Proficient in: Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Reader, legal research data bases (Westlaw, Lexus Nexus, Geronimo, and ACS, electronic filing systems Pacer, exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
Paralegal & Criminal Justice Instructor
- Prepares lectures, assessments, and practical assignments
- Create and currently maintain a career preparation seminar for paralegal students
- Serves as sponsoring faculty member for the law society
Confidential, Winchester, VA
Legal Administrative Specialist
- Researched internal Confidential files manually and electronically
- Communicated and negotiated with challenging requestors
- Responsible for drafting correspondence to the requestor legally explaining the withholding of responsive information
- Redacted documents in accordance with agency Confidential /PA protocols which include annotating appropriate Confidential exemptions due to the fact the information concerns matters of national security information, personal information, and sensitive internal Confidential operating procedure
- Generated draft response letters to requestors detailing the Confidential /PA review and release determination
- Processed over 750 - 1,000 pages of responsive material monthly
- Coordinated and communicated with other federal agencies regarding the material
- Served as an instructor for incoming employees to ensure statutory law and internal regulatory compliance with transparency within our government.
- Prepped and produced responsive material in the event responsive material were not properly released
- Maintain exemplary case notes
- Prepared Vaughn indices, declarations, affidavits, answers to complaints, and supplemental releases
- Managed a team of individuals to correct internal oversights and/or comply with court orders
- Prepared exhibits for the court and promptly filed exhibits on an electronic database
- Acted as a liaison between the internal departments within the Confidential office and Confidential
- Multi-tasked various responsibilities such as monitor court deadlines, case files, and requestor correspondence
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Areas of focus: tort law and contract law
- Responsible for evaluating complex corporate structure of companies and medical terminology for responsive information
- Required to extract non-responsive and privilege information in compliance with discovery requests
- Required to legally defend extractions and substantiate the release of information contained in company or medical records.
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
- Conducted interviews of law enforcement officers
- Conducted legal research on various data bases
- Drafted legal documents such as Motion of Discoveries and Appellate Court Briefs
- Assisted with trial preparation, such as choosing jury instructions, interviewing witnesses, and etc.