CAREER SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Lean Six Sigma
- Multiple Facility Operations
- Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Business Process Improvement
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Durable Equipment Manufacturing
- Aviation MRO and Manufacturing
- Airline Financial Management
- Aircraft Parts Distribution
- Financial Management
- Capital Budgeting
- Accounting Procedure Documentation
- ERP Implementation
- Strategic Planning
- Oil and Gas Exploration/Production
- Manufactured Housing
- Health Care/Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Auto Parts Industry
- Constructed a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant accounting manual for communications subsidiary of an insurance company.
- Assisted in cost containment measures and acted as interim CFO at a small airline that resulted in approximately 16 million of cost savings and assisted in renegotiation of its pilot union contract that resulted in another 4 million of savings.
- Reduced financial statement preparation time for an aviation heavy maintenance facility from 20 days to 5 business days or less through the use of pre-existing production information, faster/easier revenue recognition and improved purchasing coding procedures.
- Revised a company's monthly reporting package and developed a new set of reporting metrics that more fully informed production management of emerging trends and issues during the month. Began the practice of recapping basic production information that demonstrated to management how their decisions during the month impacted net income.
- Assisted in the design and wrote a company's Stock Purchase and Dividend Reinvestment Plan, Exclusive Dealer Stock Option Plan as well as two secondary offering memorandums. Designed and wrote the company's internal audit program and year-end audit and tax packages.
- Cleaned up the accounts receivables and accounting issues of an electronic metering company being acquired by a utility management software company and helped merge their accounting systems.
- Solved a company's immediate cash needs by collecting over 5 million of receivables that were in excess of 120 days old, buying the company time to cut costs and implement operational improvements.
- Decreased the amount of on hand inventory 21 and special handling freight charges by more that 50 by developing procedures between the production, planning and purchasing departments. This allowed the purchasing department to plan procurements for each aircraft maintenance/modification event on a just-in-time basis without the requirement for special freight handling.
- During 1999 and in anticipation of Y2K issues, successfully implemented a new ERP system over all facilities replacing 3 mutually incompatible systems with a single enterprise-wide system.
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT - Currently serving as Interim Controller at Tread Corporation in Roanoke, VA and providing accounting, analysis and documentation services to a wide variety of clients including Aviation Repair Technologies, LLC, Avborne, Inc., ITRON, RadioDetection LTD, DiElectric Corporation, Transmeridian Airlines, Jefferson Pilot Financial Corporation, World Investments, SPX Corporation and Evergreens Senior Health Care and performing Sarbanes - Oxley implementation, SEC compliance, Cost containment, financial analysis, acquisition due diligence and interim CFO/controller services.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/ADMINISTRATION In charge of finance, human resource and administrative functions at an airframe heavy maintenance, engine teardown and parts distribution facility in Roswell, NM.
VICE PRESIDENT OPERATIONS FINANCE.
Brought in by the owners of the Company to assist in productivity improvement. Placed in charge of the production finance, purchasing, inventory/stores, operations planning and IS departments for a 45 million corporation located in Goodyear, AZ with over 600 employees engaged in overhaul maintenance/modification on commercial heavy transport aircraft.
DIRECTOR/VICE PRESIDENT- FINANCE -
In charge of the finance, human resources and information services departments for a 300 million corporation with headquarters in Lake City, FL and Greensboro, NC.
CORPORATE CONTROLLER -
Corporate controller for a publicly held company traded on NYSE engaged in the manufacture of mobile homes with manufacturing facilities in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Texas.
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT -
A sole proprietorship engaged in providing taxation, litigation support and advisory services for a broad range of clients in oil and gas, professional services and agribusiness.
Available on request