An accomplished Solution Architect with more than 14 years of diversified experience supporting both commercial and public sector clients across the full Systems Development Lifecycle SDLC and Information Technology IT . Managed and provided requirements definition, development, testing e.g., HP Quality Center , deployment, and maintenance support for 5 SAP ERP Programs including 2 DoD Acquisition Programs ACAT 1 Major Automated Information System MAIS . Performed research and presented recommendations for senior executives concerning new SAP ERP, Portal, BI, BW, functional modules such as SAP SRM PPS, SAP SCM, SAP MM, SAP PM, SAP FICO, SAP HCM, SAP Budget Formulation, and enhancement tools to add to the current landscape that increased organization's SAP return on investments ROI . Expert in bringing a wealth of industry leading tools and technologies such as SAP BASIS support, Solution Manager, Change Request Management CHaRM , Enterprise Portal 6.0/7.0, SAP Process Infrastructure SAP XI/PI , SAP HANA, and Single Sign On SSO technology using eTrust Siteminder and Kerberos. Strong and solid background in SAP's Visual Composer, WebDynpro, and Netweaver Studio tools, Enterprise Architecture with DoDAF 2.0 and Business Enterprise Architecture BEA .
- Solution Architect SAP ERP, Commercial Off- The-Shelf Solutions, ARIS Enterprise Architecture
- Business Processes Requirements Framework, Business Process Reengineering BRF , DoDAF, BEA
- Compliance Configuration Management CM , Information Assurance IA
- SAP Solutions SAP ERP ECC 6.0, SAP Business Warehouse BI/BW , SAP Enterprise Portal EP , Solution Manager SolMan , SAP SRM PPS, SAP SCM, SAP Master Data MDM , SAP Human Resource ESS/MSS and SAP WebDynpro Java
- Technical Capability Research future technical capabilities, defined required technical activities, compile technical and functional documents, optimized parameters to increase system performance, designed Service Oriented Architecture SOA infrastructure, third party application integration with SAP ERP
Areas of Expertise
- Technical Configuration WebDynpro Programming DoD Procurements Process
- Analysis / Strategic Planning Upgrades and Enhancements Work Force Management
- Team Building / Motivation RICEF Objects Analysis Instruction / Facilitation
- Process Development / Integration Technical Writing Resource Procurement
- Conflict Resolution Project Managements Acquisition Managements
- Service Oriented Architecture SOA Application Architecture Integrated Technical Processes
- Software Lifecycle Development SAP Landscape Design SAP Netweaver Architecture
Lead Enterprise Architect/U.S. Army PEO-EIS AESIP MITRE CORP
- The Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program integrates business processes and systems by serving as an Enterprise Data hub for the Army's logistics and financial ERP business systems for GFEBS, G-Army, and LMP using SAP ECC, BW, PI, and Business Objects solutions.
- Reviewed and approved SAP technical designs related to technical infrastructure, BMC Tool implementations, test scripts, and QA documents submitted by the responsible system integrators.
- Working closely with the Army Share Service Center SSC in Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, as advisor to help streamline their SAP COE support data and process model from development to sustainment phase.
- Develop Business Intelligence strategy as shared services for G-Army and LMP to leverage to save cost and maximize return of investment in SAP Business Objects solution.
- Provide enterprise architecture support to Army Data Centers in Redstone and ALTESS in supporting AESIP PM High Availability environment, SAP systems copied, client refresh, and build new SAP solutions for DMS, TREX, and Solman 7.1.
- Provide migration strategy to move ERP infrastructure from physical hosts to virtualized environments and cutover plan
confidential Independent Consultant
- The USDA Agricultural Research Service needs to consolidate retrospective reports in FY2012 from regional business offices into one centralized and enterprise reports with KPIs and data metrics to measure the organizational financial, travel, and facility maintenance support activities.
