Confidential, Porter, IN
Visitor Use Assistant
- Led Environmental Education tours to school groups.
- Researched historic military actions of the area.
- Researched and wrote articles which were published in the park’s quarterly newspaper.
- Campground supervisor.
- Visitor Use Assistant/fee collector.
- General maintenance of daily state park facilities as well as landscaping and heavy equipment use.
- Enforced state land use laws including crowd/traffic control, patrolling campground, ticketing illegal auto standards, state hunting regulations and first aid requiring extensive inter - agency radio communication with local law enforcement agencies.
Interpretive Park Ranger/Visitor Use Assistant
- Researched and accessed resources answering visitor questions and telephone inquiries.
- Interpretive presentations/tours on construction and history of the park resource.
- Developed, researched and delivered historical presentations on the historical Confidential .
- Performed daily opening closing of both the visitor center and The Confidential Memorial, handling all visitor needs.
- Performed cash/credit transactions in the park bookstore and performed Confidential fee collections and answered questions regarding local history.
Interpretive Guide/Visitor Use Assistant
- Delivered formal and informal presentations on many aspects, the Revolutionary War and various other subjects related to America’s founding. 40 HPW
Confidential, Benton Harbor, MI
- Instructed Recent American History to a wide range of students, including recent high school graduates and international students.
Interpretive Park Ranger/Guide
- Led groups of 100 and more on tours through Mammoth Cave, explaining history, geology, ecology and speleology of cave system.
- Taught environmental education to school groups regarding caves and Karst topography.
- Researched topics for public lectures in the auditorium and operation of information booth.