A position as an Information Assurance Analyst
- More than 25 years of naval service in IT management, with strong analytical skills and a broad range of computer expertise.
- Multi - faceted skills include extensive experience in digital and analog telecommunications, computer information systems and database management.
- Proficient in LAN/WAN/telecommunication and security peripherals in cross platform environments.
- Familiar with VPN'S, PKI, PC & Network configurations, maintenance & trouble-shooting, DOD DITSCAP/DIACAP certification and accreditation process (NISPOM), policy and planning issues, DHCP, DNS and TCP/IP protocol.
- A clear and direct technician, skilled in developing and maintaining a broad vision, cultivating excellent relationships, and communicating effectively across the organization to build focused and productive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- QA packages prior to submission to government (PMW130)
- Monitor, receive, review and process USN DIACAP solution submissions.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure data is presented in the proper format, ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Verify solution testing requirements and testing results.
- Interface with HP engineering silos, Project/Program managers, HP Account Mangers on new solutions government accreditation requirements based on the latest STIGs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Coordinate collaboration between HP Project Team and government on any issues that arise post-DIACAP submission
- Facilitate weekly Certification Solution Review (CSR) Meeting; Attendees include HP Engineers and ProjectManagers, PMW130, Gov't Certification Authority, and oDAA. Responsible for tracking of discussion, actions and decisions taking place during the meeting
- Consolidate and distribute weekly various metric reporting to HP leaders and government teams
- Utilize XACTA to handle all Marine DIACAP packages.
Certification Authority Representative
- Responsible for performing C&A reviews consistent with guidelines outlined by the Confidential /G-6 Office of Information Assurance and Compliance Certification and Accreditation Division.
- Identified as Confidential Subject Matter Expert for IA to include compliance and provide input and recommendations to various senior level actions as required for all documentations uploaded into IACORA.
- Experience and knowledge with the Confidential information system security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process ( Confidential Handbook 4300A) and NIST recommended IT security controls (SP 800-53)
- Prepare Confidential Certification Authority recommendations for Interim Authority to Operate (IATO) and final accreditation Authority to Operate (ATO). Act as member of C&A Team to ensure through reviewing extensive documentation that the Program Executive Officers (PEO), Program Managers (PM), Field Testing Staff, and other program/operational staff adequately coordinate and compile the proper information assurance documentation for final approval. Additional documentation that is reviewed is contingency plans and Memorandum of Agreements (MOA’s).
Senior System Staff Analyst
- Develops, Writes, and Reviews Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation per Department of Defense (DOD) Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP).
- Extremely knowledgeable with DIACAP, Retina Security Scanner, DOD STIG’s, DISA Gold Disk, IAVA, and patch managements systems, OCRS.
- Responsible for evaluating and testing information systems and networks to determine compliance with IA requirements.
- Experience in certifying and accrediting DON information systems and networks. Knowledgeable of IA requirements .
Confidential, DAM NECK, VA
Information System Security Manager
- Diagnosed system failures in order to isolate equipment, network, system software, and application programs problems.
- Senior Administrator for 10 UNIX servers and 30 workstations across two departments. Maintained UNIX hardware and security patches.
- Directed the daily operations of the Global Communication and Control System.
- Spearheaded Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for LAN cabling, Fiber splicing, file system structures, and tape backup schemes.
- Installed and restored numerous software applications and provided onsite training.
- Created and maintained automated bulletin boards, public folders and distribution lists.
- Enforced IA policies and ensured the completion of System Security Authorization Agreements (SSAA).
- Worked with Joint Forces to include Confidential, Navy, Air Force and Marines,
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Information System Technician Leading Petty Officer
- Managed and operated all shipboard telecommunications assets to include CISCO equipment, SHF (T-1), WSC-(6/8), GCCS-M, NTCSS, ADNS, and ATM switches, PROTEON routers, SATCOM/UHF/HF/EHF Government Satellite Communication Systems. Link-16, S Tadil J, Link-11, Link-22, Link-22, IBS, Link-4A.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
- Principal advisor and local expert in the field of computers, Information Systems engineering, network protocols, hardware/software upgrades and peripheral interface devices.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Information System Technician
- Performed computer center activities essential to protect the operating capability and efficiency of complex digital and telephone communications networks in support of message traffic generated by Atlantic Fleet.
- Performed system setup; daily backups; connectivity, hardware, and software troubleshooting; network virus inoculation; and file/print/terminal server and workstation performance optimization, repair, and configuration.
- Implemented network upgrades on all systems and monitored network performance.
- A certified telephone system installer and technician.
- Performed telecommunications processes from transmitting, receiving, operating, monitoring, controlling and processing all forms of telecommunications through various transmission media including global networks.