- Gathered requirements from East, West, and National Capital regions for KPIs and data metrics
- Extract financial, HR, and workload data from the FMMI SAP ECC system based on activities from cost centers, fund centers, WBS, and external integrated acquisition system to compile performance and end of year financial data
- Formulate data calculation to specific business region activities and performance based on IT, HR, Travel, and acquisition activities to support USDA research projects
- Use Business Object to compile reports based on universes and pre-establish SAP BW infocubes and HANA to develop reports based on established requirements and FY2012 reports.
Navy ERP Requirements Manager
- Navy ERP Program is currently using multiple software solutions to manage requirements traceability, configuration and change management CM , and QA documentations. The short term vision is to integrate change management with SAP Solution Manager and consolidate to fewer software solutions as long term road map.
- Managed all ERP COTS and software tools owned and approved by Navy ERPs for Requirements Traceability, eCMS SharePoint 2007 MOSS , Configuration Managements CM , and SAP Solution Manager
- Conduct research and make recommendations on new tools to be used for testing and consolidate multiple software tools into one to effectively manage, control, and reduce cost.
- Planning a road map to effectively managing and synchronize BPMLs from Systems Architect to Solution Manager and vice versa
- Provide support in re-design and clean up eCMS for Navy ERP
- Develop strategy to use SAP ERP Solution Manager going forward as one stop shop for Change Management CHaRM for functional configurations, requirements repository, and transport management as part of System Development Life Cycle SDLC and Application Development Life Cycle ADLC
Principal Consultant / Navy ERP Requirements Manager
- Navy ERP System Engineering Department was looking for new process to gather good requirements coming from new Engineering Change Proposal ECP . The challenge is current process does not allow a new set of requirement to be analyzed, compared with current capability, apply business process reengineering approach, and not fully utilizing standard SAP transactions to handle the business cases or scenarios.
- Responsible for conducting current and proposed new requirements management framework for ERP to effectively capture quantifiable and measurable requirements from Business Process Owners and Functional Leads
- Formulated and provided recommendations to the Program Manager Government SES for ERP requirements management activities are carried out as described in the Navy ERP Requirement Management Plan
- Supported the System Engineering team for the maintenance and implementation of the RE M plan
- Coordinated all functional and technical requirements related issues, recommendation, and the continuing assurance that the requirements are managed properly and fulfilled
- Demonstrated analysis to group requirements into major project scope or to implement the changes in release phases
- Established a new ways to integrate business process reengineering and SAP ERP COTS and encourage the use of standard SAP Objects and Transactions before proceed to create SAP Custom Objects with ABAP Programming
Netweaver Architect/Portal Development Lead
- ITT Corporation was looking to implement a 200-500 million SAP ERP Program to consolidate all of their worldwide businesses into using the same business processes to run the business as one centralized entity. Served as Solution Architect to lay out technical and business requirements to implement SAP Solutions such as SAP MDM, SAP Enterprise Portal, SAP GRC, SAP Identity Management, and SAP Portal Business Packages
- Support Blue Print workshops and worked with Business Process Owners to defined RICEF objects for development
- Provided Netweaver Portal Architecture Roadmap, Strategy, and Design for the ITT Corp. SAP Implementation Program BEST
- Conducted analysis and provided recommendations to various work streams with SAP Netweaver capabilities with SAP ECC 6.0, SAP SRM, SAP MDM, SAP BPM, SA GRC, and SAPGTS configurations
- Designed SAP Netweaver security architecture strategies to support SAP IDM, Microsoft Forefront Identity Management, GRC, and portal business packages for HCM, SCM, MDM, and BI
- Support new initiatives in exploring third party vendors to provide solutions to business cases that SAP does not support.
