Possess more than 10 years of experience in computer operations and software engineering, using a variety of languages within several environments. Background includes more than 10 yrs of full lifecycle software development, software maintenance (find, analyze and resolve software defects) and working in a team software development (5 or more team members).Looking for a long term employment opportunity in a stable environment.
MS Management Information Systems
BS Business Administration (Major: Finance)
Confidential. – Reston, Virginia (01/09 to Present) – Contractor
- Responsibilities include programming, testing and deployment of the Executive Office System (EOS – 508 Compliance) for the State Department in Powerbuilder 11.5 for the LAN portion andVisual Studio.Net (ASP.Net and C#) and Crystal Reports XI for the WEB. Work also included writing and tuning complex SQL/Embedded SQL & PL/SQL scripts for stored procedures, packages and triggers using the TOAD editor as well as analyzing requirements and writing design documents for enhancements.
- Also involved in the configuration management of this application using ClearCase/ClearQuest assignment involved the migration of this application from Powerbuilder 9 to Powerbulder 11.5. The backend migration involved an upgrade from Oracle 9i to 10g in a Unix environment.
- Other duties involved assisting the database team in designing and normalizing the database using Erwin as well as maintaining security configurations.
- Other tools used in support of this project includes Remedy and Lotus Notes.
- EOS is a system which provides Grant Management and Budget Management to four Department of State bureaus: (1) Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), (2) Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL), (3) Bureau of Oceans, Scientific and International Environmental Affairs (OES), (4) International Information Programs (IIP). The EOS system supports full Grants lifecycle inter-office workflow and reporting, budget tracking for all funding and commitments and reconciliation for DOS’ financial system. The system also supports two-way data integration with Grants.gov and GFMS.
- This application facilitates the Pre-award, Award, Post-Award and Closeout phases of grants management.
- The budget office module is built in Power Builder 9 and later migrated to Powerbuilder 11.5.
- Proposals submitted for solicitation at Grants.GOV are received by EOSGGOV service (a windows service written in .NET) consuming a web service which downloads the proposals and their attachments and stores them in the Oracle database.
- The EOSPM web application is used by program office to review proposal and award grants.
- The web application has a reporting system using Crystal Reports for .NET to produce on demand parameterized reports.
- It uses infragistics web controls for UI elements.
Confidential. - Fairfax, Virginia (10/07 to 01/09) – Contractor
- Worked as a contractor for the US Military’s Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS - 508 Compliance).
- Responsibilities include: Release and Program Maintenance using PowerBuilder 10.5 and Oracle 10g. Work with Team Lead in fixing defects from the field and in house testers for the Database Cleanup release effort. Assign tasks and assist junior developers. Supporting the mapping portion of the application using ArcGIS. SVN was used as source control configuration tool.
- Supporting all military sites across the nation and around the world using Remote Desktop and/or Citrix Metaframe.
- Assisted in migrating this application to a Visual Studio.Net using ASP.Net and C#.
Confidential. – Sterling, Virginia (11/06 – 09/07) – Contractor
- Maintainence and enhancements of the Visual Claims product which was build in Powerbuilder 9. Some of the responsibilities include, migrating the current version to Powerbuilder 10.5, writing Stored Procedures in Sybase ASE and developing ASP.Net pages to support the web components of this project as well as GIS tools like Arc View. Visual Claims is used in house to track patient visits, process insurance claims, provide information regarding in network and out of network providers as well as credentialing healthcare providers. Websites are maintained for providers who upload articles of information for patients and the user community. The GIS tool is used to provide the user community to track providers across the country. This information is then used by the Customer Service which is a type of an in house call center to communicate the information to patients calling in. Used Visual SourceSafe as a configuration management tool.
Confidential– Sterling, Virginia (05/06 – 11/06) – Contractor (Production Support Analyst)
- Provide technical support for a Labor Costing and Distribution application which was migrated from Powerbuilder 5 to a .Net environmentwith C# and ASP.Net against an Oracle 10gdatabase, including: - Installation and testing of the application - Monitoring performance. - Backups and recovery of archived data. - Monitor issues and provide problem resolution. - Writing Stored Procedures and Triggers. -Provide software enhancement for management and regulatory changes.
Confidential – Fairfax, Virginia (08/05 – 05/06) - Contractor
- Worked on a project called Strata Enterprise which stands for loan tracking strategies in financial institutions. Strata Enterprise is a rule-based decision system that facilitates customer management across organizations in order to support continuous strategy improvement. The decisions that Strata Enterprise makes are tracked for performance reporting purposes. This application is built usingPowerbuilder 10.5 with PFC for the user interface. Oracle or Sybase runs on the backend depending on the various customers’ databases. Some of the complicated modules that use Active X controls are developed using C++. A typical task for this position includes writing requirements, functional and technical design docs and test scripts for unit tests besides fixing defects as well as developing new enhancements for the improvement of the system. This task also involves configuring and deploying the application on Windows 2000 and XP machines. This deployment includes installing the executable, dlls and the client for Oracle and Sybase which connects to the various instances of these databases. An essential task in this project involves translating technical aspects for training purposes. This project is ISO 9001 certified. Rational Tools like Clear Case and Clear Quest was used for configuration and document management.
