Senior Confidential Accountant with strong a background in management and technology applications. Reputation for using end to end knowledge of Confidential and mutual funds applications to promote personal accuracy, build trust, identify opportunities for new business and to constantly improve efficiency and professionalism in the job.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Internally handled daily accounting functions
- Prepared Monthly, Semi - annual and Annual financial statements
- Assisted with Lobbying for New Castle, Kent, and Sussex Counties.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
IT Project Lead
- Consistently requested by senior leaders to manage ~30 high visibility, critical projects in registered Confidential and mutual funds operations due to prior background managing end to end processes.
- Initiated a regular review of business requirements and developed scope of project to ensure concentrated focus on objective, timely completion within budget.
- Delivered faster, higher quality, more consistent project results with greater accountability by introducing standardized project planning across IT support business lines.
- Used finance/ accounting background to successfully serve as IT liaison with outside vendors, ensuring compliance with budget and observance of best practices.
- Acted as business analyst while managing projects due to ability to define and achieve the project goal.
- Taught and oversaw testing of quality control of final product to ensure smooth transition to operations.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Confidential Fund Implementation Manager
- Successfully built relationships with outgoing administrators that generated smooth transition of Accounting and Transfer Agency information.
- Managed new launches from existing and new clients onto JPMorgan’s existing accounting platform
- Led creation of new standard procedures for opening bank accounts for Confidential fund services.
- Broad knowledge supported ability to collaborate efficiently with operations, accounting, legal, transfer agency, and IT teams, and to generate smooth hand-offs between critical project phases.
Senior Fund Accountant
- Calculated performance fee for equalization, series funds, and partnerships
- Reduced risk and required labor hours, and improved consistency, by standardizing procedures for small start up Confidential fund administrator.
- Gained new business by forming strong relationships with investment managers.
- Clients consistently requested personal handling of their portfolio accounting for complex securities and fund structures due to responsiveness and quality of work.
- Acted as primary point of contact to Confidential fund managers in Europe for queries regarding administration services.
- Applied a series or equalization method of performance fee calculation offline instead of only relying on automatic calculations. Method yielded greater knowledge for explaining processes to auditors.
- Selected, due to full deep knowledge of accounting to act as task force member responsible for converting funds from former mainframe to new system with improved accountability (EAGLE).
- Part of strategic team that defined the value of swaps and futures; chosen due to demonstrated aptitude and knowledge of investments.
- Saved considerable money and mitigated risk by reconciling inaccuracies in accounts ranging from small to large.
- Using Reuters, Bloomberg and IDC, independently priced portfolios of securities.
- Assigned to act as Transfer Agent for high level, high dollar investors due to accuracy and degree of professionalism.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- End to end accountant. Responsible for calculating daily Net Asset Value and monthly yield reports required by Confidential .
- Prepared the fund’s monthly financial statements, statement of investments, and tax forms, meeting all deadlines as required.
- Prepared daily, weekly, monthly bank and pricing reconciliations.
- Took advantage of all opportunities to take formal and to shadow excellent managers in order to better skills.
- Part of team known to set the standard for best practices.
- Group vetted all new processes and procedures.
- Trusted to handle the conversion of new, high profile funds and to act as administrator.
- Elected to train and assist new hired fund accountants due to ability to explain both procedures and business decisions clearly.