- Led a team of 5 consultants to provide the design, integrate, and infrastructure support for SAP Netweaver Portal, SAP MDM Portal, SAP BI Portal, and SAP GRC development support
- Defined application architecture, technical activities, technical configurations, third party application integrated process and strategy to Program Managers and Technical Directors
SAP ERP Solution Architect
- The U.S. Army SAP ERP Financial Program GFEBS, ACAT 1 Major Automated Information System MAIS was looking to implement SRM PPS to replace the SPS Contract writing system and to develop a vendor portal to accept invoices from vendors directly to reduce errors and provide transparency to the process from Procurement to Payment P2P . The Government was also looking for ways to optimize their SAP BI reporting capability and explore SAP Business Objects as a solution. The Program Manager Kristine Jones was also looking at SAP HCM Budget Formulation Solutions to keep track of civilians funded position within the Army Faces to Spaces
- Managed a team of 6 Accenture Technical consultant on a budget of 1.2 million to install, configure, and support a pilot environment development for SAP SRM Procurement for Public Sector PPS
- Supported the Enterprise Architecture to comply with the DOD Architecture Framework for the Department of Army General Funding Business Enterprise Systems using ARIS toolset 7.0
- Evaluated business processes and implementation strategies involving SAP SRM and SAP Procurement for Public Sector for the DOD and the Business Transformation Agency BTA
- Developed new solutions for data/information integration and system modernization to integrate multiple ERP systems to interact and communicate among each other
- Conducted assessment for the technical infrastructure to implement the Procurement to Pay with SAP ECC landscape within a virtualized environment using VMware
- Provided guidance on Federal Enterprise Architecture to early phase functional and technical analysis on SAP FICO, FM, Enterprise Portal, PI, BI, Solution Managers, PM, MM, SRM, and Procurement for Public Sector
- Joined an elite team of BW/BI developer Tiger Team to investigate, explore, and propose recommendations to optimize and increase performance to the SAP BI system for the Financial System Reporting
- Prepared presentations to brief Senior Executive and Three Stars Generals at the Pentagon on SAP SRM PPS, SAP HCM Budget Formulation, and road map strategies of reducing over the cost of 50 million by eliminating over 110 interfaces to the existing systems
- Conducted workshops and developed blue prints with the AS-IS process of U.S. Army Procurements, Invoices, and Pay processes
- Conducted workshops to define the TO-BE processes by applying the business process reengineering to implement SAP SRM PPS as the Army new contract writing system
- Recorded all business processes AS-IS and TO-BE into ARIS in according with DoD Architecture Framework and BEA 7.0
- Defined legacy systems that will be subsumed by the new SAP SRM PPS to formulate the cost saving and benefits of the new system and to justify the business case for full deployment
- Designed and architect the vendor portal to work as an external system with proper security access to pass Information Assurance requirements and DoD Demilitarized Network Zone DMZ
- Defined application architecture, technical activities, technical configurations, third party application integrated process and strategy
SAP ERP Portal Development Architect
- Foundation Coal Holding Corp controlled over 18 coal mines throughout the Midwest. They were the third largest coal producer in the U.S. Senior Managements had selected SAP ERP ECC 6.0, BI, XI, XMII, xRPM, Enterpriser Portal as their one shop solutions to manage their day to day business operations as one company.
- Designed, build, configuring, and testing SAP ECC 6.0, EP 7.0 and Business Intelligence to work with SAP PP, MM, PM, HR, and FICO through transaction iViews, Visual Composer, and custom WebDynpro applications
- Performed research and make recommendations for Senior Executives on new ERP enhancement tools to add to the current landscape to increase our ROI in the SAP suites
- Performed daily SAP BASIS tasks to move Transports, Optimize Systems Performance, and Trouble-Shooting
- Installed and configured Solution Manager 7.0 with SSO for SAP ECC 6 and Netweaver landscape
- Developed web applications using ASP.NET, VB.NET, and Visual C to implement with the upgraded MS SharePoint 2003 Portal across different business units HR, SALES, ACCOUNTING, etc...
