- Expertise in analyzing large - scale national and commercial dataset to identify social economic as well as demographic trends within different population groups/segments for social and policy decision making
- Expertise in quantitative research methods, survey design, data collection and subsequent analysis via statistical models such as Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Hierarchical Linear Modeling, Fixed-Effects Model, Propensity Score Matching, Time-varying Discrete Mode ling
- Easy going, self-driven, a team player and a good communicator
Programming: STATA, SA, SPSS, R, ArcGIS
WORK & RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:Statistical Consultant
- Conducted a literature review and examined the contextual effects of schools and immigration on the formation of interracial romantic relationships, as well as the consequences of interracial relationships on teen sexuality and contraception.
- Applied General Linear and Mixed models, multilevel multinomial regression, and multilevel logistic regression to analyze and quantify the impact of individual, family, and social contextual factors on adolescents’ interracial romantic behavior and sexual behavior.
Confidential, New York
- Identify specific social and demographic factors that influence world-wide contraceptive use based on country-level survey data.
- Prepared data on contraceptive use and fertility rates pattern among different age groups and countries to be used for Millennium Development Goals (MDG).
Confidential, Ann Arbor
- Provided technical support on using STATA, SPSS, R, and SAS to over 200 world-wide participants during the summer program focusing on advanced research design, statistics, data analysis, and social methodology.
- Assisted participants on applying, understanding, and interpreting results from statistical models used for social science and public policy research.
Confidential, Ann Arbor
- Participated in survey design and questionnaire development; In charge of subsequent data quality control and management
- Analyzed data using advanced statistical models to evaluate impacts of forced migration policy on people’s future economic well-being in China.
- Co-authored a research paper published in Social Science Research.
- Collaborated with global research team on project that measured people’s understanding and acceptance of developmental ideas and theories.
- Worked on survey design, questionnaire development; Performed preliminary data analysis of pre-test dataset.
- Co-authored a book chapter on Survey Methods.
- Applied statistical analysis to large-scale national datasets to identify social-economic as well as demographic trends among different age groups within the entire Confidential .
- Analyzed Confidential ’s proprietary datasets and identified major demographic characteristics that drive the observed behavior of car-buying consumers;
- Forecasted impacts on Confidential ’s long term industry and segment outlook based on identified national trends and Confidential -specific consumer behavior characteristics.