To serve the beloved communitY WITH THE INTENT OF UNITING INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS, AND COMMUNITIES FOR SOCIO - ECONOMICAL, POLITICAL, HEALTH, AND SPiRITUAL GROWTH & EMPOWERMENT.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Urban Fellows Scholar
- Met with Confidential within the downtown Washington, D.C. area to assist them in their Urban Ministry efforts such as ministering to the impoverished, the homeless, returning citizens, and the oppressed.
- Monthly immersion trips to various cities surveying the land, meeting with local Confidential, worshipping at different churches, developing covenants, and servicing the churches.
- Served on several committees & organizations such as No Child Left Outside (NCLO), geared towards reducing youth homelessness in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- Served on the Not Even One committee which has developed to put an end to youth violence in America.
- Hosted a quarterly Clergy breakfast in which approximately 50 Confidential from the Washington, D.C. downtown area come together to discuss issues within their community.
- Served on the Executive Board of the Beloved Community initiative which deals with asset mapping and strengthening partnerships of the Gaithersburg, MD and Montgomery County community.
- Ministered to incarcerated individuals and their families to improve restorative justice
- Connected Seniors of the community with adolescents for the purpose of the formation of an intergenerational mentoring and building positive intergenerational relationships and understanding.
- Served as the Association of Black Seminarians Executive Officer
- Developed Christ-centered worship experiences from the African-American perspective for Confidential ’s chapel services
- Served on several panel discussions on campus addressing race relations
- Represented the Association for Confidential ’s Student Council
- Hosted recreational events geared for the student body and also creating opportunities for alumni to come back and interact with current students in an informal setting.
Confidential, Capitol Heights, MD
- Served as intern gaining experience in leading and designing worship services, preaching, teaching, pastoral care, covenant relationship with other churches, evangelism, and pastoral duties
- Ministry Leader of the Evangelism ministry which entailed fundraising, teaching, and event planning.
Confidential, Petersburg, VA
- Served as worship leader as well as assistant to the Confidential by assisting with teaching Confidential study, leading the Praise and Worship portion of service on Sunday Worship services.
- Accompanying the Confidential when he ministers to other congregations, visiting sick and shut-in members, hosting events at the church, organizing programs with other clergy and laity, and representing Confidential at other functions in the community such as the Confidential
- Evangelism to various churches throughout the country serving as guest Minister and/or Revivalist
- Served various ministries including Confidential Study, missionary ministry, youth ministry, men’s ministry and intercessory prayer group.
- Participated in Urban ministry programs such as “Coats for Kids” for homeless children.
- Ministered at a youth conference
- Assisted in the yearly mission and ministry to
- Evaluated reports on business expenditures, set financial goals and created strategies to increase profit and growth
- Calculated discrepancies, and performed variance analysis to generate corrective action plans to significantly reduce financial impact
- Managed teams of employees by providing, direction, performance feedback and analysis of work-packages
- Performed Quality Control Reviews to conduct internal audits at sister locations and to ensure compliance for all processes and procedures
- Served as an Assistant Manager for the largest branch in the Confidential, district, and Division.
- Received a “Superior” rating on all reviews in customer service.
- Facilitated morning meetings where I analyzed reports and assigned tasks to my employees.
- Tracked branch expenses to ensure proper allocation of funds
- Managed key customer relationships and quickly resolved concerns to ensure positive rapport
- Consistently exceeded set goals and individual sales goals to ensure company success
- Provided in various locations on financial systems and processes to gain cultural understanding and exposure to various environments
- Trained young men that played the position of Running Back and Linebacker
- Held responsibility for play calling, administration, strength and conditioning.
- Served as a long term substitute in the junior high school
- Acted as supervisor of the in school detention program.