- Working with the BASIS team to apply patches to the current SAP Enterprise Portal and provide support to power and end users
- Led effort to create 10 custom SAP WebDynpro applications platform to allow time and attendance integration for plant maintenance
- Led and coordinated development efforts with 4-8 off shore FTE from India to develop and support new portal functionalities
- Defined application architecture, technical activities, technical configurations, third party application integrated process and strategy
- Assisted in develop a web application to support the Business Process Reengineering and Continuous Improvement Programs for all the mine sites to collaborate and exchanges knowledge
- ERP Consultant-Accenture / confidential Hours: 40 Supervisor: Don Marion Accenture Senior Executive
- DLA Business System Modernization BSM now is Enterprise Business System EBS was a CAT 1 Major Automated Information System MAIS created to manage supply chain and financial business transactions. Leaderships were looking to integrate SAP cFolder, SAP Enterprise Portal, and SAP SCM to expand their current SAP ERP R/3 systems
- Worked with a team of SAP BASIS consultants on designing, configuring, and testing the architecture of SAP R/3 and Enterprise Portal 6.0. Moving development transports and optimize performance for SAP R/3 4.7 along with Solution Manager 4.0
- Developed the technical architecture and implement SAP Portal with SAP Business Warehouse, R/3, CRM, SRM, cFolder, J2EE, WAS, and Web Dispatcher
- Designed and provided support for Single Sign On services as well as developing web pages for portal using WSH Scripts, Java, ASP, HTML, and XML
- Created configuration technical checklists to installed, configure, and support SAP R/3, EP 6.0 for Production support
- Successfully implemented two Go-Live releases with upgrading EP5.0 to EP6.0 and integrating SAP cFolder into Portal
- Continued developing, testing, installing new enhance features as well as SAP updated support packages
- Senior Systems Analyst/Deployment Manager- confidential Hours: 40 Supervisor: John Gillespie Program Manager
- The Department of State Consular Bureau was implementing and deploying multiple new proprietary systems to process Immigrant Visas, Non-Immigrant Visas, American Citizenship Services, and biometric system to all of their consular offices throughout the world
- Developed Non-Immigrants NIV and Immigrants Visa IV proprietary software to process visas and integrated with biometric interfaces for checking backgrounds to applicants seeking to enter the U.S using Powerbuilder and C .
- Develop American Consulate Service ACS proprietary software to keep track and process services for American citizens traveling outside of the U.S. using Visual C and C
- Worked as software developers to debug and troubleshooting software run time and database Oracle errors with Power Builder and Visual Basic.NET compilers
- Led multiple teams of 3-8 people to perform technical activities for Go-Live, cutover, and back up maintenance on site
- Travelled to U.S. Embassies in European, Africa, Latin America, and South East Asia countries to deploy hardware, integrated new software, install and perform maintenance to the Department of States Immigrant Visa database, American Citizen Service database, Biometric, Facial Recognition, and consular workstations
- Worked with proprietary software development to provide access security and alarm monitoring for the commercial properties and private residents using C and Visual C to be installed a proprietary hardware panels and alarm equipment
- Participated as Business Process Owner with in house IT staff and outside vendor consultants to implement an ERP Package MAS Automated Systems to upgrade the company existing legacy system to handle contracts, invoices, finance, and customer support solutions
- Responsible for scheduling, training, supervising and evaluating a programming staff of 11 employees including over sea members.
- Provide software debug and trouble shooting for access control and security systems to over 600 buildings in the DC Metropolitan
- Developed a workflow process to reduce programming errors to 0 by creating a system where all programmers must record changes being made to the security system and made available to all team members
- Responsible for technical management of the web site including web security, file management, and site maintenance, insuring timely and consistent availability of information
- Administered day-to-day operation of different server sites, and acted as the first level of technical support in event of a system failure
- Worked with other technical staff and software vendors to install new and modified system software and application program
- Provided systems and LAN network maintenance, user access or privileges, and other related technical support necessary to maintain a smooth operation of the system/network using Window NT and Cisco Router
- Responsible for installing, configuring, evaluating, and troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Participated in the investigation and recommendation of technologies to improve system and process efficiency.
