Years of experience in resident, social, and human services, job development,, and placement, program and project management, and community development and outreach. I have utilized my extensive skills and experience to work in Confidential Multifamily Housing communities as a Community Services Manager.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Community Organizing
- Job Development
- Social Services
- Business Skills
- Operations Management
- Case Management
- Governmental Affairs
- Youth Services
Confidential, Washington, DC
Community Services Manager
- Developed and administered health, job development, adult, conflict resolution, community engagement, senior wellness, youth programs, and faith based programs and services.
- Trained and prepared management team and residents for Confidential compliance on Residents Rights and Responsibilities and the DC Housing Authorities rules and regulations
- Supervised administrative, program, and professional staff of twenty
- Organized the residents to form and in corporate the properties first Resident Association and served as an onsite liaison to management
- Assisted residents in building informal support network among themselves, developing conflict resolution structures, and led to an overall 50% reduction in crime
- Developed the first publicly funded comprehensive health resource clinic organized by the residents and housed in a neighbourhood facility in Ward 5
- Planned and built a KABOOM Playground with donations and volunteerism from the residents, management, and surrounding community.
- Through my dedication, more than $100,00 was donated to the playground bulid.
- Organized successful athletics program that featured a community sponsored basketball tournament, Confidential football teams, Confidential basketball teams, and other sports
- Afterschool program, mentoring, tutoring, and summer camp with a daily average of 60 youth participating in the programs and activities
Confidential, Washington, DC
Founder/ Executive Director
- Contracted by the Department of Employment Services to develop job and placement programs to address the high unemployment rates among African American males and females ages 18 to 35 in Ward 5
- Partnered with Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency and developed a pilot program, the Offender Neighbourhood Reintegration Program.
- This unique program established a template for neighbourhood involvement in the successful re - entry of offenders returning from prison to into the community.
- The two year pilot program successfully reintegrated 10 of 13 participants into the community with a recidivism rate of 10%.
- Created a community based school attendance and leadership development program for 60 youth in the Brentwood section of Ward 5. Operation Truancy addressed the serious problem of school attendance, high dropout rate, and low college attendance in Ward 5. The program achieved the following goals, 95% attendance among participants, 2.5 grade point average, 100% enrollment in DC summer jobs program or internships, and among high school seniors, 100% matriculation in post high school i.e. college, trade school, etc.