A leader in multifaceted global supply chain management offers expertise in customs compliance, carrier management, all modes of transportation, and cost controls for companies operating in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Drives efforts to lift efficiency and bottom lines and provides solid leadership for startup and consolidation projects.
- Logistics & Transportation (Domestic & International) - Carrier Management - P&L Statements
- Contract Negotiations - Logistic Network Design - SOP Development - Project Management Budgeting Cost Controls Trade Compliance Import/Export Operations Strategic Planning Customer Service Freight Audit & Payment
- Global RFIs/RFQs Incoterms Free Trade Agreements Training & Team Building Logistics Market Trends
- Distribution Optimization Projects KPI Analysis Hazmat TMS & WMS Software Employee Development SAP
- Headed North America’s domestics and international transportation, import, and export functions for an oilfield services company providing services in more than 100 countries.
- Utilized heavy air, courier, small package, LTL, truckload, rail, barge, ocean, flatbed, and hotshot carriers.
- Negotiated cost-effective flatbed, hotshot, freight forwarder, and rail contracts to save $7M per year.
- Selected, implemented, and managed a freight audit and payment third-party company.
- Created logistics metrics to track cost, spend, and reduction opportunities.
Director of Logistics
- Directed the Americas region’s domestic and international transportation, imports, exports, and trade compliance for an electronics solutions company with 45 facilities in 21 countries.
- Managed a $55M annual budget and 18 direct/indirect reports in logistical operations spanning heavy air, courier, small package, LTL, truckload, rail, and ocean transportation.
- Drove compliance for Confidential and export procedures, avoiding costly fines by carefully managing custom brokers across the Americas; created an implemented a Confidential Import Compliance Manual.
- Established and managed a consolidation center in Miami that supplied plants in Brazil with materials.
- Supervised a freight audit and payment company to ensure carrier invoices were accurately completed.
Global Traffic Manager
- Designed logistics metrics to uncover and measure cost, spend, and reduction opportunities.
- Created, implemented, and managed a post-entry audit procedure.
- Directed domestic and international transportation, imports, exports, and trade compliance for dozens of plants worldwide; managed 15 direct and indirect reports.
- Oversaw heavy air, courier, small package, LTL, truckload, rail, and ocean logistics; ensured company adhered to Confidential procedures and custom brokers and directed the US export compliance program.
- Captured a $2M annual savings by effectively managing the Confidential weekly entry at the foreign trade zone.
- Selected and implemented the Hungarian custom broker for a newly opened Hungary plant.
- Assured accuracy of carrier invoicing by selecting a reliable, accurate freight audit and payment company.
- Identified spending trends and cost saving opportunities by developing reliable logistics metrics.
- Achieved lowest landed cost for inbound components and outbound finished goods to control unit price.
- Managed domestic and international transportation, imports, and exports for a tier-one manufacturer of automobile assembly pieces; operation had plants.
- Administered a $5M budget and directed the Confidential program and trade compliance for all plants worldwide.
- Negotiated carrier contracts for heavy freight, courier, ocean, LTL, truckload, and small package logistics.
- Selected, implemented, and managed custom brokers in 12 countries; ensured custom compliance.
- Provided lowest landed cost for inbound components and outbound finished goods to control unit price.
- Oversaw domestic and international transportation, imports, exports, licensing, and trade compliance for an electronics contract manufacturer serving military and commercial clients.
- Directed the Confidential program and import/export operations while ensuring ITAR regulations.
- Managed an $18M logistics budget and eight staff in directing domestic and international transportation, import/export operations, trade compliance, and a fleet for a multinational company’s computer products division.