- Due 50% of the tasks involved upgrading databases from one version to another. These tasks involved upgrading from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and Sybase 11.5 to Sybase 12.0. The front end application was migrated from Powerbuilder 9 to Powerbuilder 10.5
- Experience in this project included implementing real-time messaging and programming TCP/IP socket communications using C and C++.
Confidential– Suitland, Maryland (05/05 – 08/05) - Contractor
- Worked on a three month project for the Census Bureau in Suitland, Maryland. This project involved surveys for field representatives built using Powerbuilder 8 connecting to Oracle Lite in aWindows XP/Novel environment and ALMI’s GPS mapping software. Migrated these surveys to Powerbuilder 9 and also introduced PVCS as a version control software and PowerGen to build the application.
Confidential- Washington DC (10/04 – 05/05) - Contractor
- Worked on a project with the Department of Education’s Grant Administration & Payment System. It involves accounting transactions using General and Sub Ledger accounts based on the First In First Out (FIFO) and Last In Last Out (LIFO) payment methods and awards to institutions around the country.
- Powerbuilder 9 is used as a front-end client server tool to assist users of the department to respond to the requests from these institutions. The requests are all made through the web via the E-Payment module running on an ASP based web solutions. Both the front end and the web page connect to an Oracle 9i database where all the information is currently stored. It’s a huge system that has about 500 tables, 100 stored procedures and triggers, more than 100 pbls consisting of windows, datawindows and user objects.
- This application consist of complicated business rules that are often changing and its written and maintained both in Powerbuilder’s non visual user object using embedded SQL as well as Stored Procedures written in Oracle using PL/SQL in a TOAD editor.
- The deployment aspect of this application is so well fine tuned due to its large nature of the application. Therefore, tools like Computer Associates’s Harvest CC for check in and check out as well as version control is used along with PowerGen for the creation of the executable and the synchronization application used in Powerbuilder 6.5 is carried over to Powerbuilder 9 to make sure that all objects are well synchronized before the application is deployed for testing.
- Team Track is used to track bug fixes and enhancements keeping logs of the objects that were modified, unit testing steps and the solutions provided for each fix or enhancement. Before each enhancement is done, a peer review meeting is done which involves members of the client as well as other team members so that the enhancements are thoroughly reviewed before being implemented.
- Modify report content and export reports in multiple formats based on user input
- Modified Pearl scripts written in MySQL during frequent client request changes. These scripts are then run against an Oracle database running in a Unix platform.
- Monitor and upload daily ‘Lockbox’ files using the FTP server.
Confidential– Washington DC (12/03 – 04/04) – Contractor
- Worked on a bid doing a prototype system for a security card locking system for Northrop Grumman using the C# framework and ASP.Net for the web presentation against an Oracle 9i backend with the reports created using CA’s CleverPath Forest & Trees product.
- Maintained and enhanced The Commodities Futures Trading Commission’s flat file loading process of exchange data into transaction tables in the Integrated Surveillance Systems database.
- This application runs on a 24 hour basis as flat files are read, converted and loaded into a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. The application’s GUI comprises of a Powerbuilder window that shows the progress of the files being converted.
- The application uses Powerbuilder’s Foundation Class Library and has been migrated from version 6.5 to 8.0. The Data Modeling portion of this application was done using Sybase’sPowerDesigner.
- Present enhancement of the application is to tune and improve the queries so that the files loaded are optimized as well as the code being written efficiently in Powerbuilder 9.0
- Decision Support System reports were developed and deployed in Crystal Reports 9 using Seagate’s Crystal Info and these reports was invoked from the Powerbuilder’s user interface screens.
Confidential – Reston, Virginia (05/02 – 04/03) – Contractor
- Designed and developed a three tier application in a distributed environment for the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Justice System using Powerbuilder 7.0 PFC Architecture as the GUI, installed and configured Jaguar’s EA Server 4.0 as the middle tier for the storage on business validations created in C++ and Oracle 9i as the backend feeding information into JNET(Justice Department’s Network) where data from this system would be available to all other external agencies.
- Designed and created tables, triggers, views, and stored procedures in Oracle 9I
- Reports were created in Crystal Reports 8.5 and called from the Powerbuilder’s user interface screens through Non Visual User Objects.
- Business rules in stored procedures/packages using PL/SQL were written using Quest’s TOAD editor
- Cynergy’s Enterprise Application Framework 3.0 was used to support the distributed environment.
- Version control was maintained using PVCS
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes