Confident professional with a strong background in finance, banking, and healthcare auditing. Educated to demonstrate mastery in business administration, finance, and accounting, and can leverage this expertise to engage in strategic planning, team leadership, change management, global business, complex financial variance analysis, and capital budget forecasting. Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to collaboratively work with other departments to achieve common objectives.
- Corporate Financial Planning
- Budget Analysis and Control
- Staff and Supervision
- Balancing and Cash Flow
- Team Leadership, Management, and Development
- Accounting and Auditing Principles and Standards
- Excellence in Professional Communication
- Financial Reports and Presentations
- Uses spreadsheets and statistical applications to explore financial data, identify trends, and develop accurate forecasts.
- Able to create engaging reports, put together quality presentations, and offer up sound endorsements for investment opportunities. Can use data acquired through qualitative and quantitative research to measure the financial risks.
- Highly organized professional who can direct work flow and manage tight deadlines. Divides work effectively by assigning responsibility for each organizational component to a specific individual or group. Can develop new policy and procedure to assist in streamlining and optimization.
- Experience includes the gathering and organizing of audit evidence in order to verify the financial statements of a business or healthcare entity.
- Can obtain information through the use of commonly accepted assurance methods, such as posting and casting checking, physical examination and count, confirmation, inquiry, year - end scrutiny, tracing, bank reconciliation, vouching, and the verification of existence, ownership, title and value of assets.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Cost Report Auditor
- Audits hospitals and skilled nursing facilities in the Medicare division by performing desk reviews and examining files, as well as, Interim Payment Work Papers.
- Calculates Level Payments, settlements for field finals, and answers questions for providers as needed.
- Engages in Wage Index reviews for the Wage Index Project.
- Completed Pension reviews for hospitals.
- Forecasted interim rates using healthcare facilities financial data.
- Performed Claim Calculations for healthcare facilities
- Analyzed financial data by performing cost to charge ratios for hospitals
- Reviewed budgets, financial statements, general ledgers, and trial balances for healthcare facilities
- Updated American Diabetes Association s for hospitals
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
- Managed daily branch operations including staffing, performance reviews, security procedures, employee concerns, disciplinary actions, and customer interactions.
- Participated in the assessment of employees noting s and specific areas for development.
- Responded professionally to daily customer requests including account openings, inquiries, troubleshooting, and documentation changes.
- Completed personality assessments in order to foster an understanding of different communication styles.
- Maintained open lines of communication with staff and management resulting in efficient and effective resolutions of staff issues and concerns.