AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Java, C, C++, Perl, Python, FORTRAN, numerous assembly languages, and other languages.
- OpenGL, MPI, HPC, GUIs, Databases, Web scripting
- Linux, Windows, several other OS’s
- Embedded systems, digital signal processing (DSP), complex systems/networks modeling, and computer vision/image processing.
Senior Research Scientist and Adjunct Faculty
- I was awarded approx. $1M in Confidential research contracts for which I created model requirements for critical infrastructure vulnerability analysis and electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and other weapons of mass destruction (WMD) effects impacting the delivery of critical resources and services to communities.
- Annually reviewed other Confidential ongoing basic and applied network and human behavior research projects.
- Event/activity detection using near - real-time web information sources.
- Taught computer vision and modeling and simulation classes. Also taught assembly languages and system programming.
Programmer - Software design and development
- Designed and developed application and database for tracking cell phone purchases and service plans for over 100,000 customers.
- Designed and led team to develop a software modeling framework for integrating high performance computing (HPC) simulations for 3-D solids meshes, electrical circuits, and radiation and particle transport models.
- Designed and developed an HPC parallel and distributed varied data formats interchange I/O system.
- Designed and developed a multi-user GUI-based model view controller (MVC) for a traffic simulator.
- Designed and developed multi-user interfaces for military gaming system
- Led team designing and developing GIS-based and web application for environmental cleanup tracking.
- Designed and built enterprise networked, GUI-based LIMS application, saving the company in excess of $3M per month in idea-to-market product management.
- Designed and built satellite modem emulator, then updated and tested the satellite modem communications control software and device drivers.
- Designed and built electron beam welder robotic control software, device drivers, and ultrasonic image scan control and image analysis software.
- Developed medium-scale integrated (MSI) circuit models.
- Designed, built, and sold an interactive DSP signal acquisition, analysis, and display system.
- Led team troubleshooting and upgrading of radar control and signal processing software for phased array radar control and automated diagnostics/fault isolation.
- Designed and developed automated test control and analysis software and device drivers for full functionality circuit testing to determine device vulnerability to EMP.