- Responded and assisted customer with software inquiries via the phone
- Provided maintenance support to a fleet of over 100 vehicles and over 200 pieces of communication equipment for any airborne operations
- Conducted equipment recovery mission while in combat and peace keeping missions
- Participated in over 35 combat jumps and successfully executed 8 major preparations for combat readiness Division Readiness Force, DRF
- Team member of the Quick Reaction Force QRF team to provide support in case the base in over run by enemy during combat missions.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IT SKILLS
- SAP ERP R/3, ECC 6.0, SAP SRM PPS, Visual Composer, Webdynpro, SAP BW/BI, Enterprise Portal 6.0/7.0, SAP XI, PI Exchange Infrastructure and Single Sign On technology using eTrust Siteminder from Computer Associates
- Operating Systems/Network: Linux, UNIX Solaris , Windows 2000/XP/2003, MAC OS X, Cisco IOS. Knowledge and experience setting up a robust network routers and switches through TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Wireless network
- Applications: MS Office 2003, MS Project, MS Visio, Microsoft Exchange Server, MS Publisher, Crystal Report, Remote Citrix, Adobe Photo Shop, Adobe Premier, Macromedia Flash MX. Database COTS such as Oracle 11g, Microsoft Access, MS SQL 2003/2005
- Software Languages: Java, Microsoft Visual Basic.NET, HTML, ASP.NET, XML
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- I have over fourteen years of progressive experience in designing, implementing, and integrate proprietary, COTS, and SAP ERP software solutions to the commercial and public sectors. My management experience includes six years of leading and managing technical resources within CONUS and OCONUS.
- During my tenure at the U.S. Army GFEBS, I have helped to produce two major prototypes and pilot projects that currently will become fully deployable for the entire program. I have helped to solve many technical challenges that the organization was facing such as the inability to integrate Solution Manager outside of the DoD firewall and the security risks of exposing SAP RFC to communicate with an external vendor portal. I have conducted research and provided a solution to install a Solution Manager server outside of the firewall and isolated it from the one inside the firewall and exchange files via a secured FTP connection. I proposed turning the SAP Remote Function Call SAP RFC connecting the external vendor portal to the SAP ECC into a web service with built-in rules to authenticate that was overwhelmingly approved by the Information Assurance team.
- During my tenure at ITT Corporation, I was the Go To person for anything related to SAP Netweaver. I have worked closely with business process owners from each work stream to help them understand all the capability SAP ERP Netweaver Solutions can provide. By helping the stakeholders to thoroughly understand each functionality of SAP, I was able to help the organization saved over 10 million dollars by not acquiring extra SAP solutions that they didn't need not including licensing cost.
- During my tenure at Datawatch Systems Inc, I have helped build a robust team of programmers that can provide a 24/7 support coverage for the company. I developed a streamline technique that reduce the number of programming errors a programmer may generate on an average of 10-20 a week to zero by recording and create a transparency process where all programmers know what everyone else had done. This process dramatically improved our reputations with the clients and increased the rate of customer satisfaction to the highest level in 5 years. I proposed the idea of train the trainers to reduce consultant services cost from our vendor by sending senior level people to get training on the new ERP system then come back and train their peers. The result saved the company over 100K and also gave us a chance to explore the bugs and defects before Go-Live with in-house support efforts.
- During my tenure with the Department of State Program State 6 , other integration teams always had a problem ghosting image to hundred if not thousands of workstations using network routers and hubs when they get on site over sea. I invented a way to utilize the office IT network switches to expanded the capability of pushing the image to all workstations during night time or maintenance window which speed up the process at least 3-4 time faster than the old way and does not impact the operation and keep our hardware refresher trips on schedule and within budget.
- Throughout my career, I have participated in developing and coordinating efforts to streamline business processes, training policies, established infrastructure guidelines, hardware sizing, and evaluation software solutions. I have directly involve in conducting Fit Gap Analysis, Business Process Reengineering, optimize and stream line parameters to enhance systems performance, and established short term and long term technical solution road map to solve Information Technology IT challenges and reduce business costs. I played a vital role in advising senior level executives on current and future SAP ERP software capability including mobile computing and system limitations or enhancements. I am continuously looking to refine and adapting good practices from industry experts through SAP networking channels and past projects work to add more value to my personal competency. My thorough understand of the DoD Acquisition and the role of System Engineering within an ACAT 1 Major Automated Information System MAIS Program will be extremely valuable to establish a long term vision for any major DoD ERP program to meet all of the Information Technology IT challenges in the future.