusion Detection, Systems Policies Monitoring, and Anti-Virus software.
- Maintained the security software for the corporation’s Lotus Notes e-mail gateway that prevented malware from entering the environment and degrading systems performance.
- Installed, configured, and remediated server software on the corporate Internet/Intranet that conformed to JPMorganChase’s IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Managed and mirrored two disaster recovery sites to synchronize with the main data centers.
Technical Officer/Team Leader 1/97 – 4/98
Provided global support for the organization’s anti-virus initiatives using Symantec’s Anti-Virus and Trend Micro products. Acquired, tested, and prepared the anti-virus software and updates for deployment to over 75,000 servers, desktops, and notebooks. Wrote detailed installation procedures/scripts and documentation for systems administrators and end-users, using Word, Lotus Notes, and batch files.
Senior Systems Analyst 5/88 – 1/97
Supported the client-server environment of over 500 branches and back-office locations. Provided second and third-level Help Desk assistance, security and anti-virus measures, new product evaluations, end-user training, installation/maintenance of hardware/software, and the troubleshooting of day-to-day problems.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes