I am looking for the opportunity to get a position in your Information technology department. I would love to get back into COBOL Programming however I am flexible.
Customer Solutions Analyst
Confidential, Detroit, MI
My environment included: TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL II, VSAMFile - AID/MVS, File-AID/MVS Batch, File-AID/Data Solutions, File-AID/DB2, File-AID for IMS, ABEND-AID TSOABEND-AID/CICS, Expediter. TOPAZ Workbench/Data Editor. Clists, and REXX.
- My position as a Customer Solutions analyst involves writing program code for customers and assisting them in writing code for File-AID/MVS Batch and executing with IBM JCL. We analyze customer data with record layouts and help debug sample COBOL programs that we supply the customers with.
- We handle customer issues via email, phone or through the Salesforce Case 360 website.
- We assist with product installation and investigate issues to see if they have been reported before and if we have a work around or a fix for issue,
- We send the PTF to the customer if we have one. In cases where it’s a new issue
- We gather as much information as we can and try to recreate the issue and pass that information on the development team through Jira.
- There are times where we use WebEx to watch the customer recreate the issue. Every six weeks I was on call for a week, weekends and nights. We also build and maintain a knowledge base system that customers could access. New products are released every quarter and we install and test those software products.
- Also use Microsoft 365, Word and Excel.
Confidential, FARMINGTON HILLS, Ml
- My environment included the P.M.S. (Policy Management System), A.C.E. (Automated Claims Environment), C.L.S. (Commercial Lines System), Panvalet, Smarttest, Xpeditor, COBOL, COBOL II, VSAM, BMS Mapping, FOCUS, DYL280, CICS, DB2, SQL, S.P.U.F.I. File-Aid, DB2 Catalog Manager.
- Personal Lines insurance maintaining a fairly large Home and Auto rating system with responsibilities for on call coverage every other month.
- Installed the MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) system, the Vinscan (Vehicle Id System), the Claim Lock system to prevent updates to policies with claims.
- Commercial Lines Claims, installed Texas E.D.I. (Electronic Data Interface) to send reports electronically and eliminate mailing paper.
- Converted system from Vsam to DB2 Database.
- Implemented online Claims query system.
- Maintain the Commercial Lines Policy side in a problem solving capacity including Helpdesk responsibilities for the online and batch portions.
Confidential, DETROIT, Ml
- My environment included IMS/DB/CICS, COBOL VS, TSO/ISPF, Panvalet, COBOL II, VSAM, CLISTS.
- I was assigned to Chrysler Information Center in Warren as a consultant. My duties were to maintain the Warranty System, Expense Per Unit Repair (E.P.U.R.) Sub system and the Dealer Warranty Repair Frequency Analysis (D.W.R.F.A.) Sub System. I wrote programs creating reports, maintained existing programs requiring modifications.
Confidential, DETROIT, Ml
- My environment included IBM 3083, VM CMS Batch and Online, OMS Mapping, CULPRIT, VSAM, ROSCOE, Librarian, TSO, ISPF, OS JCL, COBOL, ADABAS/NATURAL.
- I was assigned to the Gas Accounting Systems support area. My responsibilities were all new development and maintenance to be performed on the CMS Timesharing System.
- The systems under my control were gas payments, gas sales, gas exchange, supplier matters, and company use of gas.
- All new development was done in ADABAS/NATURAL. I was also trained in IDMS, OLQ, ADO/O and DC Mapping.
Confidential, SOUTHFIELD, Ml
My environment included: IBM 3083, OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, Panvalet, IMS DB/CICS, COBOL, DYL280.
- Assigned to the Property and Casualty area, I was in charge of the Auto Marketing System and designated backup for the Automobile System.
- I maintained and coded programs dealing with quoting auto insurance rates in the batch environment. Assisted in the study, design, coding and implementation of an Auto Policy Rate Test System for all rate changes in three states.
- Worked with Parameter Management Execute (P.M.E.) A microfiche software that was used to convert all current paper reports to microfiche.
Confidential, DEARBORN, Ml
My environment included: IBM 3081.370/168, OS/MVS, VTAM/SNA, Panvalet, TSO/SPF, IMS DB/DC BTS, COBOL, and QUIKJOB.
- Assigned to the Data Base Systems Support area in the Computer Assisted Underwritíng project for auto insurance created and updated documentation, designed and coded structured programs. performed maintenance to programs pertaining to auto insurance. Majority of work was in an IMS online environment.